ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #916
1129VLD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducwad
Poseur!

Here in WA they have to be 5 yrs old to ride on the street. I also won't let mine on until they can touch the pegs they'll need to use. Common sense but something to check before getting their hopes up. One of my girls can't touch the pegs yet which really bums here out. Then ATGATT 'em!

The only bike I can take my girls out on the street with is put up for the winter so the one that wants to go has not yet. I have taken her for a spin around the yard on the dirt bike, though. She enjoyed it and then told me she wanted a pony instead of a motorcycle. She'll still ride with me, though. Works for me.
Bungie cords????
Old 02-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #917
DrWatson
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
love this thread.

My daughter is 3 1/4. She has a BMW kids range R1100GS, like her dad. She calls it her pretend motorbike, as it has pedals. Her big bike, as she calls it, is a pushy with training wheels - kept of balance ofcourse.

She will let me know when she wants a PW50 or other, as shes been around bikes since birth, and just takes them for granted.

Nic.
DrWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #918
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
I enjoy this thread you guy's(and daughters). My son is 18 now and has had every bike on the planet when he was young. Never had any interest as hard as I have tried and still doesn't. Football and basketball and he's a good athlete. Maybe I need a daughter. If any of you get sick of them send them my way. My luck, my wife would want to make a girl out of her

Steve

sc-razor screwed with this post 02-05-2009 at 06:36 PM
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #919
rickf
oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc-razor
I enjoy this thread you guy's(and daughters). My son is 18 now and has had every bike on the planet when he was young. Never had any interest as hard as I have tried and still doesn't. Football and basketball and he's a good athlete. Maybe I need a daughter. If any of you get sick of them send them my way. My luck, my wife would want to make a girl out of her
There are a lot of kids who need homes. We adopted an 11 year old girl from Russia 5 years ago, I have trouble remembering when she wasn't my daughter.
We tell her that Mama and Papa misplaced her for the first 11 years of her life. We looked all over but forgot to check Moscow.
One boy 32 and one girl 16, I'll be working until I die.

Originally Posted by rickf
Oh no, Robby's still a pendejo, but he's OUR pendejo!
rickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #920
TeacherDan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
My youngest is 29 and getting married on the 14th of March (and I am doing the wedding service as well as giving her away and walking her down the aisle!), she used to ride with me.....

........reading this thread makes me really miss that.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #921
Gotlabs
Killing with kindness

Oddometer: 654
Heres my little shoogie, she started riding last summer and has caught on fast. She did 26ish miles two weeks ago in SC, sandy and whoops riding and she did awesome.

Not to keen on her growing up though.

This is one of her first rides last summer

This is her during the great Coastal NC blizzard of 2009, playing the backyard.

making sure the pups get their exercise

Old 02-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #922
MudBugger
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Sleepy

I've got two gaughters, one 6 other 7. They love to ride with me to shop or to my friend's house. Last time I took the youngest to the shop, (less than 1 Km) as we were coming back, I just felt her arms dropping below my hips. With my left hand I took her by the elbow, to keep it straight, and pulled hard so she can hit me with her body from the back. She fell asleep in that 5 minutes or so. I really got the fright of my life. She said she was fine, she can sit and sleep. I told my wife we must make dead sure that they're not tired after school if they want to go with. Well, to date I haven't taken any to the shops again, just to my friends house around the block.
I suspect mine will ride if they get the chance.
MudBugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #923
V Saarela
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBugger
I've got two gaughters, one 6 other 7. They love to ride with me to shop or to my friend's house. Last time I took the youngest to the shop, (less than 1 Km) as we were coming back, I just felt her arms dropping below my hips. With my left hand I took her by the elbow, to keep it straight, and pulled hard so she can hit me with her body from the back. She fell asleep in that 5 minutes or so. I really got the fright of my life. She said she was fine, she can sit and sleep. I told my wife we must make dead sure that they're not tired after school if they want to go with. Well, to date I haven't taken any to the shops again, just to my friends house around the block.
Yes, BEVARE! They can fell in sleep in five minutes.

Thta´s why I made a:

Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 AM   #924
river_rat
Perplexed

Oddometer: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBugger
I'm sure this has been posted here and otherplaces, but here's something that I've heard good things about for bringin the little ones....(no connection) http://www.buddybelt.com/

I've also seen a belt system where you physically attach the pillion rider to you....but don't have a link

There are three kinds of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't.
river_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #925
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat
I'm sure this has been posted here and otherplaces, but here's something that I've heard good things about for bringin the little ones....(no connection) http://www.buddybelt.com/

I've also seen a belt system where you physically attach the pillion rider to you....but don't have a link
Buddy belt is a good set-up if your passenger needs a good griping location. As for actually attaching a child to either the driver or the bike, I think it is abad idea. The last place I would want my son is tied to a 500 pound chunk of metal as it bounced across the ground, and only slightly less so attached to me.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #926
Dave JP
BRP Rider

Oddometer: 372
This is the best thread on ADV, without a doubt!

Thanks!

Dave
Dave JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #927
Norsman
...a GSophile

Oddometer: 2,347

Norsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #928
SheRidesABeemer
Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer: 1,941
I can never find the Moms & Daughter's thread...so I post here

I was scanning in older pics, when I came upon this classic...
I can't image what I was thinking...letting an R bike park in my garage...

87 K75
Do what you love, and do it often.
SheRidesABeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #929
Gobby
Trust Me!

Oddometer: 415
Wink They grow up sp fast.

Here is my "baby", she turns 18 this year, and has just got her restricted bike license.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/o...o/100_2214.jpg
Check that smile.....!
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/o...o/100_2136.jpg
With ATGATT!

great thread this, great family stuff.
Gobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #930
ross
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Terry, Ross' better half is writing this. This from the other side of the fence so to speak, I learned to ride from my dad and almost ran into the neighbors living room. One time when we were out riding dirt bikes, my dad said, "Put her in 1st gear and give her hell!" This as I was looking up a very formidable hill close to where we lived. There is nothing better than riding with my dad at the ripe old age of 48. I hope to have many rides with him no matter how long or short!

ross screwed with this post 02-11-2009 at 10:42 PM
ross is offline   Reply With Quote