ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #286
jconly
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jconly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 380
Can anyone comment on my previous question re: road conditions?

Id love to jump in on the fun for the 27/28th, but currently have scorpions mounted up.

Is there any deep sand / gravel?
Or is it pretty tightly packed?

Should order up some new shoes now if I need to.
jconly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #287
cammok5
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudcut View Post
28/29 sounds good what section?
i want to go from atsion lake, batso village area to capemay if any one does

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconly View Post
Can anyone comment on my previous question re: road conditions?

Id love to jump in on the fun for the 27/28th, but currently have scorpions mounted up.

Is there any deep sand / gravel?
Or is it pretty tightly packed?

Should order up some new shoes now if I need to.
i ride around atsion- batso and there is some deep sand in some areas
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #288
mudcut
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: northern nj
Oddometer: 6
going to ride the northern section first starting at highpoint
mudcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #289
rgb2cmyk
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rgb2cmyk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: 'boken, NJ
Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconly View Post
Can anyone comment on my previous question re: road conditions?

Id love to jump in on the fun for the 27/28th, but currently have scorpions mounted up.

Is there any deep sand / gravel?
Or is it pretty tightly packed?

Should order up some new shoes now if I need to.

Except for a few spots, you'll be fine on the northern sections (up to at least 114) with the Scorpions provided it's not super rainy and thus muddy. Once you get south towards the Pine Barrens and such, you're going to wish you had something a little more aggressive. I've done all of the north section, and as far south as the Pine Barrens of the TNJT on my GS with Annakee2s. It was to say the least when I got to the sand down south.
__________________
_
14 R1200 GSA (Hopefully lasts longer than 2yrs)
12 R1200 GSA ("Sandy") (Hit by DUI)
09 R1200 GSA (Totaled by SS Sandy)
06 Husky TE450, 04 R1100s BCR, 03 F650CS
rgb2cmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #290
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,838
You'll want some real knobbies for Pine Barrens, Batso, and southern sections. Once you get closer to Cape May, its not that bad and there are a lot more dirt roads and some paved sections.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #291
jconly
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jconly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb2cmyk View Post
Except for a few spots, you'll be fine on the northern sections (up to at least 114) with the Scorpions provided it's not super rainy and thus muddy. Once you get south towards the Pine Barrens and such, you're going to wish you had something a little more aggressive. I've done all of the north section, and as far south as the Pine Barrens of the TNJT on my GS with Annakee2s. It was to say the least when I got to the sand down south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
You'll want some real knobbies for Pine Barrens, Batso, and southern sections. Once you get closer to Cape May, its not that bad and there are a lot more dirt roads and some paved sections.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys.
jconly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #292
Starchamp
Rebel Scum
 
Starchamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Out there
Oddometer: 680
Some pics from Section 1

Taken yesterday:










Starchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #293
Riding
Adventurer
 
Riding's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 15
Tomorrow 29?

Hello riders!!!

I read about some folks interested in riding this weekend: Spacejunk, Cammok5, Mudcut, Jconly...

Are we a Go for tomorrow the 29? We would need a guide though...
Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #294
jconly
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jconly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riding View Post
Hello riders!!!

I read about some folks interested in riding this weekend: Spacejunk, Cammok5, Mudcut, Jconly...

Are we a Go for tomorrow the 29? We would need a guide though...

I wish, ended up having to work this weekend.
jconly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #295
cammok5
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Oddometer: 62
i have been so busy i forgot about this. today was the first day i had to relax so i took the bike out for a few hours.
what part do you want to ride? i might be able to get out again if you want to ride wharton.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #296
Riding
Adventurer
 
Riding's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammok5 View Post
i have been so busy i forgot about this. today was the first day i had to relax so i took the bike out for a few hours.
what part do you want to ride? i might be able to get out again if you want to ride wharton.
Thanks cammok5!!

A friend of mine and I went riding today around New Hope and we hit heavy rain. I am kind of KO now but I will shoot you a private message when I wake up and see how things are going. Whatever ends up happening tomorrow; thanks indeed for the offer!
Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #297
Riding
Adventurer
 
Riding's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconly View Post
I wish, ended up having to work this weekend.
Sorry to hear that jconly :-( .
Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #298
FISHCAT
Adventurer
 
FISHCAT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Somerst Hills part of NJ
Oddometer: 14
Where do I find the GPS data

I am in Somerset county and just found this thread.
I would really enjoy finding new adventures in NJ!
FISHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #299
spacejunky
Adventurer
 
spacejunky's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Oddometer: 19
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riding View Post
Sorry to hear that jconly :-( .
Same here, could not find any one willing to swap a weekend.
spacejunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #300
mudcut
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: northern nj
Oddometer: 6
road some of the tnjt

road 100 to 105 skipped 103 hero2 wawa don't like getting shot at all good
mudcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014