Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #61
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by quota
I always just slide the cot under the tent. Works out great and no chance of the feet wearing through the tent floor!

Mike
LuxuryLite dealer
Are you still able to stake the tent down in case some wind comes along?

The fly fit OK?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #62
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander
Are you still able to stake the tent down in case some wind comes along?

The fly fit OK?

Mine fits fine. And stakes also. I use a Kelty Gunnison 2. Gonna be on it for a week starting next friday.

Life is good!!
Old 11-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #63
klm4755 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by folofjc
This place has them for $199:
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/p...nd_Accessories

I cannot tell if it is the UL (aluminum poles) or the UL+ (carbon fiber). It says UL, but the weight listed looks like the UL+.
Price of the cots has increased to $209
Keithm
klm4755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #64
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

I just got mine this week and I'm test running it in the TV room. Haven't done a full night yet.

I'm 240 lbs and I bought the High rise kit with it. I've added half the extra supports so far just to keep my hip from touching the floor.

My Exped mattress is 26" wide and I find that a very good fit for the 24" wide cot. Setup like this I don't notice the long bars on each side. With a 20" wide pad I could feel them if I lay on my back as my arems draped over the sides.

I did come home from work on Friday and lay on it and woke up three hours later .. I never do that on any other type of camping outfit ...or even my real bed.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #65
RonkoRider
Wrong Island, NY

Oddometer: 1,455
I bought mine used here in the Flea Market 2-3 years ago. Together with my Big Agnes pad, it's just like sleeping at home.

I've used it with two different tents and saw no issues the floor of the tent. I also throw my non stinky clothes under the cot to add a little more insulation between my fat ass and the floor. Comes in handy during the cooler nights in the Spring/Fall. I double up the supports below my ass for added support. My fabric is starting to get a bit worn so I may have to buy a replacement in the Spring.

Great night sleep - everytime.
RonkoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #66
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI LT Owner
I bought mine used here in the Flea Market 2-3 years ago. Together with my Big Agnes pad, it's just like sleeping at home.

I've used it with two different tents and saw no issues the floor of the tent. I also throw my non stinky clothes under the cot to add a little more insulation between my fat ass and the floor. Comes in handy during the cooler nights in the Spring/Fall. I double up the supports below my ass for added support. My fabric is starting to get a bit worn so I may have to buy a replacement in the Spring.

Great night sleep - everytime.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #67
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

I'm thinking about selling mine, seems I'm too much of a side sleeper and I'd like it a few inches wider.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #68
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI LT Owner
My fabric is starting to get a bit worn so I may have to buy a replacement in the Spring.
Mine is starting to fray around the pole sleeve openings where the nylon feet affix too. Not rendering the cot unserviceable, by any means, but I wounder of that would be covered under the lifetime warranty.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #69
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN!
Mine is starting to fray around the pole sleeve openings where the nylon feet affix too. Not rendering the cot unserviceable, by any means, but I wounder of that would be covered under the lifetime warranty.
When one of my CF poles had an issue, Bruce's exact words were, "Lifetime warranty means 'lifetime warranty'."

I'll bet it would be.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #70
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

I just spent an hour on mine with my NeoAir pad and it was way better than with the Exped Air pad. Seems the cross wise baffles on the Neo Air make it nicer to lay on.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #71
GPS_Jon
The Global Pucker

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander
I just spent an hour on mine with my NeoAir pad and it was way better than with the Exped Air pad. Seems the cross wise baffles on the Neo Air make it nicer to lay on.
I ordered a NeoAir Large on Black Friday (paid $100) to replace my 7 year old Thermorest mat (which has broken down internally). I am happy to hear the NeoAir will be an even better combo with my Luxurylite cot.

I have the generation of cot with the gray colored feet and had issues with them bending at the hook on top. Bruce sent me two sets of black colored feet to put under the heaviest load area and no problems since. He's a stand up guy.

-
Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #72
mike wright
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Interesting you guys like it as I hated mine even with the extra supports the nylon loops buckled and the bed left me laying on the floor. I returned mine and eventually I had a refund minus 2 lots of postage costs so I lost out. Unimpressed and woudlnt buy one again after the issues I had. Lasted all of two nights camping and Im onlt a medium build.

"Bruce's exact words were, "Lifetime warranty means 'lifetime warranty'." Took me quite a lot of emails to get my mone back! The guy was ok but said to try putting it under my tent, I sleep and move around etc etc until eventually I said Im fed up with messing about and want a refund.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #73
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,224
I imagine that nothing is going to work for everyone.

That's a fact that's reiterated over and over again on ADV. One's man's perfect "Insert Item" is another man's piece of junk.
Where the fuck is the road?

Boon Booni screwed with this post 12-19-2010 at 08:15 AM
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #74
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wright View Post
Interesting you guys like it as I hated mine even with the extra supports the nylon loops buckled and the bed left me laying on the floor. I returned mine and eventually I had a refund minus 2 lots of postage costs so I lost out. Unimpressed and woudlnt buy one again after the issues I had. Lasted all of two nights camping and Im onlt a medium build.

"Bruce's exact words were, "Lifetime warranty means 'lifetime warranty'." Took me quite a lot of emails to get my mone back! The guy was ok but said to try putting it under my tent, I sleep and move around etc etc until eventually I said Im fed up with messing about and want a refund.
How much do you weigh?

Old 12-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #75
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wright View Post
Interesting you guys like it as I hated mine even with the extra supports the nylon loops buckled and the bed left me laying on the floor..

I just picked one of these up, and now after setting it up and seeing it in the flesh, I'm wondering about your post. What do you mean "the nylon loops buckled"? So far with a few hours on it, but not yet being used in the wild, mine seems pretty solid.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote