Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #421
Motojournalism
motojournalism.com

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro
Thanks for asking! I've enabled "bothship" again- for orders over $50, you can get $5.90 (which is free shipping on both DVD's in the US) off. The code will work through October 20...

We have some new products in the works, stand by for an announcement about that!

I learned a helluva lot from the first DVD. Any news about the new products?

Way Out West - Canada to the Darien Gap
Follow me on Twitter

Motojournalism screwed with this post 05-12-2010 at 02:37 PM
Motojournalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #422
hilld
riding isn't an addiction

Oddometer: 268
Just ordered mine (techniques and advanced techniques), the "advrider" code still works.

Thanks,

looking forward to some learnin'.

Derek
Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #423
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
nice dvds.
i only wish there was a convenient place to go offroad in MD where I can practice. i can still do figure 8's in parking lots, though.

btw, you look like ron howard's brother, clint howard:

inmate-n00b screwed with this post 12-29-2010 at 06:55 PM
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:11 PM   #424
Region Riley
rally kit widow

Oddometer: 3,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
nice dvds.
i only wish there was a convenient place to go offroad in MD where I can practice. i can still do figure 8's in parking lots, though.

btw, you look like ron howard's brother, clint howard:

Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #425
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Riley View Post
That picture makes me look like I'm a cop.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #426
neduro OP
Addict

It's Dakar season, the best time of the year!

Enter the coupon code "advdakar" for 10% off from now until the end of the race.

Go Jonah!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #427
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
I went for my first trail ride on my new f800gs and I was able to get some good practice and use the techniques from the dvds. Those figure 8's I did in the parking lot really helped.

But Im having problems remaining stable while in a standing position and accelerating. I keep getting thrown back. Im supposed to keep my hips in front of the pegs, correct? When my hips are in front of the pegs, are my feet supposed to be flat across the pegs or pivoted so the toes point down? I tried gripping the tank with my legs, but this does not prevent me from moving backwards. Holding onto the handlebars detracts from using the controls.

thx
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #428
pyrate
Walking the plank

Oddometer: 1,162
Anyone enlist you for dual sport riding training for the Overland Expo in Arizona in April?

pyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #429
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
But Im having problems remaining stable while in a standing position and accelerating. I keep getting thrown back.
The key is that your hips move relative to the pegs as you accelerate or decelerate, climb or descend.

So, if you are accelerating softly, your hips will be slightly in front of the pegs so that you remain in balance. If you are decelerating softly, your hips would be slightly behind. If you accelerate hard, your hips will be far in front of the pegs, a position that can be difficult to achieve on the F800. If you use a tankbag, this can also be in the way of achieving a neutral position.

Marc Coma does this very beautifully, if you watch footage of him from the Dakar Rally (happening right now) you'll see how he moves front and back, conserving energy, not having to hold the bars too tight, always able to deal with the terrain as it comes.

A drill you can try in a parking lot is to stand up while accelerating for 20', then braking for 20', then accelerating again. Start very softly at first, and try to find the balance point so that your weight is always going down into your feet with minimal pull or push thru your hands on the bars. As you get better, you can accelerate harder and lean further forward, and brake harder/ lean further back.

I hope that helps and makes sense...

Old 01-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #430
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrate View Post
Anyone enlist you for dual sport riding training for the Overland Expo in Arizona in April?
I wish I could! It's a bad time of year for me, I have a standing commitment elsewhere.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #431
pyrate
Walking the plank

Oddometer: 1,162
But we have so many questions!! HA!! Well, maybe someday either your scheduled or there's will change.

Thanks for the discount. Order is placed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
I wish I could! It's a bad time of year for me, I have a standing commitment elsewhere.

pyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #432
tmotten
Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer: 2,455
Quote:
The key is that your hips move relative to the pegs as you accelerate or decelerate, climb or descend.

So, if you are accelerating softly, your hips will be slightly in front of the pegs so that you remain in balance. If you are decelerating softly, your hips would be slightly behind. If you accelerate hard, your hips will be far in front of the pegs, a position that can be difficult to achieve on the F800. If you use a tankbag, this can also be in the way of achieving a neutral position.

Marc Coma does this very beautifully, if you watch footage of him from the Dakar Rally (happening right now) you'll see how he moves front and back, conserving energy, not having to hold the bars too tight, always able to deal with the terrain as it comes.

A drill you can try in a parking lot is to stand up while accelerating for 20', then braking for 20', then accelerating again. Start very softly at first, and try to find the balance point so that your weight is always going down into your feet with minimal pull or push thru your hands on the bars. As you get better, you can accelerate harder and lean further forward, and brake harder/ lean further back.

I hope that helps and makes sense...

I'll give that a go. Also suffer the same difficulty. I ride a DRZ400 in the trails and once rode a mate's TE310 ball tearer (think it was the 310, ball tearer for sure). Just couldn't move my hips forward fast enough. As soon as I turned the throttle up the thing just blasts away instantly and resulted in my holding on with all the power my hand could cope with. Can get away with it on the DRZ, but still takes a lot of concentration.
tmotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #433
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,166
Yep I placed my order today and did the 10% code. I saw the first video in a mystical way, and it was well made but did not really have new information for me...but it was so well done I figured I buy the Advanced Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVD.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #434
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,166
Quote:
Any plan for a Clinic here in Colorado Springs?
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #435
B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer

Oddometer: 2,717
Question for you Ned. I just turned forty and I've been riding since the age of six. Currently I have 6 bikes (street, dirt and dual sport) and I won a WERA championship in my first and only year of racing (2006). Can I skip to the second video or should I get them both?

Thanks,

Porsche Audi VW

B.Curvin screwed with this post 05-03-2011 at 05:29 AM
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote