ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #16
RicH2
Ric H2
 
RicH2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: North Alabama
Oddometer: 2,208
Me & My girl Bridgit....


By the time mine girl started riding at 8 yrs old she had already rebuilt three sets of carbs and two clutches. She has since replaced the pistons on one RD400 and one Kawasaki H2 triple.

This pic was taken when she was 8 yrs old I think. She's tall for her age and is the top basketball player at her school, St. Johns Perish.
She's now 12 going on 18 and is the "IT' girl at school as seen in the bottom picture. She now wants to start learning to drive on the street so she can get her motorcycle license at 14. Ain't gonna happen !!!


__________________
67 Kaw 120ss - 69 Bushwacker - '74 Kaw H2 - '77 RD400 - '66 Black Bomber - KLX250sf - '10 R1200R
RicH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #17
RicH2
Ric H2
 
RicH2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: North Alabama
Oddometer: 2,208
Oh and.....my wife, Bridgit's mom, also ditched her promise before God....when Bridgit was 10.
Commiting adultery and as she put, "I'm just not hhhaaapppy"

I made sure my daughter wasn't taken from me because her mom was "Just not hhhaaapppy".

I have my girl every day after school and Thursday night until Tuesday night every other weekend.

(does my bitterness show ?)
__________________
67 Kaw 120ss - 69 Bushwacker - '74 Kaw H2 - '77 RD400 - '66 Black Bomber - KLX250sf - '10 R1200R
RicH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #18
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,306
dads and daughters... such a special bond...

here's mine last week:







Thanks for sharing your pics with your pride and joy

GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #19
dlrides OP
1:1.618
 
dlrides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Newton NC
Oddometer: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH2
Oh and.....my wife, Bridgit's mom, also ditched her promise before God....when Bridgit was 10.
Commiting adultery and as she put, "I'm just not hhhaaapppy"

I made sure my daughter wasn't taken from me because her mom was "Just not hhhaaapppy".

I have my girl every day after school and Thursday night until Tuesday night every other weekend.

(does my bitterness show ?)

I know where you are coming from !

When I was suprised with the "I'm just not happy, I'm moving out thursday", I SWORE that I would not be a weekeend dad. We have a 50/50 deal, but I wish I had went for full custody, since I pull all the load anyway. It took four years for Erica to stop crying at night, and she still asks questions about why mom isn't around all the time. I don't want to get started on the "bitterness issue", it will never go away !

Erica has been my "rock" for eight years, and getting stronger all the time !
__________________
"The BSC was strong in that one, had to get out !"
dlrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #20
mel brooks
Dirt Chick
 
mel brooks's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 1,699
Hey Don,

What a great thread!!! So wonderful when you see a dad and his daughter having fun together. I'll never forget my dad---got me my first bike at 10 years old! Erica is a lovely young lady and has a great dad to spend time with her like that. Hats off!

Don't know if you've ever seen this web page, but it has some good info and old pics from the Mortimer area....

Mel

http://web.utk.edu/~jeparks/history.htm
__________________
KLX 351 Super Moto, 292cc Super Sherpa

“Everytime I start thinkin’ the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”
Steve McQueen, On Any Sunday
mel brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #21
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Fireman1000's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Gray GA
Oddometer: 2,266
My daughter's first ride outside our neighborhood took place last week. We went a short distance to a dairy farm I like to stop at and watch the sun set. Bailey absolutley loves bikes.









Fireman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #22
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass
 
Jonnylotto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sunnyvale
Oddometer: 14,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrides
I know where you are coming from !

When I was suprised with the "I'm just not happy, I'm moving out thursday", I SWORE that I would not be a weekeend dad. We have a 50/50 deal, but I wish I had went for full custody, since I pull all the load anyway. It took four years for Erica to stop crying at night, and she still asks questions about why mom isn't around all the time. I don't want to get started on the "bitterness issue", it will never go away !

Erica has been my "rock" for eight years, and getting stronger all the time !

The "bitterness will never go away", at least now you say, but sometime in the future, when your daughter is old enough to understand she'll start asking you questions about what happened and why. Just be honest; if you're still bitter then tell her so and why, but I get the feeling that once you're talking to her on an adult level that you'll just suck it up and let it go.

I've been there. My oldest daughter doesn't love her mother any less now but she's heard my side of the story
__________________
I'm done.
Jonnylotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #23
dlrides OP
1:1.618
 
dlrides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Newton NC
Oddometer: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel brooks
Hey Don,

What a great thread!!! So wonderful when you see a dad and his daughter having fun together. I'll never forget my dad---got me my first bike at 10 years old! Erica is a lovely young lady and has a great dad to spend time with her like that. Hats off!

Don't know if you've ever seen this web page, but it has some good info and old pics from the Mortimer area....

Mel

http://web.utk.edu/~jeparks/history.htm
Thanks for the link Mel !! I have seen a couple of them in different places. Great visual to the area's history !

When are some of you coming down to ride in our area ?
__________________
"The BSC was strong in that one, had to get out !"
dlrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #24
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!
 
Lobby's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Oddometer: 27,441
She will remember this ride for the rest of her life. Congratulations to the both of you.
__________________
Gracie's Gold
Lobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #25
Nocturnal
Beastly Adventurer
 
Nocturnal's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Bland,VA
Oddometer: 1,675
Don, very cool and a great thread. I'm glad to hear she is showing some intrest and I know it had to make your day.

On a side note it got my son more interested in riding. He said he'd go on the next one if Erica came along.
__________________
Overheard at a local campground:
"I'll talk to you any damn way I want unless you've got a gun or a badge!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas.K.Findlay through crooked roads
well old motor we are leaving here on a long jump again
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #26
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell
 
Rodzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Wheat Ridge Colorado
Oddometer: 1,425
Wow!

Choked up for sure. Beautiful girls there gents.


My little girl turns one on July 29th (wow where did THAT year go?)


Her brother has just started burning hot-laps in the back yard on a PW-50 (he turns 4 in Oct) and has found it funny to "scare" dad by screeching into the corners really, really hot (for a P-dub with training wheels anyway)


Sister I hope will find these things fun as well.
__________________
COHVCO/COTPA/BRC/USA-ALL/ARRA/AMA/Moab Parnership
COHVCO Supporter
Rampart Range Motorcycle Management Committee(RRMMC) Past President/VP
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #27
dlrides OP
1:1.618
 
dlrides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Newton NC
Oddometer: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Don, very cool and a great thread. I'm glad to hear she is showing some intrest and I know it had to make your day.

On a side note it got my son more interested in riding. He said he'd go on the next one if Erica came along.

At least we could keep an eye on them ! I wouldn't have to ask the parents phone # either !
__________________
"The BSC was strong in that one, had to get out !"
dlrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #28
Joe Bar
Middle England
 
Joe Bar's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Oddometer: 1,352
Great thread, my daughter's 11 now, and has been going out with me on the bike since she was 5. Her mother (my wife) has no interest in bikes. On longer trips Autocom is great for maintaining interest, and making sure she's ok.

Photo from a recent wet weekend in the Lake District.

__________________
"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it's a work of art."
Joe Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #29
willnevergrowup
Beastly Adventurer
 
willnevergrowup's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,668
Very cool thread! Here is mine trying to steal her 5 year old brothers bike.

__________________
Mom always told me I was special and I believe her.
willnevergrowup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:37 PM   #30
GS Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakarboy
five months old now. cant wait to take her for her first ride....

Umm....She will taking YOU for the ride!
__________________
______________________________

"Context is everything."
GS Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014