Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #13561
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,702
Everyone loves racks.

This however is a pretty sorry example.

What is it?? Looks like a mini BBQ grill someone "U"clamped to the grab bar. Free shipping if you buy now for $25.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Rack-DR...18951e&vxp=mtr
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #13562
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,385
Thats not a rack. Its a bread warmer for when your camping. Start bike up. Put bread there. It will warm it up.

Each and every day is in memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #13563
ctjohnson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
While looking at my wiring this weekend I noticed a brown and black/white wire in a connector going to nothing. It also goes to nothing on the wiring diagram as well(left side of diagram halfway down). All the other brown and black/white wires go to turn signals and lights. What was this one originally designed to go to?
ctjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #13564
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjohnson View Post
While looking at my wiring this weekend I noticed a brown and black/white wire in a connector going to nothing. It also goes to nothing on the wiring diagram as well(left side of diagram halfway down). All the other brown and black/white wires go to turn signals and lights. What was this one originally designed to go to?
I suspect it was for a pilot light for markets that had the ability to turn off the headlight. B/W is ground, and Br is from the ignition switch which is "parking/running lights" (ie. direct from battery power if the key is in Park, or via kill switch Orange (switched power) when the key is On).

Mark
markk900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #13565
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjohnson View Post
Is that wire under the headlight cowl. It is a great key on power source. I use it to run my heated grips. Yes I thought that it might be under speced to run heated stuff. But three years later it still works great. I do have an in line fuse jsut in case.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #13566
Stretch67
Bent, But Not Broken

Oddometer: 5,526
Use that wire to trigger a relay, wired thusly:

On my Tiger (R.I.P.) I had a relay that energized an entire fuse block (the lower one), to which I then connected various and sundry 'key-on' accessories (such as heated grips and 12-volt outlets).

XR400 Index

Stretch67 screwed with this post 11-12-2012 at 08:16 PM
Stretch67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #13567
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Anyone know of an online manual?

Each and every day is in memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
Old 11-13-2012, 04:25 AM   #13568
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch67 View Post

On my Tiger (R.I.P.) I had a relay that energized an entire fuse block (the lower one), to which I then connected various and sundry 'key-on' accessories (such as heated grips and 12-volt outlets).
Nice, though I suspect the trumpet had a little more oomph in the alternator department!

Mark
markk900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #13569
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
Anyone know of an online manual?
http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbend...___parts_fiche

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbend...ervice_manuals

Enjoy!

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #13570
Stretch67
Bent, But Not Broken

Oddometer: 5,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk900 View Post
Nice, though I suspect the trumpet had a little more oomph in the alternator department!

Mark
Yeah, but with twin headlights, electric fuel pump and injectors, ECM, and electric fan, there wasn't a hell of a lot left over. I loved the bike, but for what it was, the alternator was lacking.
XR400 Index

Stretch67 screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 07:59 AM
Stretch67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #13571
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,650
Mileadge at which this seems to need fixing

Gents who are in the know on this issue or otherwise just have insite. Ive got 3,600 original miles on my DR 350 it runs great. I have been thinking about making sure its ready for a multi day long trip such as BAJA. I know there is a circlip on the front sprocket that needs watching so it dosnt pop off. The other issue ive noticed is this clutch thrust washer / clutch drag issue. I havent noticed any clutch issues while riding mine. What should i be looking for and what king of miladge is this thrust washer become an issue? Should i just do the clutch mod before a 5 day ride down in BAJA? What about a spare CDI? Havent read much about a CDI failure issue on the DR but Ill ask. I have a big tank and LED head light valves checked and oil changed. Spare clutch and throttle cables all set. Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
Drif10 has done a wonderful writeup on how to fix the clutch problem.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=21

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #13572
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Bender View Post
Awesome. Thank you Greg.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #13573
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
Gents who are in the know on this issue or otherwise just have insite. Ive got 3,600 original miles on my DR 350 it runs great. I have been thinking about making sure its ready for a multi day long trip such as BAJA. I know there is a circlip on the front sprocket that needs watching so it dosnt pop off. The other issue ive noticed is this clutch thrust washer / clutch drag issue. I havent noticed any clutch issues while riding mine. What should i be looking for and what king of miladge is this thrust washer become an issue? Should i just do the clutch mod before a 5 day ride down in BAJA? What about a spare CDI? Havent read much about a CDI failure issue on the DR but Ill ask. I have a big tank and LED head light valves checked and oil changed. Spare clutch and throttle cables all set. Thanks in advance
Sounds like you've got it set up pretty good. If you're not having clutch issues, not sure I'd go lookin for any. Check chain, sprockets, tires, tubes and carry spare tubes, patch kits, pumps, tools, plug and a few nuts and bolts. Wow, the more I think about it, the more I remember stuff I take. Here's a "short" partial list. Super Glue, JB weld, Stainless Wire, Lock Tite, various sizes of Zip Ties, Hose Clamps, Duct Tape, 3 ft fuel hose, Tow Rope, Latex Gloves, a couple of shop towels and paper towels. The locals down there are good at fixin stuff and most are very helpful, with the right approach. Have a good trip. Wish I could go.
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #13574
Teeeeeemu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Is this http://i.imgur.com/Uk9Az.jpg the correct routing for the throttle cable? I mean where it curves to frame. I know its around the brake hose, I change it if it rubs.
I ordered the cable last thrusday and it arrived today so 4 days, impressive!
Teeeeeemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #13575
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
I know there is a circlip on the front sprocket that needs watching so it dosnt pop off.
Don't watch it. Change it out. If you buy a new one, and compare it to the current one. you can tell if yours is streached out or not. If it is streached out, don't wait till it falls off to replace, jsut replace it. It's is a cheap part anyways.