ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #31
KawDlr
Kawasaki GURU
 
KawDlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Dothan-Circle City, Alabama
Oddometer: 690
Python, might try and do this run on Friday Oct 3 2008. How long does the run take from the fuel station in Telico taking in acount I am an avid D/S rider and new to this route. We have riden the slabs in this area since I was a kid, but this coming weekend I am free to ride d/s Friday afternoon.
KawDlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #32
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 14,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
The file is standard .GPX, and should open with Mapsource, or any other .GPX compatible software (mapsend,etc.)
Maps loaded easily and opened fine.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #33
Ironman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Greenville, SC
Oddometer: 135
Thanks!

Python,
A couple of buddies and myself will be up in the area the weekend of March 20th. Thanks a ton for the track, as we'll definitely be dual sporting it.

Cheers!
__________________
2007 Yamaha XT225 (sold); 2008 Kawasaki KLX250 (sold);
2002 BMW 1150 GSA (sold); 1996 DR350 (sold)
2010 BMW F800GS (sold); 2010 Triumph Scrambler (sold);
2011 Husky SMS630 (sold); 2010 Husky TE510
2011 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #34
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com
 
Python423's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sweetwater, TN
Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman
Python,
A couple of buddies and myself will be up in the area the weekend of March 20th. Thanks a ton for the track, as we'll definitely be dual sporting it.

Cheers!
Hollar at me closer to that weekend, maybe I could join u guys.. hollar at us over at www.tnadvriders.com also for more tracks.
__________________
Vist Tennessee's (and Surrounding Areas)
Online Offroad/Dualsport community at ...

http://www.facebook.com/python423
Python423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #35
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?
 
TexasShadow's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Terlingua, Texas
Oddometer: 608
I'll be back there second week in June, too. A full week! Jack will have his DR up and running by then. The three of us plan on riding new routes in addition to what we rode back in '07. Including that great single track.
I'll check in with you closer to June in case you'd like to join us.(and I'll probably have questions about routes even though Jack lives there in TP )

TexasShadow screwed with this post 03-18-2009 at 05:46 AM
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:44 AM   #36
9Dave
Bazinga!
 
9Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 12,775
Don't know if this is affected, but I saw something on another board about the USFS closing Tellico while it develops a use plan or something. Sorry - I can't find the original post, but you might want to check out the current situation.

Dave
__________________


dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #37
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?
 
TexasShadow's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Terlingua, Texas
Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Dave
Don't know if this is affected, but I saw something on another board about the USFS closing Tellico while it develops a use plan or something. Sorry - I can't find the original post, but you might want to check out the current situation.
thanks. If I'm not mistaken, this pertains mostly to the OHV Park. Not sure if it does to the entire OHV road system or not. I'll have to inquire.

We plan to ride in the TP and southern regions of the Cherokee NF and in Natahala NF.
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:36 AM   #38
Day13
Worst Avatar EVER!
 
Day13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Jax. FL
Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
Hollar at me closer to that weekend, maybe I could join u guys.. hollar at us over at www.tnadvriders.com also for more tracks.
I'll be in Murphy on vacation from 3/21-3/27. I sure would like to hook up with ya'll. I'm bringing my KLR & FJR.

David
Day13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #39
Ironman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Greenville, SC
Oddometer: 135
Headed to Tellico

Python,
Again, thanks for the great info. Quick question for you, as we'll be headed into Tellico late Friday of this week. Two of us are riding "big" dual sports, one an 1150gsa and the other a 1200gsa. We both have ridden a decent amount offroad (smaller dualsports included), and consider our skill level to be a 4 out of 5 mostly. I've reviewed the pics and tracks and wanted to get your opinion on accessibility with our big bikes. It looks like we may want to avoid trail 82 and 81 due to rock outcroppings and thin singletrack. Would that be a good assessment? Let us know if you are going to be around. We plan on an all day ride on Saturday.
Peace,
Ironman
__________________
2007 Yamaha XT225 (sold); 2008 Kawasaki KLX250 (sold);
2002 BMW 1150 GSA (sold); 1996 DR350 (sold)
2010 BMW F800GS (sold); 2010 Triumph Scrambler (sold);
2011 Husky SMS630 (sold); 2010 Husky TE510
2011 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #40
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs
 
Dirtysouth's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: 30120
Oddometer: 4,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman
Python,
Again, thanks for the great info. Quick question for you, as we'll be headed into Tellico late Friday of this week. Two of us are riding "big" dual sports, one an 1150gsa and the other a 1200gsa. We both have ridden a decent amount offroad (smaller dualsports included), and consider our skill level to be a 4 out of 5 mostly. I've reviewed the pics and tracks and wanted to get your opinion on accessibility with our big bikes. It looks like we may want to avoid trail 82 and 81 due to rock outcroppings and thin singletrack. Would that be a good assessment? Let us know if you are going to be around. We plan on an all day ride on Saturday.
Peace,
Ironman


Stop in and talk with Mike at Tellico Outfitters. He's been working on some of those trails and has a bigger bike (HP2), so he may be able to stear you in the right direction.

http://www.tellicomoto.com/
__________________
"...When your time comes to die, do not be like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death,
So that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over a different way.
Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Tecumseh
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:44 AM   #41
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?
 
TexasShadow's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Terlingua, Texas
Oddometer: 608
You can also stop in to Hunt's Motorcycle Lodge/campground on Hwy 64 just south of town. Jack, the proprietor, grew up there and knows the roads like the back of hands. He rides a DR, but can suggest routes suitable for big bikes. You are correct; trails 81 and 82 are too narrow for big bikes to navigate and often have downed trees.
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #42
Ironman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Greenville, SC
Oddometer: 135
It just so happens that we will be staying at Hunt's Lodge. Sounds like we have a good plan and a good weekend ahead. We'll definitely keep the big bikes off the narrow, rocky stuff. I would hate to have to try to 'right' one of the beasts out of some of the stuff that the pics show:-). Thanks guys!
__________________
2007 Yamaha XT225 (sold); 2008 Kawasaki KLX250 (sold);
2002 BMW 1150 GSA (sold); 1996 DR350 (sold)
2010 BMW F800GS (sold); 2010 Triumph Scrambler (sold);
2011 Husky SMS630 (sold); 2010 Husky TE510
2011 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #43
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?
 
TexasShadow's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Terlingua, Texas
Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman
It just so happens that we will be staying at Hunt's Lodge. Sounds like we have a good plan and a good weekend ahead. We'll definitely keep the big bikes off the narrow, rocky stuff. I would hate to have to try to 'right' one of the beasts out of some of the stuff that the pics show:-). Thanks guys!
Tell Jack Elzi sends greetings and to get ready for a week of riding in June. And ask him about the 650GS with narcolepsy

There are plenty of fun offroads to ride with your pigs. ;)
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #44
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com
 
Python423's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sweetwater, TN
Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasShadow
I'll be back there second week in June, too. A full week! Jack will have his DR up and running by then. The three of us plan on riding new routes in addition to what we rode back in '07. Including that great single track.
I'll check in with you closer to June in case you'd like to join us.(and I'll probably have questions about routes even though Jack lives there in TP )
Hope to see ya at the Tellco Rally Texas Shadow.. when u get to that singletrack, u mgiht want to try tne entire trail, the 2nd half has been somethed down alot by mike and crew over at Tellioc Mtorocycle outfitters..
__________________
Vist Tennessee's (and Surrounding Areas)
Online Offroad/Dualsport community at ...

http://www.facebook.com/python423
Python423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #45
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?
 
TexasShadow's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Terlingua, Texas
Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
Hope to see ya at the Tellco Rally Texas Shadow.. when u get to that singletrack, u mgiht want to try tne entire trail, the 2nd half has been somethed down alot by mike and crew over at Tellioc Mtorocycle outfitters..
Trail 82 will be the first one we hit It was already smooth when we rode it last time!
We do plan on riding the entire trail.

We'll be getting in sometime on Saturday; we should be able to swing by the Ralley after setting up camp. Hope to see you there, too.
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014