User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #6616
cwc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 893
Frame Covers

I need some of these and can't find them.

Can anyone point me at a source?

DR350 It'll get you there

My Ride Reports Here
cwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #6617
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer: 1,374
Jesse has them ....

In Aluminum ...

http://www.kientech.com/DR350FrameGuard.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc View Post

Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 AM   #6618
lstuckey1
Ret. Pro Bench Racer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:

I just switched to the ones Jessie sells and removed a purple set from my bike. The color is a little lighter than your frame but its the same match-up that I had. They're not close to perfect but they are functional. PM me your address.
lstuckey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:35 AM   #6619
cwc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstuckey1 View Post
I just switched to the ones Jessie sells and removed a purple set from my bike. The color is a little lighter than your frame but its the same match-up that I had. They're not close to perfect but they are functional. PM me your address.
PM sent. Thanks.

My Ride Reports Here
Old 01-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #6620
cwc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsVs View Post
Thanks for the link. I think I'll try to stay with plastic.

My Ride Reports Here
Old 01-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #6621
Dilliw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I think I'll try to stay with plastic.
I just painted mine with Fusion Patriot Blue then covered them with 3M Paint Protection Film. 2 falls on the left side and it still looks great.
Dilliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #6622
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilliw View Post
I just painted mine with Fusion Patriot Blue then covered them with 3M Paint Protection Film. 2 falls on the left side and it still looks great.
You put paint and protection film on the paint protectors!

I don't mind the paint being rubbed off the frame in the first place.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #6623
Dilliw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post

Laux, getting grief from a Coonass.

Painted my frame then added the paint protection film. I'm too cheap to buy plastic or aluminum protectors!

The Fusion paint is a dead ringer for the Suzuki blue (or close enough for a dirt bike) by the way.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #6624
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,033
thats what IM thinking.

spray paint it black once a year... haha

92 cents versus $92

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post

mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #6625
farmer fred
Banned

Oddometer: 1,493
I am taking posession of a 92 DR350 this week. Woot! Another new learning curve.

It's got 12,000 miles, supertrapp, bark buster, bash plate, knobbies and all the street stuff. It sure is a mofo to start with the kick only. We had to use my buddy's race-bike starter rollers to get it going when cold.

It has a plastic tank that I think is not what it came with.
farmer fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #6626
Dilliw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer fred View Post
I am taking posession of a 92 DR350 this week. Woot! Another new learning curve.

It's got 12,000 miles, supertrapp, bark buster, bash plate, knobbies and all the street stuff. It sure is a mofo to start with the kick only. We had to use my buddy's race-bike starter rollers to get it going when cold.

It has a plastic tank that I think is not what it came with.
Fred! Why do DR's and Guzzi's go together???? Greg Bender is on this thread too.

I just picked one up a '90 couple of months ago. Mine was hard to start at first but it's gotten a better (or I've gotten a lot better). Key for me is to always follow the starting procedure and kick from TDC. I'll bet your bike isn't jetted right with that pipe too. I'm sending my pipe to Jesse this weekend for his mod plus implementing his suggestions (air box mod, jets, pilot screw).

You keeping my buddy Kaz out of trouble?

George

Dilliw screwed with this post 01-06-2011 at 02:31 PM
Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #6627
farmer fred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZone View Post
>"Is my bike the only properly tuned DR out there?"

My 95 dirt model starts the same way...
Pre-93s or so had different gearing of the kicker that gives like 1/25th of a revolution per kick. They are a bitch to start (I have one). Jesse sells the parts needed to swap (including the clutch basket).
Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #6628
rubberband
Will ride for tacos

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Fred! Why do DR's and Guzzi's go together???? Greg Bender is on this thread too.

I just picked one up a '90 couple of months ago. Mine was hard to start at first but it's gotten a better (or I've gotten a lot better). Key for me is to always follow the starting procedure and kick from TDC. I'll bet your bike isn't jetted right with that pipe too. I'm sending my pipe to Jesse this weekend for his mod plus implementing his suggestions (air box mod, jets, pilot screw).

George
Please post up the results of the modified (Jessed) pipe, and what jetting you ended up with. I'm real close to shipping a stock pipe off to him as well....the supertrapp i have is too loud for my taste.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #6629
farmer fred
Banned

Quote:

George
Haven't seen Kaz in a while.

DRs and Guzzis (and KLRs) are popular with all manner of skinflints!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #6630
ptgarcia
Huh?

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp View Post
Got the tail light working. There was a problem in the last section of wiring so I ran a new set of wires back and all is good on that front. Thanks to all who gave me the tips.

NOW, my new problem... the stupid bike won't start anymore. Ran fine three days ago though it was a little tough to start. It is pretty cold here (for us - I am in California) at about 45 to 55 deg F but I doubt that's the problem. I pulled the carb and gave it a good cleaning. It was pretty darn clean inside which was good considering it has been sitting for about six weeks with gas in the tank. I have a new sparkplug too which I am going to put in tonight and I have added Sea Foam to the fuel and topped it off with fresh gas.

However, I have several hoses that are just dangling off the carb/petcock/etc. I am not sure if one of these came loose and that is why it stopped running. Here are some pics and the hoses I am wondering about. Carb is the pumper, bike is a 1992 street-model, petcock is... well I'm not sure if its stock or after-market.

The "red arrow" hose in the pic below is the fuel supply line to the carb, that I know. The other thinner one "green arrow" is coming off the back of the petcock and just floats connected to nothing. Not sure if that is correct.

In this next pic, this hose I am holding goes up into the area underneath the tank/air filter where the red arrow is. It has that hose clamp on the end of it so my intuition tells me that it should be connected somewhere but I don't know where. Also tucked-away in there unseen is a hose that looks like it came off the airbox that is capped. I suspect that is a line to pump the fuel in the stock CV carb and is capped for the pumper model.

In this pic, I know the "red circle" is the main fuel supply line and the "blue circle" is the drain for the float bowl (I have the hose for that.) The pink hose coming off the "green circle" was just hanging down loose. Not sure if that goes someplace special...

On the other side of the carb, this "green circle" hose was also hanging down loose connected to nothing. Again, not sure if that is right.

Any answers to the mystery hoses would be appreciated. Also, I have searched but can not find any diagrams detailing the pumper install on the DR350. Are there any around that I missed? Or photos that illustrate where it all hooks up?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Those hose on the back of the fuel cock is the vacuum source that opens the valve allowing fuel to flow. It needs to be connected. Not sure where it connects on the DR350, though. Since you have the pumper carb your vacuum source is probably somewhere on the cylinder head/intake.

'06 DR-Z400S
ptgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote