ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #16
enormiss
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Let me know if anyone is interested in riding some/all/part of this route with me
Quote:
if you want to ride some of this anytime PM me and i'm game.
i'd prefer to go south rather than north.
interested... prefer the southen sandy sections. dr350 but don't get out much so I'm big bike & noob friendly
enormiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #17
TomN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,503
I hade about 2 hours to ride on Sun and did a little bit of the TNJT by New Hope, was a great route, lots on fice back rodas and dirt roads I did not know existed. Thanks all!

Was thinking about riding this next year, seems to kind of wind back and forth on itself in parts, anyone who has ridden it think that it is good the way it is or should I see how I can shorten it up for my trip?

TomN screwed with this post 10-01-2007 at 09:53 AM
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #18
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN
anyone who has ridden it think that it is good the way it is or should I see how I can shorten it up for my trip?
We/I actually took out a lot of dirt roads because it was taking too long to ride. For instance, just north of New Hope there are a ton of dirt roads that were in there and it was kind of a tourture test riding each one down to the Delaware and back up the mountain. So, I took them out to save time. However, when riding the final route I missed those roads.

You can easily do the entire route in three days as is. Two days if you want to hustle and one day if you're loco (I'd love to see that).

I'm going to host another group ride this summer (mid July). I will be putting in all those little dirt roads that were left out and including some new ones. The new route should be 1000 miles. It will also include an updated section 5 where I'll cover Wharton State Forest more and Bass River including some of my favorite trails/sand roads. The hero sections will be removed/included into the main route. So, when it's all said and done the route will be longer, contain more dirt, rock and sand and will be more challenging. It will be kept in a big bike format.

So, if anyone would like to suggest any roads that the trail runs near but missed or that you would like to see included please email the road and township name or better yet a waypoint!
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #19
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,745
i too had problems loading the .gdp file. appears that it was created in a version greater than 2.0 of mapsource.
is there anyway to get you to save a file in an earlier version than what you are running?
on mine you can do save as and then under the save as type i can choose ver 1 or ver 2

rthuey screwed with this post 10-24-2007 at 08:38 PM
rthuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #20
nightrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
SE PA sand-virgins now have route!

Thanks for pulling all this together Rob. I have been telling all my sand-virgin buddies what a great time I had on the PB500 this year. I now have some of them interested in seeing for themselves if it is as fun as I say. I was originally thinking that they would like Day 2 of the PB500. (Not too strenuous and not too much sand.) However, some of them want to try this on their street bikes, and I'm thinking that the PB500 route will be too hard.

I have been looking at the tnjt_v1 route south of Hammonton, and it looks like it covers a lot of the same area as day 2 of PB500. Would you consider the tnjt to be an easier ride than day 2 of the PB500? I don't want to blow their simple cave man brains on their first excursion into the wilds of NJ. We are looking at the first weekend in Nov.

Thanks,

Joe S.
nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 AM   #21
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider
Thanks for pulling all this together Rob. I have been telling all my sand-virgin buddies what a great time I had on the PB500 this year. I now have some of them interested in seeing for themselves if it is as fun as I say. I was originally thinking that they would like Day 2 of the PB500. (Not too strenuous and not too much sand.) However, some of them want to try this on their street bikes, and I'm thinking that the PB500 route will be too hard.

I have been looking at the tnjt_v1 route south of Hammonton, and it looks like it covers a lot of the same area as day 2 of PB500. Would you consider the tnjt to be an easier ride than day 2 of the PB500? I don't want to blow their simple cave man brains on their first excursion into the wilds of NJ. We are looking at the first weekend in Nov.

Thanks,

Joe S.

Section 7 would be easy enough. Section 6 can be tricky mostly because of the mud holes, tighter two track roads and some gps navigational challenges. If you're good with a gps you can always bypass the tough sections. Section 5 would be a good introduction to sand; for me it's easy for a sand noob it may be hell on earth?

Regardless of which section you ride it's all fun!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:17 PM   #22
Nickjc
Titanium Junkie

Oddometer: 111
dirt?

there are dirt roads in NJ...northern NJ...damn I have lived in sussex co...about 25 min from high point and I thought it was all paved....most of the 'paved' dirt I see are the secondary roads in vt....huh who would have thought....
Nickjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #23
Dirtmongrel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
question about section 5.1

I have a question about section 5.1. I believe designed by GerryNJ. I hope you know something that I donít. There is a section of trail that goes thru the Lakehurst NAV (naval base). I ride in that section of Colliers Mills all the time and I donít believe you can get thru that last 2 mile section before it merges onto RT539. When going down that trail there are huge signs that say ďMilitary Base Do Not EnterĒ followed by arrest, prosecution, blah blah blah. Some sections surrounding the base are fenced off, I canít recall if that one is though?

I only ask this question because I thought the TNJT was supposed to be fully dual sport legal. Do you ride that last stretch of trail? Or am I just being a pansy by not going past DO NOT TRESPASS signs? I understand that on Google maps satellite view there is a trail that runs straight thru, but Iíve never been able to go any further.

Do you live close to there? Thatís my midweek stomping grounds, maybe we should get together for some rides. I donít have GPS so most of my adventures entail getting lost or stuck for a good length of time, but the fun is o-plenty. There are some much nicer/narly trails within that little state park then you can see on the map. Sand and woops experience is a must if you get off the beaten path. I really need to find a riding partner, riding by yourself can get dangerous.
Dirtmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 AM   #24
rob23 OP
on the pipe

You are correct GerryNJ designed that route.

The entire route is legal. However, roads and signs change all the time. We bypass the military area. If you follow the intended route you shouldn't see any signs like you described. I've ridden this section several times without an issue. However, you are in the Fort Dix area and could easily get on the wrong trail. I also noticed some new dirt roads were recently bulldozed in that area.

If your in the area come join us at the Clarksburg Inn at 8pm on 12/3 to find out where the good trails are..
Old 11-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #25
rgon
explore cordilleras

Oddometer: 143
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSki
A friend of mine from ...and can't wait to ride the rest.

Which brings me to a question: Does anyone want to ride this damn thing?! ...
hello! count me in. i'm preping my bike,drz400, for the '08 summer time to make it road and trails worthy. three days (fri-sun) ride looks good to me.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #26
Tammy
Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer: 1,454
Rob,
If I start up top "north" and ride down "south" how far can I get on a DL650.. I've done all of old mine rd and any dirt roads around that part of the Del Gap on the DL but not any deep sand.. How far down is the deep sand??
AMA / CJCR / ECEA
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #27
johnpitts01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 879
TNJ in December

I rode the TNJ today in reverse - South to North - from S3004 to S 1078. Then looped back to my house in Whitehouse Station.

The gravel / dirt roads in the Peapack-Gladstone area were the most fun, but the entire route was a blast. Some icy patches today.

I hope to do the entire route in a weekend in the spring / summer.

Thanks to all for putting this route together.
johnpitts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:14 PM   #28
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
Rob,
If I start up top "north" and ride down "south" how far can I get on a DL650.. I've done all of old mine rd and any dirt roads around that part of the Del Gap on the DL but not any deep sand.. How far down is the deep sand??
South of 195 is where the Sand Starts.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:17 PM   #29
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpitts01
I rode the TNJ today in reverse - South to North - from S3004 to S 1078. Then looped back to my house in Whitehouse Station.

The gravel / dirt roads in the Peapack-Gladstone area were the most fun, but the entire route was a blast. Some icy patches today.

I hope to do the entire route in a weekend in the spring / summer.

Thanks to all for putting this route together.
COOL!!! Any pics?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #30
johnpitts01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 879
TNJ Reverse in Dec

Sorry. No pics. I ruined my camera with dust on the TAT this year.

Just got a new camera rig. Hope to try it out soon.
johnpitts01 is offline   Reply With Quote