ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #1306
cula
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ.
What a privilege to be able to contribute to this thread! I have three daughters and one son... Eldest one is not so keen, Youngest falls asleep on back if distance is too great, which means that my middle daughter Emma is the main pillion rider. We have done literally hundreds of miles together on my old BSAs. Many rallies and motorcycle gatherings all of which have been immense fun. Although she has just turned 16 she is now looking towards her first bike and is slowly drifting her own way. First piccie shows us taking a break in a roadside layby cooking bacon sandwiches and cups of tea...

Now my youngest whom likes to fall asleep on the back is known as Lillian on the pillion! and here she is on a ride out collecting land marks, part of a Round Britain Rally....

Now that's dangerous. How do you deal with that? I am always afraid of my kids falling asleep....
cula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #1307
inire
Browncoat symp

Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cula
Now that's dangerous. How do you deal with that? I am always afraid of my kids falling asleep....
a long-ago GF used to nod off on the bike, too. Only once did it freak me (she just suddenly slumped). Mostly she'd lean on my back and if I felt her relax I'd just square my shoulders and adjust if she shifted. A tap on the knee would wake her if I had a situation.

wow. Those were good times.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #1308
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

Oddometer: 1,602
I bought one of these. Child Riding Harness
http://www.childridingbelt.com/enginstrcen.htm

'Now that's dangerous. How do you deal with that? I am always afraid of my kids falling asleep....'
06 BMW RTP - BLACK & WHITE
Meet & Greet Thursdays 6pm

Tail Gunner screwed with this post 03-03-2010 at 01:58 PM
Tail Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #1309
Solomoriah
likes the back roads

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
MORMONS?
Does it matter if they are?

Rather a rude question, I'd think.
Solomoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #1310
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
MORMONS?

No culo, HUMANS
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #1311
fancyindigo
schmancy...fancy

Oddometer: 1,158
Hi all

I am a woman rider (age 34). My father always rode when I was a child. I always had a fascination with his motorcycle ('73 Honda 750 - or some year close to '73) and when I was a toddler, I would "waddle" up to the bike, pat it, and say, "Buuuden....buuuuden!" Even then, he would rig some belt/strap system - or let me ride in front of him and take me slowly up and down the half mile long driveway. I was always thrilled!

We rode together some more as I was growing up, memories for which I am very thankful.

He has not had a bike in many years now, due to multiple back surgeries and various other health issues. However, he got on my wee lil' XT about a month ago. All he needed to know was, "One down and five up," and in his classic style...having not ridden in years, popped the front wheel up and took off. Of course, his statement when he got back after just 10 min or so was, "Don't tell your mother I was on your bike!" I knew that letting him ride was probably not the safest thing I could have done, however, I also knew that it was probably going to be his last ride. And, when he returned safely, he was grinning from ear to ear and his eyes looked younger than I have ever seen them!

He keeps talking about getting another bike, but I think time and injuries have taken their toll on his body. So, he now just enjoys my stories, sometimes even just my daily commute stories.

I shared this because I greatly admire this thread - I love reading the stories and seeing the pictures, sometimes it even brings tears to my eyes.

My dad is not only my hero, but instilled in me a great love of riding - something that is now a huge part of my life.
fancyindigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #1312
1129VLD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Bungie cords.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #1313
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

Oddometer: 1,602
Thanks for sharing. I hope my daughter (now 8) will look back and have great memories of our rides and time together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyindigo
Hi all

I am a woman rider (age 34). My father always rode when I was a child. I always had a fascination with his motorcycle ('73 Honda 750 - or some year close to '73) and when I was a toddler, I would "waddle" up to the bike, pat it, and say, "Buuuden....buuuuden!" Even then, he would rig some belt/strap system - or let me ride in front of him and take me slowly up and down the half mile long driveway. I was always thrilled!

We rode together some more as I was growing up, memories for which I am very thankful.

He has not had a bike in many years now, due to multiple back surgeries and various other health issues. However, he got on my wee lil' XT about a month ago. All he needed to know was, "One down and five up," and in his classic style...having not ridden in years, popped the front wheel up and took off. Of course, his statement when he got back after just 10 min or so was, "Don't tell your mother I was on your bike!" I knew that letting him ride was probably not the safest thing I could have done, however, I also knew that it was probably going to be his last ride. And, when he returned safely, he was grinning from ear to ear and his eyes looked younger than I have ever seen them!

He keeps talking about getting another bike, but I think time and injuries have taken their toll on his body. So, he now just enjoys my stories, sometimes even just my daily commute stories.

I shared this because I greatly admire this thread - I love reading the stories and seeing the pictures, sometimes it even brings tears to my eyes.

My dad is not only my hero, but instilled in me a great love of riding - something that is now a huge part of my life.
06 BMW RTP - BLACK & WHITE
Meet & Greet Thursdays 6pm
Tail Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #1314
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,862
R-e-s-p-e-c-t!

My daughter just turned 13 in January, and this weekend she will be taking the MSF basic rider course to qualify for her scooter license. I can only hope that I'm giving her the gift your father gave to you.

Great respect for you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyindigo
Hi all

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #1315
cula
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
Does it matter if they are?

Rather a rude question, I'd think.
I meant no offense. I'm from Utah.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #1316
cula
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtherev
I bought one of these. Child Riding Harness
http://www.childridingbelt.com/enginstrcen.htm

'Now that's dangerous. How do you deal with that? I am always afraid of my kids falling asleep....'
Thanks, I already sent an email to the dealer here. It turns out it's only ~5miles from me. They are located in Midvale, UT
Old 03-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #1317
dakardad
Not waiting for anyone

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
MORMONS?
How many wives are yours??
Ya gotta love 'Big Love'.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #1318
cula
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad
How many wives are yours??
Ya gotta love 'Big Love'.
Sorry Buddy, I'm a woman and I'm Christian.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #1319
TripleTee
Over the river

Oddometer: 5,266
She's a natural.

Don't even think about photographing the helmet hair though.

When i'm 92 and if I still have money to spend and i want to give it to someone with boobs, then fuck you thats what.
- Little Foot
TripleTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #1320
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
I cannot relate to having girls as I had two strapping boys that learned everything there is about riding MC's. The nice thing is that they married two wonderful girls that love to ride. We now have 5 grandkids. 3 girls and 2 boys. The oldest grandaughter is 7 and already asking when we can go for a ride. One boy is already riding his own electric mc and loves it. They call my wife and I grandma and grandpa bruupp bruupp. Youngest boy at 1 year old already showing interest. Life is good boys, girls, grandkids. awesome.