Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2008, 06:46 AM   #46
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux
Used mine for about four nights over the holiday weekend. Slept like a rock. With a partially inflated Therm-a-Rest, I sleep on it as well as I sleep in my bed at home.

When you compare using one of these to get a good night's sleep versus having to get a room for the night (or a couple of rooms over a longer trip), these things pay for themselves quickly.
I just got mine and have not tested it with an overnighter or two but am heading to the BMW Rally in Gillette next week. Rooms are unavailable and run $150 for even a Motel 6. It'll be paid for just for this trip alone! I did put the Luxury Lite together, assembled the Big Agnes system, with Air Core mattress in the sleeve of my BA Bag, crawled in and it felt like heaven !! FWIW I do have a Hennesy Hammock, too, as I have wanted to find something to give this ol' side sleeper a good nights rest. The Hammock is a cool design, but the LLCot seems to give both comfort and enough "give" at hips and shoulders to provide a good nights sleep. I'll update y'all on my experience when I return from the MOA Rally.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 AM   #47
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Quote:
Used mine for about four nights over the holiday weekend. Slept like a rock. With a partially inflated Therm-a-Rest, I sleep on it as well as I sleep in my bed at home.

When you compare using one of these to get a good night's sleep versus having to get a room for the night (or a couple of rooms over a longer trip), these things pay for themselves quickly.
+1

Same exact setup, cot on firm and Therm fully inflated, I was amazed at how comfortable this combo is. As stated above, one weekend of good sleep in the bush is worth 200 bones any day.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #48
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,351
Thumb Yowza !!

Got back from the BMW MOA Rally yesterday. 4 nights on the Luxury Lite combined with a Big Agnes bag, and the Big Agnes air core air mattress on the LL. Might have been overkill but COMFY !! I am a side sleeper and it was just a great combo. I used the air mattress just because I took it along but I deflated it quite a bit. It packs smaller than a Thermarest and I had enough invested that I did not want to buy anything else, like the memory foam mattress also from Big Agnes. Any way, I'm a happy camper. Rooms in Gillette were going for $180 a night if you could find one, so I paid for the $200 outlay on the LL. Well worth it. I was a little uneasy about breaking something with all the contorted bending and crawling ya gotta do getting in and out of a tent. But it held up just fine. Packs quite small. Really, just very happy with this setup.
--Doug
Old 03-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #49
folofjc
I Rule

Oddometer: 4
This place has them for $199:
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/p...nd_Accessories

I cannot tell if it is the UL (aluminum poles) or the UL+ (carbon fiber). It says UL, but the weight listed looks like the UL+.
folofjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #50
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,856
Quote:

Bumping an old thread here.. I'm going to upgrade from an older thermarest and am wondering what you think of the cot without a thermarest on it?

Seems like many are using it with a pad on top, is it usable without a pad? I'm trying to decide between this and an exped pad or thermarest neo-air. I've got to get something that's a little more comfortable for me.

Thanks...

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #51
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni
Bumping an old thread here.. I'm going to upgrade from an older thermarest and am wondering what you think of the cot without a thermarest on it?

Seems like many are using it with a pad on top, is it usable without a pad? I'm trying to decide between this and an exped pad or thermarest neo-air. I've got to get something that's a little more comfortable for me.

Thanks...
Oh, It's definitely usable without a pad. I just like to use the combo because it's a little more squishy and if one fails, I have the other to sleep on.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #52
folofjc
I Rule

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Oh, It's definitely usable without a pad. I just like to use the combo because it's a little more squishy and if one fails, I have the other to sleep on.
I agree. You can use it without the pad, but the pad makes it that much more comfortable. Also, if you are camping somewhere cold, you might want the extra insulation. I used it and a thermarest down to about 20 degrees F and was no colder than if I had put the pad on the ground.
folofjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #53
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Quote:
is it usable without a pad?

But, I ditched my Thermarest and opted for the much more comfy Exped DownMat 9 DLX.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #54
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN!

But, I ditched my Thermarest and opted for the much more comfy Exped DownMat 9 DLX.

You're just the guy I need to ask. You have both of the one's I'm considering, but I can only get one. I'm leaning toward the cot. If you could only have one, the Exped or the Luxurylite, which works better on its own?

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #55
fire carl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
i have a thermarest i use on top so that when im sleeping on my side and have my arm out, the side rail wont dig into the upper part of my arm
fire carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #56
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,682
I've always been concerned about the feet making holes in the bottom of the tent even with a
footprint, the weight is concentrated to some very small areas.

Anyone have any issues like that?
Old 07-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #57
blaster11
Fundy Rally next!

Oddometer: 6,331
Dan,

I had the same concerns as you about wearing holes in the floor, someone else recommended the "fuzzy" side of Velcro stuck to the legs. I just put some on mine the other day but have not had a chance to try it yet.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #58
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander
I've always been concerned about the feet making holes in the bottom of the tent even with a

I just got one, but not used it yet, just in practice. My instructions say to put your tent over it. Thats the way I practice set it up in my back yard. Don't know why it wont work that way, and no damage to tent floor.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #59
quota
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander

I always just slide the cot under the tent. Works out great and no chance of the feet wearing through the tent floor!

Mike
LuxuryLite dealer
quota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #60
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Quote:
You're just the guy I need to ask. You have both of the one's I'm considering, but I can only get one. I'm leaning toward the cot. If you could only have one, the Exped or the Luxurylite, which works better on its own?
Wow, tough question BB, as they work so well together.

Hmmm, given only one choice, I'd have to say the cot. It smooths out rough/uneven surfaces and places me, as well as my down bag, off the ground should a torrential downpour occur.

I'd then start saving for the Exped.

YMMV