Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskieken View Post
wow boy do i feel real stupid for buying this bike,
thanks for the bad news,
man i feel like a piece of garbage now.
god i'm so dumb
Easy there fella. I know the fix looks scary, but it's really not that bad.

Just a tip, if you lay the bike down on its left side you can remove the side cover and clutch without having to drain the oil.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #11733
EastBoundAndDown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Sold my DR250SE not 3 months ago to buy a street bike, and I got bored already. I missed street legal and dirt capable in one package, so I bought this DR350 for $1300 today. 6K miles, pretty clean for being 18 years old.

Jetting is way off. It has a supertrapp muffler, and it runs awesome 0-5500rpm, and its a dog after 5500rpm. I figure its lean. If stock main is 127.5, does this muffler normally require a richer main?

'Couple old Kawasaki's and an Orange 200

EastBoundAndDown screwed with this post 04-27-2012 at 08:13 PM
EastBoundAndDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #11734
rubberband
Will ride for tacos

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundAndDown View Post
Sold my DR250SE not 3 months ago to buy a street bike, and I got bored already. I missed street legal and dirt capable in one package, so I bought this DR350 for $1300 today. 6K miles, pretty clean for being 18 years old.

Jetting is way off. It has a supertrapp muffler, and it runs awesome 0-5500rpm, and its a dog after 5500rpm. I figure its lean. If stock main is 127.5, does this muffler normally require a richer main?

nice bike, is the airbox stock?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #11735
clab04
The Sprout

Oddometer: 121
No Gas!! I need help!

Ok guys, I'm in a pickle! I am 150mi away from home and I'm having carb problems. It seems my float or needle is sicking. I get just enough gas in the bowl to go about 1mi. then it dies. If I let it set for a bit or suck on the vent hose I can get the bowl filled back up and go another mile. I took the bowl off on the side of the road and was able to work the float with my finger. It seems to be fine. What gives? Can the float sit too low causing it to shut off to fast?

Hey hey hey! Don't you think he is dead enough?
Well he shouldn't have been playing on my side of the street!
clab04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #11736
GaThumper
Road Less Traveled

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by clab04 View Post
Ok guys, I'm in a pickle! I am 150mi away from home and I'm having carb problems. It seems my float or needle is sicking. I get just enough gas in the bowl to go about 1mi. then it dies. If I let it set for a bit or suck on the vent hose I can get the bowl filled back up and go another mile. I took the bowl off on the side of the road and was able to work the float with my finger. It seems to be fine. What gives? Can the float sit too low causing it to shut off to fast?
Is it the stock petcock? Could be a problem with the vacuum activated stock petcock. Have you tried putting it on prime?

1996 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (for sale) 1987 Yamaha TT600 (for sale)
GaThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #11737
clab04
The Sprout

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaThumper View Post
Is it the stock petcock? Could be a problem with the vacuum activated stock petcock. Have you tried putting it on prime?
Dirt bike convert. Has standard petcock. But I did check it.

Hey hey hey! Don't you think he is dead enough?
Well he shouldn't have been playing on my side of the street!
clab04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #11738
Teeeeeemu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskieken View Post
hi, well i'm new owner of used 95 dr350se 10,700 miles on it
so i have a question
i can not seem to adjust the clutch to were it's not dragging when i pull it in .
i just bought the bike only test rode it couple miles , anyway thought it was no big deal to adjust the clutch.
well i'm having a hard time doing it. I have the same problem. I just replaced the thrust washers, didnt help.
My clutch is only dragging, not slipping. Could this be fixed with new plates? Or only by shaving the basket?

adjusting the clutch
i can not move the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in .
can't start it in gear with the lever pulled in Is this possible when the clutch is working properly?

so my question it it maybe something like a stretched cable, Is this possible?
Read yellow
Teeeeeemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #11739
EastBoundAndDown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberband View Post
nice bike, is the airbox stock?
Yeah, checked the airbox and it hasnt been modified. I'm just curious if assing a supertrappy muffler normally requires a rejet.

'Couple old Kawasaki's and an Orange 200
EastBoundAndDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #11740
Seavoyage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundAndDown View Post
127.5 main which comes stock on a Mikuni TM33-8012 is too lean for the DR350 . I've heard that 127.5 main works on the 441cc Big Bore kits ( a small engine has a lower flow velocity at the same RPMeeds a bigger jet) .

DR350 with TM33-8012 carb. Supertrapp 8-discs (per Supertrapp recommendation), Airbox top/snorkel removed, oiled Uni-filter. At Sea Level: 37.5 pilot (stock), Needle 2nd slot up, Main 137.5 (I'm testing a 145 and 150 on my DR250), Fuel screw 1-1/8 turns out. If you can turn fuel screw in all the way your pilot is too rich, out over 3 turns pilot too lean: This is not probable as 37.5 works well on this engine.

If you're running the CV carb - I have no idea on jetting..or emission required vacuum lines. Highly recommend replacement Mikuni TM33-8012.

I don't think that Supertrapp with a quiet-core and 8-discs will pass 96dB limit. Might be able to go down to 6-discs but start running rich. I still use the Supertrapp, down from12-discs when I ran a WhiteBros TM34 flatslide (30 pilot, P6 needle, 180 main) more suited for the 441cc Big Bore or an overbored XR400 .For srtict sound checks, I swap out for a FMF Q-core.

Seavoyage screwed with this post 05-14-2012 at 05:44 PM
Seavoyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #11741
.tdc
b00b

Oddometer: 14
Question

i have a used plastic tank for a dirt model dr350 i'm looking to unload. i bought it locally on craigslist and the guy assured me it would work on a dirt or ds model bike and at the time i didn't know better (i actually thought it was an aftermarket oversized tank due to me being an utter n00b).
i got it for $100 and it came with two petcocks, one installed and one loose. would anybody be interested in it for what i paid plus shipping? no idea what it's worth, i'm just hoping i can get my money back. i ended up getting the acerbis tank in the end and this one is just sitting on a shelf taking up space. the loose petcock is a little rough, but works fine, the installed one is nice and also works.
the tank has it's cap and all the hardware.
i don't have photos at the moment, but i can get some if anyone wants to see it.
.tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #11742
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,809
take a picture and sell it in the flea market, someone will buy it I'm sure
Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #11743
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by .tdc View Post
i have a used plastic tank for a dirt model dr350 i'm looking to unload. i bought it locally on craigslist and the guy assured me it would work on a dirt or ds model bike and at the time i didn't know better (i actually thought it was an aftermarket oversized tank due to me being an utter n00b).
i got it for $100 and it came with two petcocks, one installed and one loose. would anybody be interested in it for what i paid plus shipping? no idea what it's worth, i'm just hoping i can get my money back. i ended up getting the acerbis tank in the end and this one is just sitting on a shelf taking up space. the loose petcock is a little rough, but works fine, the installed one is nice and also works.
the tank has it's cap and all the hardware.
i don't have photos at the moment, but i can get some if anyone wants to see it.
does it fit on your bike?
what model is your dr350?
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #11744
.tdc
b00b

Oddometer: 14
i have an s model, does not fit due to the front mounts being different. i'll get some pictures of it today.
.tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #11745
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,923
The dirt model tank does not have the same mounts as the S model.
MrPulldown is online now   Reply With Quote