Wait wait wait... scratch that... heading to the Aerostich site as we speak
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #3437
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper246 View Post

I couldn't resist.
Out of curiosity, what are the three numbers on the back of the card next to the signature section? Daddy needs a new set of tires...

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #3438
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Oddometer: 470
Yeah. Not my card. Nobody will give me credit!
13 Tiger 800
02 Guzzi V11 Tenni *T105*
Stromtrooper246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #3439
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,204
Well ... the first thing I checked was the expiration date....................
2008 ... not looking promising....
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #3440
BryceB
It's OK we know the Mayor

Oddometer: 297
Here's my set up. I do use a different tent and sleeping bag for cold weather, but ths is what I'd normally pack on my motrcycle. I fit everything into a Pelican 1520 case (it actually gets spread out between my cases). I put a 12 " ruler in the gear pictures to show size.

Tent: Big Agnes Fairview 2 with poles, stakes and footprint

Sleeping Bag: LaFuma Extreme 600 45deg bag
Sleeping Pad: Big Agnes Insulated Air Core

Pillow: REI Down Backpacker Pillow
Lantern: Ozark Trail (Walmart) LED
Towel: REI XL microfiber

Stove: Coleman Apex II Multi-Fuel. I pack the stove in a small pot (not pctured) and have plastic silverware and a scrubber and soap to clean it.

Packed up on the TAT in Mississippi last summer

Camping at Hunt's Lodge in Tellico Plains, Tennessee
"It sure beats working all week, boozing it up in some smoky bar or sitting around watching the world go to Hell in living color and still ending up, just before payday, flat broke as usual. That's only existing, not really living."-Don Marshall, Cycles South, 1971
'08 KLR650 - Blue 21 & '06 Ninja 650R - Galaxy Silver
BryceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #3441
jjustj
cum petris et choris

Oddometer: 5,464

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #3442
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 672

Bedroll/tent at rear. In Australian, 'a swag'. Roll a sleeping bag and down filled inflatable pad inside. Has fibreglass hoops top and bottom to lift the canvas off of you. Waterproof and warm. Separate insect mesh screen for hot weather. One stop solution.
$10 fishing bag in front of that; spare tubes, butane stove, clean jeans, Ts, sox and jox.
Tank bag; magnetic; electronics, first aid, smoking essentials, maps, lens cleaners, wet wipes (for top and bottom)
Ogio Filght vest: tools, bike lift, photographic, hydrapack, Gerber multi tool, mini compressor, tyre levers, wallet, phone, toiletries, more smokes etc.
My Pommy mate prefers the garbage bag and bungee cord approach, as you can see!

Backonthebike screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 09:19 PM
Backonthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #3443
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Recent trip. Motorcycle packed:

Muddy patch:

Campsite:
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #3444
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Here's my set up on the Husky for a 4 day outing (long than that and I'd take 2 less base layers and wash / rotate every day):

GL Coyote with:
Off bike clothes (convertible pants, sweatshirt, T-shirt); 3 days of base layers (liner shorts and sports t-shirts); Keen sandals; Rain gear, misc. stuff: Thermarest backpack pillow, Big Agnes Air core pad and Big Agnes 15 deg. bag in comp. stuff sack

Seattle Sports med. dry duffle bag with:
Tent (Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2) and Kermit chair

GL Fandago tank bag with:
Camera, Phone, chargers, headlamp, other small misc. + maps.

Tools and spares are in my camelback pack and in the tool-tube attached to the right rear of the bike.

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Dr Klaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #3445
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonopah View Post
Recent trip.
Campsite:
How do you like the Nemo Morpho tent? Been thinking about picking up the 1p.

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #3446
TEWSTER2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333

Here is my set up for a few days on the road. The right pannier holds my cooking gear, food, Thermacell (really keeps the mosquitos away), water, rain gear (in the lid), and hatchet. The left pannier holds all my bike tools, first aid kit, spare parts. cold weather stuff (Gerbings jacket liner and pants liner), 35 degree down sleeping bag, and cleaning rags. The yellow dry bag on the right pannier holds my MSR Mutha Hubba tent. My bike cover and Kermit chair are on the left pannier. Two MSR fuel bottles on the rear of the left pannier and a bit of extra fuel on the back of the right pannier. My ground cloth and tarp are under my Thermarest roll on the seat behind me. The top pannier holds my clothes, cap, gloves, small Apple laptop, and anything I need to get to regularly. The tank bag holds my camera, phone, chargers etc.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #3447
TEWSTER2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDub View Post
Not enough beer!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #3448
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Ranier-Runner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvHBVYoimE

I like the Morpho 1P tent because with no poles it is easy to pack. The tent is roomy inside and easy to set up and take down. The air beams are solid. Being a single wall tent, condensation can be an issue. In the little trip I did recently I camped in overnight temps that went down to 25 degress Farenheit and I did have condensation inside the tent but it did not prevent a warm sleep (20 degree Marmot bag on an Exped downmat). The Morpho 1P is not a freestanding tent so you do have to stake it out (2 on each end and 1 on each side). Stake the ends first, pump up the air beams, then stake out the sides. Easy.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #3449
StriderTB
Strudel

Oddometer: 137

Here's my SV loaded up for a long weekend of camping. The red bag acting like a back rest is a freebie camping chair I got for being a blood donor. Behind that is my Kelty Grand Mesa 2, a small sleeping bag and pillow. Behind that is my sleeping pad. I have to say, the Ogio soft luggage did a pretty good job. I'm looking to cobble together a rack and some Pelican 1430's as panniers in the near future.

Here's the tent. It rained when I pitched it, rained all night, and rained when I packed it up. Didn't leak a drop, thankfully. Just absolutely covered in slugs when I woke up the next morning.

StriderTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #3450
WIBO
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad5326 View Post

Top: Watershed dry Bag (if needed)
Outdoor Research Stuff Sack w/Eureka 2xt Tent, Thermarest and folding camp chair.
Outdoor Research Stuff Sack w/Sleeping bag, Rain gear, Patagonia micropuff pants/jacket, hat, gloves,headlamp.

Rt Side: Rotopax 1gal H20, w/Wolfman Expedition Dry Bag w/8-10 Mountain house, Ramen, LG Jetboil, spork, matches, fire paste, headlamp.
L Side: Rotopax 1gal fuel, w/Wolfman Expedition Dry Bag w/4x zip off pants/expedition shirts, flops, shower kit. (rain gear, headlamp on top)

Ogio Vest w:
Front: SPOT Tracker, Camera, GMRS/FRS Radio, Torx/Ratchets, Driver/Vice Grips, Spark Plug, Fuses, Spare GPS, Iphone w/spare juice, Batteries, powerbars, headlamp.
Back: 1LG Camelback, F/R tubes, inflation kit, tire levers, JB weld, clamps, xtra levers, Fork Seals, Head Bearings, Brake Pads, Throttle Cable, Zip Ties and break fluid. Med Kit
Still has room for 2xMSR of fluid/fuel if needed. Spreadloads tools into a comfortable vest/workable platform w/o breaking into the bike bags.

I can go up to two weeks easily on trail, just need to replenish food or bring more. Water/Gas are easy to come by when empty. Obviously, if I don't need it, well, I don't bring it or replenish at stores. This is a camping setup w/a planned destination. Not a weekend riding setup. Go light whenever possible!

Nice lightweight set-up.....

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.
WIBO is online now   Reply With Quote