Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #1846
the kaz
has become "FERAL"

Oddometer: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818 View Post
Its a slime compressor. I cut the top half of the houseing off and left it inside the lower portion. I did that to keep it from melting my fairings and there are little rubber motor mounts inside. I also used ducting insulation to keep the heat off the plastics and to keep the noise down. I mounted it inside my left front fairing.

I need to get some better heat resistant tubing because it did melt while inflating 2 tires back to back. Other than that its great!

Try useing air brake hose. Its better with heat and will work with the fittings I see in the picture
Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #1847
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
Clever grill builder - who are you?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=333
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #1848
GSAndy
Andy

Oddometer: 2
Here's Mine

For a first post, this is our set up for last year for a trip from UK to Eastern Europe. This shot taken near Cesky Krumlov in Czech Republic.

I am riding a 1200 GSA and my wife, a 650 CS (now replaced with new GS). The GSA has the standard ali boxes, Bagster tank bag, Ortleib bag on pillion and the little Touratech bags on the crash bars.Wife has Hepco and Becker Junior panniers, BMW tank box and Ortleib bag.

Tent, awning, groundsheet, sleeping bags and self inflating mats go in Ortleib bags with a Decathlon chair on top of each. Clothing and general camping stuff in panniers, waterproofs, tool kit and valuables in top boxes and easy to get at stuff like cameras and sun glasses in tank bag.

The tent is a Robens which I initially loved as it was very quick to erect and a good roomy design. After two years all the plastic windows rotted like bio degradable bin bags and Robens don't care so it has been replaced with a Vango Vortex (I obviously won't buy another Robens and I have always found Vango reliable and good value)

Now wife has GS with big ali boxes I am looking forward to even more comfort this year.
Attached Images

GSAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 AM   #1849
GSAndy
Andy

Oddometer: 2
And another shot in Sighesoara in Romania. Most of the "washing" hanging around the tent is a vain attempt at keeping cool.
Attached Images

GSAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:04 AM   #1850
ElZeeko
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Here´s mine
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #1851
Gurkis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAndy View Post
And another shot in Sighesoara in Romania. Most of the "washing" hanging around the tent is a vain attempt at keeping cool.

Love the setup! :)

Looks like you pack alot of stuff onto that bike, but still doesn't look overloaded.
Gurkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #1852
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 619
Tent camping on the route of the USA 4 Corners Ride. Here on the Trans-Canada between SSM and Montreal, 5-31-10. Could be prettier, but it worked.
Attached Images

When I finished high school, I wanted to take all my graduation money and buy myself a motorcycle. But my mom said no. See, she had a brother who died in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was 18. And I could just have his motorcycle.
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #1853
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Diego View Post
Tent camping on the route of the USA 4 Corners Ride. Here on the Trans-Canada between SSM and Montreal, 5-31-10. Could be prettier, but it worked.
And a typical camp set-up.
Attached Images

When I finished high school, I wanted to take all my graduation money and buy myself a motorcycle. But my mom said no. See, she had a brother who died in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was 18. And I could just have his motorcycle.
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #1854
snowjob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
XT600 Camping

Still a work in progress, but it seems ok so far.
Attached Images

snowjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #1855
teomannaskali
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Excellent thread!
teomannaskali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #1856
teomannaskali
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by g®eg View Post
loaded:

set up:

What brand are those panniers an will they suit a gs?
teomannaskali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #1857
Petrolburner
Noise Maker

Oddometer: 534
Camping for two

In this ^ pic, there are 7 beer bottles in the right side of the blue bag, (pack it in; pack it out)

Wolfman expedition tank bag keeps the Katadyn Hiker pro water filter, goggles for me, wallet, keys, snacks etc. The Wolfman Large Expedition duffle keeps everything else (Sierra Designs tent, cook kit, machete, first aid kit, Big Agnes Buffalo Park sleeping bag in a Granite Gear compression sack, etc) Rotopax carries 2 gal of fuel and makes a nice base for supporting the duffel. In the blue folding chair case is a Thermarest and spare gloves/layers for easy access. Also have an Orgeon Benchmark atlas in a plastic sleeve for easy access, and REI camp stools because they weigh nothing and it's nice to be able to have a place to sit at camp or even short snack breaks.
Can't say enough good things about the GSI Pinnacle Dualist cook kit, also the SOTO micro regulator stove. The stove, 220g canister, and Jet Boil base all fit inside the cook kit to save space and keep it protected. http://www.rei.com/product/785338/so...egulator-stove http://www.rei.com/product/783287/gs...st-cook-system
Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #1858
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
need a cheap rack in a hurry?

this is my mate jon who only has a supermoto when we all decided an impromtu spur of the moment weekend camping at a bikeshow was on the cards. how do you load up a supermoto? its my old bike and id made a carbon luggage plate on the back, after a lightbulb moment in the workshop, he was sat on the perfect rack..............
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #1859
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,395

Always the same, 2 nights or a month. Leaving on Saturday for a 5 weeker!!

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #1860
motorang
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Uh - thats a difficult one

The current setups are very much differing depending on bike an occasion.

This is a winter outfit, the packing list is 4 pages long:
SR500 hack, with open cover. On top one of my ski bobs:

The tent is big, a Scandinavian cotton model. I am teaming up with a friend to transport the kitchen equipment

On the other hand, this was Romania recently, on my XT500, touring with 2 friends. We had a tent with us, but the tarp did it for this overnighter:

Cheers,
Andy
motorang is offline   Reply With Quote