User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
txridindirty OP
The Mongooses

Oddometer: 142
Scala G9X + Note 4 paired with Zumo 660 = PROBS

So I recently upgraded my GPS to a Zumo 660. I had my phone (Galaxy S4) paired with the Zumo 660, and the Zumo 660 paired with my Scala G9X. Initially I had issues with MP3 audio from the GPS dropping after a few seconds. After updating the firmware on my G9X it seemed to solve the issue.

Now.....

I upgraded my phone to a Note 4 and it started disconnecting the GPS from my G9X all together. I have verified that I have the latest firmware for both the headset and the Zumo. I unpaired my phone from the Zumo and paired it directly with the headset and there seems to be no issues.

Has anyone else run into this? It seems that Garmin and Cardo can't get on the same page with this stuff.

2007 GSA
2001 Harley Softail Nightrain
txridindirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
flyinturbo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
I had a total of 6 different Scalas... 2 sets of the G9s and 1 set of the G9X. I recently sold them all and got a set of the Sena 20S because no matter what we did with the Scalas, they'd never work as advertised. Cardos customer support is the equivalent of going to the dog pound and asking the closest pooch how to fix the G9s. The scala product was one of the worst products I've ever owned.

Good luck with your problem... if I had to do it all over again, I would have just started with the Sena from the start.
flyinturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
txridindirty OP
The Mongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinturbo View Post
I had a total of 6 different Scalas... 2 sets of the G9s and 1 set of the G9X. I recently sold them all and got a set of the Sena 20S because no matter what we did with the Scalas, they'd never work as advertised. Cardos customer support is the equivalent of going to the dog pound and asking the closest pooch how to fix the G9s. The scala product was one of the worst products I've ever owned.

Good luck with your problem... if I had to do it all over again, I would have just started with the Sena from the start.
I wonder if Sena will sync with scala? All of my buddies use various scala headsets.

I think the problem is with the Zumo actually....the Scala has worked perfectly up until now.

2007 GSA
Old 12-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,504
I have the same problem with my Zumo, Galaxy S5 and Sena 10. The problem is definitely with Garmin.

If I pair the GPS and phone (independently) to the Sena, everything works fine, but I dont get call display or phone book on the GPS.

If I pair the phone and Sena through the GPS, it works like crap. Sound quality is terrible and the person on the phone can't understand anything. (Call display works great, though).

Sena will pair with Scala (with the latest firmware) but buying a Sena won't resolve the issue.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
txridindirty OP
The Mongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
I have the same problem with my Zumo, Galaxy S5 and Sena 10. The problem is definitely with Garmin.

If I pair the GPS and phone (independently) to the Sena, everything works fine, but I dont get call display or phone book on the GPS.

If I pair the phone and Sena through the GPS, it works like crap. Sound quality is terrible and the person on the phone can't understand anything. (Call display works great, though).

Sena will pair with Scala (with the latest firmware) but buying a Sena won't resolve the issue.
Thank you for confirming my suspicion. Hopefully Garmin will come up with a firmware update that will solve this problem...because having the call display and the contact info on the GPS sure is handy. I will leave the phone paired with the headset directly until then :)

2007 GSA