ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #46
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasShadow
Trail 82 will be the first one we hit It was already smooth when we rode it last time!
We do plan on riding the entire trail.

We'll be getting in sometime on Saturday; we should be able to swing by the Ralley after setting up camp. Hope to see you there, too.
Send me a PM, I'll give u my cell #.. I was under impression u only rode the short 1 or 2 mile section. it crosses there at buck bald, which before was kinda rocky and some pucker moments.. supposingly mike took out some fo the big rocks and roots..

http://www.facebook.com/python423
Python423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #47
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
Send me a PM, I'll give u my cell #.. I was under impression u only rode the short 1 or 2 mile section. it crosses there at buck bald, which before was kinda rocky and some pucker moments.. supposingly mike took out some fo the big rocks and roots..
We did; the southern portion. It fit in with the overall route for the day. I look forward to riding the trail in entirety.

In addition to campfire cobbler, I'm putting together a Big Bend slideshow for the group at Jack's. You're invited to join in.

I'll enter your contact info in The Black Book (TM). Can't wait till June.....
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #48
joburocks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Hit it today with my brother. Thanks for taking the time to make up the gps route, helped alot. The last river crossing on whits rd, got a little deep when I went left instead of staying on the rocks. Just shy of the seat! Got me nervous for a second but made it through. Had we done it on the DR rather than the XRL could have been a little water in the airbox.

Fun trip.
joburocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #49
TexasShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joburocks
Hit it today with my brother. Thanks for taking the time to make up the gps route, helped alot. The last river crossing on whits rd, got a little deep when I went left instead of staying on the rocks. Just shy of the seat! Got me nervous for a second but made it through. Had we done it on the DR rather than the XRL could have been a little water in the airbox.
The best way to cross that one is to the right of the rock ridges (going west?). Not as deep, no ridges, but requires a hard and quick turn to the left to avoid the Big Green Marshmallow.

We ran that road (plus 65 miles more of it all) last Wednesday.

Just got back from a week there. Will post ride report + photos when I wake up (pulled in at 1:30 am).

Sorry we missed you, Python. :(
Old 06-24-2009, 05:22 AM   #50
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com

Slight update to the file in post #1. Has Route options now.. But since the singletrack is not routeable (not on the maps), I had to put several routes in it, up to the trail point.. Then follow trail afterwords.. then after trail load the next route.

Also since some of the tracks criss-cross, I put the first part in Blue and last part in Red, so not to confuse anyone. Also added few waypoints here and there. Also put in Singletrack trail 81 as option in this track..

Sorry Missed you too Texas Shadow!! wish you guys could have stayed thru sunday, I could have rode.

Let me know if anyone has any more questions.. be glad to help with this route or others in the area.. please stop by my site , www.TnAdvRiders.com for more info in this area.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:58 AM   #51
TexasShadow

Our stories on the recent one-week stay in TN is here. Starts with three posts dated 6.16.09 (earlier posts are from trip in October, 2007). Posts are in reverse chronology, so the first post is ~half-way down the web page.
I still have two more days/rides to post up, both off-road.

We will be back!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:58 AM   #52
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Well I downloaded the GPX files and am headed that way on the 16th of July. I will try and ride what I can before having to head back to the flat lands of West TN.

Thanks for the info Python! I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge of the area. Unless it sucks.

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #53
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN
Well I downloaded the GPX files and am headed that way on the 16th of July. I will try and ride what I can before having to head back to the flat lands of West TN.

Thanks for the info Python! I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge of the area. Unless it sucks.
email or pm me here or on www.TnAdvRiders.com (Tennessee Adventure Riders) closer to your trip, if I'm off work when your in town, be glad to show ya around, aslo if ya need more riding, I can help draw up custom gpx's..

Old 06-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #54
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python423
email or pm me here or on www.TnAdvRiders.com (Tennessee Adventure Riders) closer to your trip, if I'm off work when your in town, be glad to show ya around, aslo if ya need more riding, I can help draw up custom gpx's..
Will do!

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #55
j_brawner
Nashville, TN

Oddometer: 77
Myself and a couple others are planning to come out your way and ride the route you've posted and i'm wondering if i downloaded the GPX file in the first post on this thread is that the latest update you've made?

Thanks so much for sharing and we are really looking forward to riding the route!!!
07' Triumph Scrambler 900
74' Honda CB450
j_brawner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #56
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_brawner
Myself and a couple others are planning to come out your way and ride the route you've posted and i'm wondering if i downloaded the GPX file in the first post on this thread is that the latest update you've made?

Thanks so much for sharing and we are really looking forward to riding the route!!!
Yes latest file.. email me when u come if I am off work I'll join ya.. also check us out over at www.tnadvriders.com

Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #57
j_brawner
Nashville, TN

Oddometer: 77
I've already joined and checked it out.. didn't seem like there was much activity going on there. But i'll let you know when we're headed that way!

Can you recommend a good place to camp around there? Somewhere we can get to gas/food without too much hassle would be nice!
07' Triumph Scrambler 900
74' Honda CB450

j_brawner screwed with this post 07-12-2009 at 04:37 PM
j_brawner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #58
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com

theres gas stations and restarunats in the GPS file.. quick 30 min drive to Athens, u have alot more options for food...

Old 07-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #59
simpson
wild rover of hell

Oddometer: 510
Hey python, do you know if I can ride smith creek road across the hiwassee? It looks like there's a dam there on google maps. I was just
curious to see if you had any info on that road. I was planning on riding most of the roads you have your loop, except for the single track, and then camping out Saturday night. Thanks for any help you can give.

simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #60
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson
Hey python, do you know if I can ride smith creek road across the hiwassee? It looks like there's a dam there on google maps.
You can't cross there. There is a Dam but its gated on both ends. You can go across lost creek and come out in reliance which is on other side of hiwasee then cross over bridge and be near where that would have come out.

Let me know when your in town, If I'm not doing anything and you want some company, I could tag along.