ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #31
eduardobibm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,634
Damn, how'd I miss this for so long?
Nice job Rob.

I'm gonna be all over this. I live maybe 40 minutes from the start (North). The first 45+ degree weekend I get and I'm gone.
Thanks
"Must be a yearning deep in human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws always for other fellow ... was always something they hated to see neighbors doing. Stop them 'for their own good' not because speaker claimed to be harmed by it."
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
eduardobibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #32
johnpitts01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Trans NJ

Be sure to post when you plan to ride in Feb / Mar. I may join you.
johnpitts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #33
jdaniele
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
I enjoyed the report it looks like you all had a great time. I have been longing to get off the street for a while now this is a ride I could see myself doing. A question for ROB23 I see you were on a f650gs how was the bike. I have my eye on a used 03 Dakar, I saw the new KLR at the bike show it was nice but the BMW just is just calling my name. I also want to do some long hauls and camping this summer. Can you tell me how you like the F bike and how it was on this particular ride.

Regards JD
jdaniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #34
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 4,934
[quote=johnpitts01 Peapack-Gladstone area were the most fun, but the entire route was a blast..[/quote]

I lived in Gladstone for 20 years. I kinda miss the roads around there- glad someone else is getting to enjoy them.

watch out for the cowboys in blue crown vics.
adam_c_eckhardt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #35
toofast4uu
adventurer

Oddometer: 968
Heads up...I routinely ride the routes from 195 to 539/70 Wawa...

Over the last month, the military has put up a fence at the end of Colliers Mill WMA (where colliers mill meets the military property)...The fence breaks up the route, but all you need to do is detour out to 539, and re-enter the route at the next dirt road after the visible fence ends. Sounds confusing, but it's really not..

Word of caution. If you try to go around the fence, you'll make it about a quarter mile up the trail, spend the next hour getting your bike out of a swamp...Don't ask me how I know...
Old 01-23-2008, 06:44 AM   #36
njpaddler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Trans New Jersey Trail

Feb./Mar. I'll do some weekend rides, too. I'm near Mt. Laurel, so I head into the Pines regularly on Sunday mornings, & now that I've got a DL650 those sand roads are calling me.
njpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #37
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,321
OUT FUCK'N STANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm there,i'm there,i'm there!
With or without the friends and family.I'm set'n up the DR now!
Out standing!
Did i say i was happy about this trail?
Thank you very much to all the guys that put the time and effort in to map'n it all out and posting it for others.I'd like to meet up with you guys and buy you a beer.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #38
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by awm
OUT FUCK'N STANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm there,i'm there,i'm there!
With or without the friends and family.I'm set'n up the DR now!
Out standing!
Did i say i was happy about this trail?
Thank you very much to all the guys that put the time and effort in to map'n it all out and posting it for others.I'd like to meet up with you guys and buy you a beer.
YOUR WELCOME, I love beer..

I just spent a lot of time combing over the trail and adding in MORE DIRT espeically in the northern half of the state. This year I'll be starting from 287 and Skyline drive and hitting up Split Rock before going north to High Point. I also added some nice vantage points like Sunrise Mountain.

This year we'll be zig zagging through all the major forest in the pines. A vast upgrade from last year's Section 5 route.

I'm also crossing over into Mauricetown and adding in some nice stuff from that side down in Hammer Country.

I'm planning on hosting a ride on 06/20-22nd (longest period of daylight of the year).

This year's route should be a full 1k and may take a full four days of ridding to complete it in comfort.

I will be pre-ridding the route soon so email me if your interested in laying down some tracks..
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #39
TomN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,497
Nice can't wait to see the new route! Have to ride it this year.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #40
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23
YOUR WELCOME, I love beer..

I just spent a lot of time combing over the trail and adding in MORE DIRT espeically in the northern half of the state. This year I'll be starting from 287 and Skyline drive and hitting up Split Rock before going north to High Point. I also added some nice vantage points like Sunrise Mountain.

This year we'll be zig zagging through all the major forest in the pines. A vast upgrade from last year's Section 5 route.

I'm also crossing over into Mauricetown and adding in some nice stuff from that side down in Hammer Country.

I'm planning on hosting a ride on 06/20-22nd (longest period of daylight of the year).

This year's route should be a full 1k and may take a full four days of ridding to complete it in comfort.

I will be pre-ridding the route soon so email me if your interested in laying down some tracks..
I will email you.Me and 3or4 of my fellow ds riders are putting together a plan now.I wish i could ride along in June,but i'm head'n out for Nova Soctia the morning of the 20th.
Don't know if it'll be summer or fall yet,one good friend has to figure out leave.You never know he might be dual sport'n in Afanistan.[he has before]

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #41
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23
Excellent. More terrain is good. I'm planning on riding the route on my Super Sherpa, probably in June/July timeframe. I'm not sure I can make the 6/20-22 ride you have planned, but if it works, I'm in. I have a plan to spend a day or so in Wildwood at the southern end of the ride, and get some time on the beach in.

To get the original TNJT route set to load on my eTrex Legend, I had to massage it a bit in Mapsource. I combined two of the routes into other routes to get it down to the 20-route limit for the GPS. If it gets too much bigger I might have to split it up between two GPSes, or upgrade my GPS technology.

Thanks for all your work!
tomatoe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #42
rob23 OP
on the pipe

I just finished the latest rough draft last night. Going to pre-ride some of it this weekend.

I used via points instead of waypoints to save on memory. I also made each route about 30 via points each so it should load to most gps units without truncating the route. My eTrex Legend Cx was able to load all routes and maps with 128mb micro sd.

As far as beaches go my personal favorite is Island Beach State Park at the end of Seaside Heights/Island Beach State Park. When your done with the beach hit up the bars on the boardwalk in Seaside. LBI is good too. If your down by Wildwood, Avalon has a nice beach. All these spots are within an hour from the trail once your south of 1-95.

If anyone wants to join us in June email me.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #43
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey
i too had problems loading the .gdp file. appears that it was created in a version greater than 2.0 of mapsource.
is there anyway to get you to save a file in an earlier version than what you are running?
on mine you can do save as and then under the save as type i can choose ver 1 or ver 2
hey all, would appreciate it if someone could still do this and post it.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #44
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey
hey all, would appreciate it if someone could still do this and post it.
just download the latest MapSource from the Garmine website.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #45
enormiss
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
To get the original TNJT route set to load on my eTrex Legend, I had to massage it a bit in Mapsource. I combined two of the routes into other routes to get it down to the 20-route limit for the GPS. If it gets too much bigger I might have to split it up between two GPSes, or upgrade my GPS technology.
Couldn't fit it into my GPS either... I am going to try converting the route into a loadable map tonight then attempt following the line.
Looking foward to riding
enormiss is offline   Reply With Quote