User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #241
leeinmemphis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,072
I haven't done much wheeling in mine but will in the future probably. It is a '08 Wrangler with OME lift and front spacers in the coils. Wheel spacers, 34" mtrs, arb bumper with a 9500lb winch. I took the top off in March when I bought it and put it on in October. I can't wait until spring to take the top back off.

leeinmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #242
sideshow
debaser

Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenR
Been out of the Jeep rags for about 5 years now. What's with the flip angle of this Dana case? Is it a high pinion? Special modified housing for taking hits? It looks really goofy , but it's got a little more clearance with the inspection plate rotated up. That's a lot of money for a little gain if it is just for clearance and a higher pinion.
sideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #243
nwgs OP
solarfied

Oddometer: 32,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow
Been out of the Jeep rags for about 5 years now. What's with the flip angle of this Dana case? Is it a high pinion? Special modified housing for taking hits? It looks really goofy , but it's got a little more clearance with the inspection plate rotated up. That's a lot of money for a little gain if it is just for clearance and a higher pinion.

P.S. needs some mud on it..
nwgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #244
ABQTJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow
This is the axle under there:

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2997
ABQTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #245
HikerGPS
Lost my signal...

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted
And the finished project, Less the cash he had saved up for a new bike.

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, what lift, and how high? My springs are good for maybe another year and I'm on the lookout. OME are the front running choice, but they're a little $$$...
Old 12-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #246
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,823
Hey Hiker some info for ya...
3'' rough country, full ft. springs, add a leaf rear, Bought off ebay, topgunzcustomz was the dealer real good price NIB.
2twisted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:28 AM   #247
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,372
[quote=nwgs]Here's an old crossing of the Fordyce Trail. We are doing it and the Rubicon (much easier) this summer..

&ampampnbsp

The next one is my buddy Jon, You can hear his wife in the background goin Oh my god.

Jon did the crossing first with the trailer then came back and got the wife and kids.
Jon is fun to wheel with

I decided I was bored with my jeep and rode that trail on my KTM 250EXC. Any part of my bod that wasn't armored had grapefruit sized bruises. Had to put it in the back of a an old Bronco to make the water crossings. At some point broke the clutch lever off with my thigh, even with bark busters. Ahhh memories.

Yep, lot tuffer than the Rubicon. Well, late summer Rubicon. Fisrt thing in spring it's a whole different trail.
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #248
nwgs OP
solarfied

[QUOTE=batoutoflahonda]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgs

The next one is my buddy Jon, You can hear his wife in the background goin Oh my god.

Jon did the crossing first with the trailer then came back and got the wife and kids.
Jon is fun to wheel with

I decided I was bored with my jeep and rode that trail on my KTM 250EXC. Any part of my bod that wasn't armored had grapefruit sized bruises. Had to put it in the back of a an old Bronco to make the water crossings. At some point broke the clutch lever off with my thigh, even with bark busters. Ahhh memories.

Yep, lot tuffer than the Rubicon. Well, late summer Rubicon. Fisrt thing in spring it's a whole different trail.

This Jon?

We have done the Rubicon twice with him and Fordyce once.

The List
Old 12-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #249
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,372
no jon

dave. been looking to get another jeep. so been perusing this thread. did a lot of this stuff when i lived in NorCal.
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #250
pirahna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 17,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgs

P.S. needs some mud on it..

:ymca
pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #251
nwgs OP
solarfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirahna

:ymca

The List
Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #252
nwgs OP
solarfied

A post by Merrick Graves on the Jeep'n forum here in WA.

Been down thru there many times. Always say "Well that will be the last time". Never seems to be though.

One time the rig in front of me kept lifting a rear tire. The tire would come up about 8" or so the settle back down on the trail. Only to do this numerous times. The driver of that rig made a comment over the CB about how the rig in front of him was lifting a rear tire a few inches every so often. I figured now was a good time to tell the rig in front of me about how high his tire was lifting. Well that was the end of that. He recruited other passengers to highside him almost the whole way down from where I made the comment.

The way I look at these sidehills is if I don't see a bunch of glass or parts downhill from the sidehill I should make it just fine. Has worked for me at Rimrock just fine. Only went over backwards once.

It's about the stories..

The List
Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #253
Noreaster
Fat and Cuddly again

Oddometer: 1,395
This is my '94 4cyl. YJ. It was a very small stuck all things considered but I had to get towed out and it soured me for some time since I had no one to wheel with. Sadly, I sold it then my buddy got an unlimited TJ and so I picked up my LR at about the same time he bought himself a "handyman special" house and I haven't realy wheeled that either! Some dirt rodas nere and there and a goat trai or two but NO MORE MUDHOLES unless I have some one to pull me out!!!!!!

" I hate to burst bubbles, but the Last Frontier is paved..." JRMosley
2005 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom
2005 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #254
nwgs OP
solarfied

The List
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #255
ADVMindset
Americana Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,137
Anybody familiar with the current model Rubicon Unlimited, have been shopping for one, but not impressed with the power. I'm sure there's solutions just don't want to sink a bunch of $$$ into it. Want to lift it & do larger tires also, so I'll need some more power for sure.

Any pros and cons ?
What are some of the better places for parts and goodies for the new ones ?
ADVMindset is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: