ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #226
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,836
yeah, I am friends with his ride guide page.

So, you guys can just do friend request to his page, and once he accepts it, you'll all see the links.

Its the least anyone could do, since Rob does a lot for the NJ and offroad motorcycle community, and a lot of work went into his putting this together.

not to mention, he always had cool links and photos up on there.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #227
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,961
just found this thread.
wow. i was born in and live in NJ for a bit.
you guy took what small amounts you had to work with and made something sweet.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #228
TacitBlue
good ideas gone bad

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post

So, you guys can just do friend request to his page, and once he accepts it, you'll all see the links.

Its the least anyone could do, since Rob does a lot for the NJ and offroad motorcycle community, and a lot of work went into his putting this together.

yep, friend request on the way..
TacitBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #229
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
maps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post

I friended him so hopefully he friends me back so I can get planning on a nice ride this summer... Awesome work guys..
alskee750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #230
rw4x4van
East Coast Rider

Oddometer: 531
Spoke with Rob and he said he has allot of notes to update and is going to create a 2012 version
with the new revisions, but needs a some time.....

Anybody riding the route that finds something of interest, a road closing, or
anything that will help keep this a safe and fun ride....post it here

'98 KTM 620 RXC
'07 KTM 300 XCW
rw4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #231
rgb2cmyk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
I went and did sections 100-108 with rthuey (Roy) last weekend. There were a few closings.

Cherry Ridge Rd in the Hero section. Not sure of the legalitize of being in that area it says "authorize vehicles only". We went through though. However Range Rd trail was closed per Park's department sign. So we road around it. (N41 09.637 W74 26.728)

Old Mine Rd at (N41 09.835 W74 53.580) was closed, gated.

Brown Rd (N41 14.433 W74 37.557) was temp closed. Looks like repairs is being done on a little bridge, not sure how long it will last. They weren't too far along so we just road through anyway.

Walpack Flatbrook Rd (N41 07.845 W74 54.607) was temp closed due to road collapse. Again we road around it as motorcycles can make it through, but it's still closed.

Not sure the name of the road, but near Buttermilk Falls/ Mountain Rd is gated part of the way down (N41 07.144 W74 55.304). This one might not be on the latest route because Roy's maps were different from mine (or so he says). But either way it was gated shut.

And lastly, Carry Warren Rd was open but the road is collapsed at N40 49.487 W74 56.632. Not sure how long it's been like that but it looks newer. Getting around it might not be impossible, but it's much less big bike friendly to do so.

I also did 110-111 a couple weeks ago, that area was fine.

I have our Tracks if you want it.

That's all I have to report.

And the last photo of a good time: get all the way down Paradise Rd unscathed, and the dump it on the round...

09 R1200 GSA (Totaled by SS Sandy)
06 Husky TE450, 04 R1100s BCR, 03 F650CS
rgb2cmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #232
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,239
You need another month or 2 before most of the roads you mentioned are ever opened. They are considered "seasonal".

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #233
06ltd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I must be one of the few people in the world not on facebook, but could somebody post or pm some of the files/routes for me? Thanks!
06ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #234
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,487
For all these routes, only the route owner does that. Each chooses the level of controls, method of distro and most will ask that you never forward the route, but refer folks who want it back to the route owner.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #235
KL_ARRR
Adventure Piggy

Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb2cmyk View Post
And lastly, Carry Warren Rd was open but the road is collapsed at N40 49.487 W74 56.632. Not sure how long it's been like that but it looks newer. Getting around it might not be impossible, but it's much less big bike friendly to do so.

I rode this a little over a week ago and my rear wheel dropped into the washout when I tried to ride past it, so I just rolled the bike backwards into it and rode out the end. Did you guys get past this obstacle as well? At the end of the road it looked like someone had tried to block off the road using fallen trees and branches. I just squeaked by on the right after moving one or two smaller branches.

Happy riding!

This is a great bunch of roads and trails from the few sections I have done so far
Thanks Rob!
KL_ARRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #236
rgb2cmyk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL_ARRR View Post
I rode this a little over a week ago and my rear wheel dropped into the washout when I tried to ride past it, so I just rolled the bike backwards into it and rode out the end. Did you guys get past this obstacle as well? At the end of the road it looked like someone had tried to block off the road using fallen trees and branches. I just squeaked by on the right after moving one or two smaller branches.

Happy riding!

This is a great bunch of roads and trails from the few sections I have done so far
Thanks Rob!
I did notice the trees farther up but we didn't make it past here. We were only out for the day starting at the beginning and seeing how far we got. We got to this point and decided to call it...mostly because it was 19:30, we had been riding since 8:00, and I didn't need to be dropping the beast into that at dusk and trying to haul it out in the dark while exhausted . Sometime in the next couple weeks I'll go back and pick up where I left off.
09 R1200 GSA (Totaled by SS Sandy)
06 Husky TE450, 04 R1100s BCR, 03 F650CS
rgb2cmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #237
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb2cmyk View Post

ugh, please keep the thread updated. If my boyfriend sees this, he'll never go for my idea to take parts of the TNJT down to visit my mom in June (with full camping gear to continue on toward WV). I told him the north/central parts were pleasant rural roads
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #238
caker
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Facebook friend request sent and waiting for approval - however I was hoping to get these files to do portions of the route this weekend, since we now no longer have plans (PB300 canceled).

Can someone who has access to Rob's FB page nab the most current files and make them available, or send them directly to me: caker@theshore.net and I'll put them up somewhere. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
-Chris
caker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #239
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,813
so i did sections 9, 10 and 11 this morning. more great roads everyone that helped, tanks.

all three sections clear and problem free

@caker what do you mean you will put them up somewhere?
Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #240
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,487
He doesn't know....caker, check it out please, this thing runs on this:

Quote:
For all these routes, only the route owner does that. Each chooses the level of controls, method of distro and most will ask that you never forward the route, but refer folks who want it back to the route owner.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote