ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
tibbon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Getting dirty near Boston

Just picked up an R1200GS. I live in Somerville/Boston. I'd like to find some areas *nearby* (not update NY) to do a little bit of light trail riding, gravel, sand, etc... as I'm learning how to manage this beast. Honestly, even short 2 mile trail segments would be fine for me. I just need somewhere to practice for 30 minutes at a time or so.

But I can't find anywhere nearby that isn't paved. Its a concrete jungle out there. The nearest I've found is Plum Island, which has a few miles of packed gravel with ruts.

Ideas? Again, as close as possible to the city is the best, so I don't have to spent 2 hours getting there, ride for 20 minutes and then 2 hours back.
tibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
RidingUpAndDown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
tibbon,

Congrats on the new bike, and ur interest in some off road adventure! I'm out in Central MA and there are dirt/gravel roads that are nearby, from the Mount Wachusett and Rutland State Park area then stretch out to and around the Quabin Reservoir that I think would suit your interests very well. I'd b glad to share some routes. maps, GPS files w/ u if ur interested. Also would b glad to ride and show u any # of these routes. I ride a Yamaha Super Tenere that loves these kind of roads.

Cheers, dean

Chargoggagogg-manchauggagogg-chaubunagungamaugg

RidingUpAndDown screwed with this post 04-05-2014 at 07:36 PM
RidingUpAndDown is offline   Reply With Quote