ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #226
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519
Can't leave a good thread alone....
Doesn't deserve to be languishing on page 5 / 6 that's for sure.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #227
Valker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Whatta thread!!!!

I don't post here much, but this thread just gets me. I have two daughters (18 & 16) The younger one has always loved riding with me. She recently took my MSF course and got her license. She has now commandeered my Ninja 250. She went with me to Eureka Springs for her maiden out of town trip (her driving). That ended up being about a 1300 mile break in. She loves it and did wonderfully. We will be riding to Sipapu, NM in a few weeks for the BMW rally there (Honda & Kawasaki??). That will be another 700 miles. All 5 (Yes, five!!!) of mine have loved riding with me. Three of those will be life long riders with two just liking going with me. Back in 1983 when my nephew was 15 (my kids started along in 1986), my sister allowed me to take him on a 5 week, 8000 mile ride through the Rockies to Jasper, Alberta and back down the west coast before coming back to Texas. He still talks about that trip. I will post a picture of my 16 yr old next time I get a chance.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:33 PM   #228
TongueLady
Shine A Light

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus McGee
You know...

Ever since that little girl was born, she's had me wrapped around her little finger.

A couple of weeks ago, she asked me a question. "Am I your best friend?"

I paused. "Be careful, Angus. This is one of those defining moments in your child's life."

I replied, "Friends come and go. Sure, I care about them, but the feelings I have for you so far outweigh that, I can't even measure it. I care about every scratch you get, every pain. I was there at your first doctor's visit, and nearly every one since. You're constantly on my mind. I take better care of myself because of you. No friend I ever had, or could ever have could come close to how I feel about you. You're so much more than a friend, I can't even describe it."

She got up, walked over, and lovingly put her head on my chest.

Guys, I'm a firm believer that the little girls God blessed us with love bikes because we love bikes. If we loved tennis, or Jeeps or anything, those little girls would be right there with us. It's just that they want to be with us. What our hobbies are is secondary.

Cherish those little angels. They grow and change way, way too fast and before you know it, they're gone with their own lives and their own adventures.
Gee, thanks. Now I have to come back and finish reading this awesome thread at another time cos you ruined my monitor.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #229
NC HILLBILLY
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,066
Great Thread Dlrides

Great thread Don. As you can probably tell, I spend most of my time in east regional or orange crush ! I just now saw this wonderful thread. My oldest daughter, Shanda, use to ride all over western NC with me on my 1987 KLR650 when she was 3-4 years old. She's now 22 ! Where does time go. My youngest daughter, Ginger has riden a TTR125 for the past 3-4 years. We just sold the bike this past Christmas because she seemingly lost interest when she got her driver's license. Within the past few months, however, Ginger has asking to go on some of our rides . What a treat to have a daughter who wants to hit to back country with the old man. She is now studying for her motorcycle endorsement and wants to begin dual sporting with me. . What planet did this 17 year old girl come from . She takes her test in a few weeks and I can't wait. . Anyway....Enjoyed the thread. Ginger, in red, is beside me on our last ride. Sorry I have no photo of us on the 950 together. Ride on and be careful brother....Mark

http://www.advrider.com/forums/attac...1&d=1186779622

Current Stable:

2007 DR 650 (For The Rougher Stuff In Life)
2009 DL 1000 (For Those Laid Back Days)

Bygone Days:

69 Honda 50-----72 Suz 90
74 DT 250-------78 TT 500
80 KZ 650-------87 KLR 650
88 NX 250-------99 DR 650
03 DRZ----------04 SXC 625
06 950 ADV----- 99 DR 200

NC HILLBILLY screwed with this post 08-22-2007 at 06:11 PM
NC HILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 PM   #230
waterboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
father daughter texas style

So the daughter said, "sure i would love to learn how to ride. so I went looking for a smallbike for her to ride after she took the MSF course. Thankgod for Harley, they rent Buells. so we rented a Buell for her over two weekends and off we went, with mom riding the caboose to make sure no one would sneak up behind. so we were sititing at a traffic light with Moma snapping pictures of her first ride, and we gave her a adv salute. Later I found a Yamaha Virago 250. We ride together on the weekends now. she's hooked. Hopefully I did everything right in getting a couple jpg's uploaded
waterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #231
Wout67
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,170
My angel turned 13 today.

I took her out for a special dinner, and when I suggested we should have brought her best friend with us, she said "No, that's okay. I like it just the two of us."

What I would like to know is this.

What did I ever do to deserve a child like this?

that line from that old song "Butterfly Kisses" comes to mind.

"With all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right to deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."

www.iamsecond.com
Wout67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #232
BooneDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Two of my riding buddies.

Either with me on my bikes or on their 4 wheeler or XR50.

-------------------------------------
Yamaha FJR1300AE
KTM 625 SXC
BooneDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #233
Wout67
Beastly Adventurer

great pic, boone.

Not sure about those riding boots tho.

www.iamsecond.com
Old 08-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #234
BooneDog
Gnarly Adventurer

What, those aren't DOT approved?

Quote:
great pic, boone.

Yamaha FJR1300AE
KTM 625 SXC
Old 08-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #235
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Quote:
great pic, boone.

What kind of headlight is that?

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #236
FloridaSteve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,082
Well as a proud Dad I've got to jump in. 5 years old. Starting Kindergarden tomorrow morning. It all goes to fast...too damm fast.. She'd go riding with me tomorrow if we'd let her. She was trying to look like a big tough biker but couldn't stop grinning.. If she's good this year there may be a mini bike in hre future. My wife's terrified but I don't think you can (or should) lock em up to protect them.

It's the kind of love you can't explain to your friends who don't have kids... This is a great thread by the way. Thanks!
FloridaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #237
Wout67
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSteve
It's the kind of love you can't explain to your friends who don't have kids... This is a great thread by the way. Thanks!
Very well put.

Even your daughter can't understand the love you have for her.

Just wait, Steve. You think the last 5 years goes fast.. wait for a few more years.

Mine turned 13 last week.

I close my eyes, and she's 6, then 8, then 10.. I remeber every birthday. Every first day at school, every trip to the doctor...

There's no one else on earth that means as much as that little (not so little anymore) girl to us dads, and no one else can understand the feeling we have for these girls other than other dads.

kudos.

www.iamsecond.com
Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 AM   #238
BooneDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule
What kind of headlight is that?
Those are Buell lights and screen.

Yamaha FJR1300AE
KTM 625 SXC
Old 08-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #239
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooneDog
Those are Buell lights and screen.

Way cool!

And Angus, you're spot on. I never could have imagined how I'd feel before my daughter was born, and couldn't possibly describe that feeling to anyone else who hasn't experienced it.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #240
Rusky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Great thread!
I did a week-long camping trip with my 13 years old daughter last Christmas and she said it was the best holiday ever! For me it's for sure. Now looking forward to the next one.

More pics here:
http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...-30_MonkeyMia/

And she got her own bike for birthday. I was a bit worried that she won't like riding it but she loves it now. And riding together is one of the times best spent!

Rusky is offline   Reply With Quote