Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #16
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWing
...I wonder when aerostitch will show a price increase.
May be sooner than you think. They're on backorder at Aerostich.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
BrokenWing
Live, Love, Ride!

Oddometer: 79
Supply and Demand.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux
May be sooner than you think. They're on backorder at Aerostich.

Interesting........price increase will be right arount the corner with the next batch!

I just ordered one from the "factory" and it will be shipped tomorrow........go figure

Figured I better get one before the price goes up again

'07 1200 GS
'91 DR 350

Get 5 bucks off your new smugmug account with this coupon code gI6UzAvuflEvY
https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg
BrokenWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:28 AM   #18
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWing
Interesting........price increase will be right arount the corner with the next batch!

I just ordered one from the "factory" and it will be shipped tomorrow........go figure

Figured I better get one before the price goes up again
So, apparently, the price increase matches with a move to add two additional support trusses to the original package.

The idea is that since your body isn't uniformly distributed, neither should the cot's support. Where you want/need more support, you add trusses. There're a few combinations that make sense. But typically, this means adding support between your shoulder and butt, or between your lowerback and thigh.
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #19
klm4755 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft
So, apparently, the price increase matches with a move to add two additional support trusses to the original package.

The idea is that since your body isn't uniformly distributed, neither should the cot's support. Where you want/need more support, you add trusses. There're a few combinations that make sense. But typically, this means adding support between your shoulder and butt, or between your lowerback and thigh.
With a air mattrice, you could hardly tell the difference.
Keithm
klm4755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #20
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Ebay has the 300 lbs. version for $210 including shipping.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #21
klm4755 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN!
Ebay has the 300 lbs. version for $210 including shipping.
That seem like a good price. Others have found the availablity spotty.
Keithm
Old 04-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #22
12bnkd
UP for any Adventure

Oddometer: 255
Just got my Cot :)

WOW! http://www.luxurylite.com/

Utterly amazing, I ordered it on Saturday afternoon got an e-mail Sunday saying it would be shipped on Wednesday. Saturday night, I was convinced to go on a camping trip next Saturday to plan out a ride with a buddy for our group. After receiving the e-mail saying he would be shipped on Wednesday, I e-mailed them back asking if it would be all possible to receive it before then for I made a last-minute camping trip plan.

I got it today, took it back to the office and my entire working staff watched and help me put it together the first time they were all impressed, and every one of them said it's well worth the 200 plus dollars.

Additionally, I weigh 160 pounds, I do not feel I need the additional 2 crossbars but I do want all 6 main supports put in place for a gives additional support at the head and feet that I prefer. I do not bottom out with only four polls in place just did not care for how the head and foot support performed. I like all six polls in place but again don't need the additional weight support of the 2 additional crossbars.

Thank you Bruce for the amazing turnaround shipping time, you get several thumbs up in my book.
V-Rod
Sportster (First Bike)

http://ride.smugmug.com/MotorcycleRi...18710698_g3dzr

WWW.BattalionMC.com

12bnkd screwed with this post 04-15-2008 at 02:32 PM
12bnkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #23
klm4755 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bnkd
WOW! http://www.luxurylite.com/

Utterly amazing, I ordered it on Saturday afternoon got an e-mail Sunday saying it would be shipped on Wednesday. Saturday night, I was convinced to go on a camping trip next Saturday to plan out a ride with a buddy for our group. After receiving the e-mail saying he would be shipped on Wednesday, I e-mailed them back asking if it would be all possible to receive it before then for I made a last-minute camping trip plan.

I got it today, took it back to the office and my entire working staff watched and help me put it together the first time they were all impressed, and every one of them said it's well worth the 200 plus dollars.

Additionally, I weigh 160 pounds, I do not feel I need the additional 2 crossbars but I do want all 6 main supports put in place for a gives additional support at the head and feet that I prefer. I do not bottom out with only four polls in place just did not care for how the head and foot support performed. I like all six polls in place but again don't need the additional weight support of the 2 additional crossbars.

Thank you Bruce for the amazing turnaround shipping time, you get several thumbs up in my book.
These cots are a must for side sleepers. Well worth the monies. They do need more insulation than when slleping on the ground though.
Keithm
Old 05-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #24
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,351
Getting ready for the summer riding season and looking for something a side sleeping, bad back, 58 year old can sleep comfortably on. Good reviews and recommendations. The Luxury Lite looks like the ticket.
--Doug
Old 06-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #25
klm4755 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeister
Getting ready for the summer riding season and looking for something a side sleeping, bad back, 58 year old can sleep comfortably on. Good reviews and recommendations. The Luxury Lite looks like the ticket.
--Doug
Just make sure you account for some type of insulation if you'll be using the cot in cold climates.
Keithm
Old 06-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #26
12bnkd
UP for any Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm4755
Just make sure you account for some type of insulation if you'll be using the cot in cold climates.
Keithm
That is true, I have a 20 sleeping bag and it was comfortable sleeping on an insulated map in 30 weather. But now that I am physically off the ground is much colder. I am sleeping on the insulated matt on top of the cot and it seems much colder in the same 30 weather. I am no needing to get a 0 sleeping bag I believe.
V-Rod
Sportster (First Bike)

WWW.BattalionMC.com
Old 06-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #27
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

I use the Big Agnes system with the sleeve on the bottom of the bag for your air mattress or, perhaps even better with the cot, would be to get the "space foam" pad for the sleeping bag sleeve. That would provide insulation and even more comfort on top of the cot. Whaddya think?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:40 AM   #28
12bnkd
UP for any Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeister
I use the Big Agnes system with the sleeve on the bottom of the bag for your air mattress or, perhaps even better with the cot, would be to get the "space foam" pad for the sleeping bag sleeve. That would provide insulation and even more comfort on top of the cot. Whaddya think?
I will check it out :)
V-Rod
Sportster (First Bike)

WWW.BattalionMC.com
Old 06-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #29
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Just bought one !!

Just clicked the "Buy Now" button on the Luxury Lite cot from the LL site, so I could get it in time for the BMW MOA in Gillette, Wyo, July 17-20. Since I will be sleeping in the tent for several nights in a row, I will give the LL cot a decent test. As a side sleepin' ol' fart, I'm hopin' it is all it is cracked up to be.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #30
gabepari
Throttle Flogger

Oddometer: 85
Cot

I've had one of these cots for a few years now (3 or 4 can't remember that far back). I think mine is second generation, different feet that the current models. I'm a side sleeper, and in my older age (I'm 36) I can't stand to sleep on the ground, it hurts a whole lot more than when I was a young'en. These things work awesome, and Bruce is one of the nicest vendors you'll deal with.

Gabe
gabepari is offline   Reply With Quote