ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #31
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer: 2,399
Massas Creek Bluff from Sunday
Attached Images

On Hiatus
ThumperDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #32
G.Gordon
Nation of Frustration

Oddometer: 9,243
One problem...ya'll ain't got a V-Strom representative in your group. Give me a holler next time you ride and I'll come balance the group.

The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors;
that which it loves, and also that which it fears.

James Allen

G.Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #33
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

You betcha - hopefully there's going to be a ride down south in a few weeks to do some Ozark dual sport "touring".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashStromer
One problem...ya'll ain't got a V-Strom representative in your group. Give me a holler next time you ride and I'll come balance the group.

On Hiatus
Old 06-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #34
racer514
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Sure, waited till I had to leave to test out my on-the-fly carb vent upgrade to take a picture. I know us NJ guys are ugly but how often am I gonna get to do some good dual sport riding with some good people 1000 miles from home.

Seriously, it was a great time (after walmart saved my cold bones) and I really hope we can get a good weekend of riding in two weeks.

-Keith

PS, Anyone of you guys ever come east, look me up for a ride!
racer514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #35
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,297
Oh Oh!

Flashstromer, let me know when you're going, I can help with the heavy lifting around the fire!

I'm drooling reading about these rides within 4 hours of home, gotta make it down there soon...
begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #36
G.Gordon
Nation of Frustration

Oddometer: 9,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by begeberg
Flashstromer, let me know when you're going, I can help with the heavy lifting around the fire!

I'm drooling reading about these rides within 4 hours of home, gotta make it down there soon...
I'm about the same distance, but what is four hours of back road riding...oh wait...that's right you don't have a couch...I mean comfortable seat. Have you done much ADVtype riding on that new 400? I did not get to test it out. You do know that we had our eye on the 400 before someone offered up the 200

The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors;
that which it loves, and also that which it fears.

James Allen

G.Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #37
yard dog
cheap but not free

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer514
Sure, waited till I had to leave to test out my on-the-fly carb vent upgrade to take a picture.

-Keith
And here is Keith returning from his test run. Enjoy your time with your family next weekend. Hopefully we will have something fun to do in two weeks. Ken

yard dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:53 AM   #38
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

You're right there in the middle looking down at your handy work...who's not there is Jeff who's right off to the left wizzing in the woods....

Quote:

On Hiatus
Old 06-12-2007, 05:26 AM   #39
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Quote:
I'm about the same distance, but what is four hours of back road riding...oh wait...that's right you don't have a couch...I mean comfortable seat. Have you done much ADVtype riding on that new 400? I did not get to test it out. You do know that we had our eye on the 400 before someone offered up the 200

If he's got a 400 that's great.....mine's been in all kinds of conditions....here's a shot of my bike when we went down to the Arkansas TAT last month..1000 miles in 3 days..the guys were thinkin' I brought too much stuff....
Attached Images

On Hiatus

ThumperDRZ screwed with this post 06-12-2007 at 06:00 PM
Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #40
Pin2Hot
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I absolutely have to go with you guys the next time there's a ride but being a total newb, I'm a little intimidated. Any recommendations to get acclimated to your type of ride?
Pin2Hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #41
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Follow Buzzez around on his next gravel run.... You will be assimilated.

Actually there are riders at all levels...fast guys, well ....go fast....the more cautious types play sweeper.....depending on who goes on that particular ride...sometimes that's me....

Feel free to come on the next ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin2Hot
I absolutely have to go with you guys the next time there's a ride but being a total newb, I'm a little intimidated. Any recommendations to get acclimated to your type of ride?

On Hiatus
Old 06-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #42
Pin2Hot
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Can a Wee Strom hold up to what you guys throw at your bikes?
Pin2Hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #43
STL GS
STL GS

Oddometer: 22
I would like to try and join you guys for one of these rides as well, but I notice most are on lighter thumpers, not pig GS's like mine. Not sure you would have the patience for me, as my experience off road is limited to recent rides on gravel close to home, and some experience 30 yrs ago (that probably doesn't count) on a little Yamaha 125 enduro.

I'm considering at least mounting knobs on the GS instead of the skittish Tourances, but I sure like a spirited ride on pavement as well! Anyway, I'll keep monitoring this thread and hope to someday catch up with few of you.

Sure enjoy the ride reports ... keep 'em coming!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #44
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

We rode in Potosi 2 weeks ago and there were 3 GS's.....honz was leading that ride on his. I have also been on other rides following Buzzez on his, where once he was riding 2 up with his GF. ....I never see them, not even tail lights until they stop....

They ride these on gravel roads like flat tracking dirt bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL GS
I would like to try and join you guys for one of these rides as well, but I notice most are on lighter thumpers, not pig GS's like mine. Not sure you would have the patience for me, as my experience off road is limited to recent rides on gravel close to home, and some experience 30 yrs ago (that probably doesn't count) on a little Yamaha 125 enduro.

I'm considering at least mounting knobs on the GS instead of the skittish Tourances, but I sure like a spirited ride on pavement as well! Anyway, I'll keep monitoring this thread and hope to someday catch up with few of you.

Sure enjoy the ride reports ... keep 'em coming!

On Hiatus
Old 06-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #45
STL GS
STL GS

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperDRZ
We rode in Potosi 2 weeks ago and there were 3 GS's.....honz was leading that ride on his. I have also been on other rides following Buzzez on his, where once he was riding 2 up with his GF. ....I never see them, not even tail lights until they stop....

They ride these on gravel roads like flat tracking dirt bikes.
Yes, I saw that thread and was thinking about trying to make that one too. Honz sold me the RT I had. I've had the GS by his shop last year and he'd asked me to go along then, just couldn't make it fit the schedule.

Sooner or later I'll make one and I'm sure you guys will get some good laughs at my expense, unless of course, I can keep it upright the entire time!