Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2007, 07:14 AM   #61
Disquisitive Dave
Not so wise fool

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro
Hi Dave! No plans to acquire dsr.com at the rates asked for a three letter domain- hadn't considered that issue. Since 3000 stickers with that logo have arrived, I guess I'm stuck...
Well I'm sure that your impending global success (better get a PAL version out quick ) will eliminate the domain fee problem.
Disquisitive Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #62
Hakatan
quality > quantity

Oddometer: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disquisitive Dave
Well I'm sure that your impending global success (better get a PAL version out quick ) will eliminate the domain fee problem.
And to think we lucky few will be able to say "we knew Ned before he was a global brand...."

So Ned....you've received the stickers and t-shirts....any update on when the DVDs will ship?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #63
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,779
Did some research on the PAL issue.

It turns out that my wise and gifted with foresight partner set the country code to "0", which (should) allow it to be played in any type of DVD player.

So, you Euro's should be good to go... if not, I'll give a refund.

The paypal issue is still pending. Not for lack of trying, but some folks are still getting the evasive "country" issue, and we haven't found a smoking gun yet. We're working on it!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #64
Cie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro
So, you Euro's should be good to go... if not, I'll give a refund.
Good man, one order coming right up!

As for dsr.com, it expires in January!
Cie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #65
rallybug
Local Yokel

Oddometer: 8,099
Shirt and DVD ordered - order number 14103

Looks like you're gonna be busy

My Ride Reports
rallybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #66
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybug
Looks like you're gonna be busy

Some updates:

1) I've spent a bunch of time trying to track down the paypal "country unspecified" issue, with no success. Neither paypal nor I can recreate it. I really apologize for the trouble it has caused.

To get to the bottom of it, I need to be able to recreate the problem. If someone who has the problem is willing to help me with this, I'd love to give you a T-shirt for your effort. Shoot me an email at ned AT motopeak DOT com.

2) I'll add a 2XL shirt size to the website this afternoon. I'm working my way back through orders emailing everyone who asked for a XL if they'd prefer a 2XL if available, since it wasn't an option at the time. Going forward, it should be easy to order from the site (once updates happen in a few hours).

3) The first pre-release versions of the DVD have arrived (only a few, so they won't be used to fill orders)! Yahoo!

We're donating a few of them to Westfest as door prizes, so any of YFF's in attendance may have the chance to be the first on your block (by about 2 days ). In addition, we're going to send a few out to folks who helped with clinics and so on... the real deal will be along soon, and all orders placed will go out immediately upon having inventory.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #67
britbiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
I have a paypal order that is 'pending' due to the country issue. Was able to get through with a regular card, though. Hopefully, you'll catch the extra order...

Looks great, thanks!
britbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #68
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,316
Ned:

PAL and regional coding are two different things. Region code 0 means it can be played in any region and the Neduro movie studio doesn't care to control which of it's movies are played in what part of the globe.

PAL is the encoding format. In North America our TVs and DVDs are NTSC, so your DVD will be NTSC.

Your dvd will NOT play in PAL DVD players, unless the dvd player is a multi format DVD player, as most Europeans tend to have multi system dvd players. Your NTSC format DVD player will also play in any computer's DVD-ROM drive, so our European friends who are unable to watch it on their DVD player can watch it on their computer.

If Europe is anything like here, if you buy one of those super cheap Chinese made dvd players that cost around $30, those DVD players play both PAL and NTSC discs (on the fly, just insert any format dvd, and it plays it), as well as everything else: MP3 discs, jpeg photo discs, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, etc...

Bottom line for our European friends: If Ned's DVD doesn't play in your DVD player, it will play on any PC with a DVD-ROM drive.
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #69
montanajoe
Love to ride

Oddometer: 93
Sent you an e-mail, Ned. Hope I can help.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:50 AM   #70
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
Mine's ordered. Can't wait to see a DVD specificaly addressing dualsport. Good on ya, Ned.

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #71
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Bottom line for our European friends: If Ned's DVD doesn't play in your DVD player, it will play on any PC with a DVD-ROM drive.
Shows what I know! Thanks, GB, for the clarification. The offer to refund for any Euro who has trouble playing it stands.

Also, an update re: paypal. We've found a patch/ update that may, potentially, fix the problem. Many thanks to the folks who have emailed offering to help.

As soon as we're sure we have it fixed, I'll post back here. In the meantime, credit cards are (and have been) working.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #72
montanajoe
Love to ride

Oddometer: 93
Just used the Paypal, and the order went right thru!! Thanks Neduro!!
Old 07-21-2007, 06:51 AM   #73
CMM83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
I ordered a couple days ago and am excited about the DVD! One thing though, when I ordered I thought it said it would email me an invoice, but as of now I have not received anything in the inbox.
Was this a mistake or will an email be coming once you have DVD's to send out and start processing orders?

Thanks
CMM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #74
rallybug
Local Yokel

Oddometer: 8,099
I got two confirmations from MotoPeak - a welcome email after signing up and my invoice copy.

Might want to check your junk mail folder, to see if it got diverted by either your ISP or your email software

My Ride Reports
rallybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #75
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybug
Might want to check your junk mail folder, to see if it got diverted by either your ISP or your email software
What he said. The invoices are automated, and that might lead them into a spam trap from time to time.

Paypal issues appear to be resolved! Many thanks to the folks that helped me work through that, and many more thanks to those who were patient as we got it fixed.