ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 AM   #121
sailwa66
Captain Cheap A**

Oddometer: 206
Well, not quite an "adventure", but my teenage daughter loves the 2-up sessions at trackdays (not to mention she's getting pretty good on her XR100):
Attached Images

Ducati Multistrada Adventure Gear: www.strada-avventurosa.com
sailwa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #122
Yooper_Bob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,473
Great thread!!!

My daughter has been riding since she was 2.....she's a whole 3 now. Can't wait until she's big enough to go for longer rides.

Here is here first ride....I know, I should of had flip-flops on instead of those highly protective tennis shoes!

She also likes to ride sleds in the winter!

Since the first photo was taken, we have upgraded her gear to a helmet and tekvest. Tekvests are great, and we use her's in the winter and summer.
Yooper_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #123
blackbirdzach
Daily Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,430
What an awesome thread. I'm jealous of you all.

To all you fathers.
blackbirdzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #124
AZstrommer
Long may she wave!

Oddometer: 961
She's all of seven. I hate to see her grow up but it's happening before my eyes.

Our trek to Bisbee...Hannah rules! XXS Joe Rocket Phoenix almost fits!

At the Lavender Pit copper mine

At the Shady Dell

She rides a bit too!

Being Hannah's Dad - Best job ever!

AZ
AZstrommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #125
Wout67
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,138
You know...

Ever since that little girl was born, she's had me wrapped around her little finger.

A couple of weeks ago, she asked me a question. "Am I your best friend?"

I paused. "Be careful, Angus. This is one of those defining moments in your child's life."

I replied, "Friends come and go. Sure, I care about them, but the feelings I have for you so far outweigh that, I can't even measure it. I care about every scratch you get, every pain. I was there at your first doctor's visit, and nearly every one since. You're constantly on my mind. I take better care of myself because of you. No friend I ever had, or could ever have could come close to how I feel about you. You're so much more than a friend, I can't even describe it."

She got up, walked over, and lovingly put her head on my chest.

Guys, I'm a firm believer that the little girls God blessed us with love bikes because we love bikes. If we loved tennis, or Jeeps or anything, those little girls would be right there with us. It's just that they want to be with us. What our hobbies are is secondary.

Cherish those little angels. They grow and change way, way too fast and before you know it, they're gone with their own lives and their own adventures.

www.iamsecond.com
Wout67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 PM   #126
andijim
Jean-Marc

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRed
Are they sisters? And two weeks of camping... BRILLIANT! Good on you 'andjim'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
for your most humanitarian act of giving 2 girls a loving adoptive family and giving them a shot at a better life
yep they are half sister originaly from Russia with a VERY bumpy road (still not easy at all after four years , but it is very worth it especially when you can take two week with one on one time on a bike.

Date is wrong on pic (was a couple years ago)
Attached Images

andijim screwed with this post 07-24-2007 at 02:17 PM
andijim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #127
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by andijim
yep they are half sister originaly from Russia with a VERY bumpy road (still not easy at all after four years , but it is very worth it .........
Andijim, I'm sure I'm not the only one here wishing you and your girls all the luck in the world as you travel that bumpy road, it can't be easy, but i'm sure there are days when you can't believe your luck as well.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #128
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Nuke
Daughter checking out my Harro. Circa 1979.

Earth Shoes, or Roots?

Great thread, everyone. Mine is just seven, and the requests to take her have been increasing in frequency. Soon.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #129
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

Oddometer: 1,556
My daughter just turn 6 and she want to ride with me. I bought her a helmet and kid riding belt ( http://www.riderzragz.com/ ). The belt will keep her strapped to me. It even has handles for her to hold on to. I just have to convince her Mom.
Name:  princesson bike2B.jpg
Views: 13307
Size:  46.8 KB
Tail Gunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #130
SPACEWIFE
VOICE OF REASON

Oddometer: 1,204
I just saw this thread and it really touched my heart!!. Good Dads are the best mentor a girl can have. I rode often with my dad when I was a teen. First Skyline drive on his Bridgestone 175, then Leesburg and Lovettsville, VA from Alex, VA on his Honda 160, and then all over the place on his Kawasaki 350. We went everwhere together on every Saturday we could get away. My Mom was happy to just stay home. Now that I have Grandchildren (one of which rides), I often remember those very precious times with my Dad.

You young guys keep up the good work!!

Riding slow can be an art form

"THE Lovely and Talented Wife"

A voice of reason in an unreasonable world
SPACEWIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #131
Wes Weber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
dlrides -

Thanks for starting such a great thread. It's been nice to see you and your daughter, plus about 130 other father/daughter pairs that have a good time riding.

But it's obvious in every case that its about way more than riding. I can vouch for that.

91 KTM 300 EXC
89 FJ1200
97 Gas Gas JTX270
Wes Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:34 AM   #132
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
... I replied, "Friends come and go. Sure, I care about them, but the feelings I have for you so far outweigh that, I can't even measure it. I care about every scratch you get, every pain. I was there at your first doctor's visit, and nearly every one since. You're constantly on my mind. I take better care of myself because of you. No friend I ever had, or could ever have could come close to how I feel about you. You're so much more than a friend, I can't even describe it."
YOU HAD ME AT "AM I YOUR BEST FRIEND?"

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #133
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Great thread...
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #134
MissFenderFine
Now Offically De-n00bed!

Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus McGee
You know...

Ever since that little girl was born, she's had me wrapped around her little finger.

A couple of weeks ago, she asked me a question. "Am I your best friend?"

I paused. "Be careful, Angus. This is one of those defining moments in your child's life."

I replied, "Friends come and go. Sure, I care about them, but the feelings I have for you so far outweigh that, I can't even measure it. I care about every scratch you get, every pain. I was there at your first doctor's visit, and nearly every one since. You're constantly on my mind. I take better care of myself because of you. No friend I ever had, or could ever have could come close to how I feel about you. You're so much more than a friend, I can't even describe it."

She got up, walked over, and lovingly put her head on my chest.

Guys, I'm a firm believer that the little girls God blessed us with love bikes because we love bikes. If we loved tennis, or Jeeps or anything, those little girls would be right there with us. It's just that they want to be with us. What our hobbies are is secondary.

Cherish those little angels. They grow and change way, way too fast and before you know it, they're gone with their own lives and their own adventures.
Wow! Your daughter is blessed to have a dad like you...

What a beautiful thread!

Sometimes I'm here...sometimes I'm not.
MissFenderFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #135
Wout67
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,138
thanks for the nice comments all.

I feel I'm the one who's blessed to have the honor of someone on this planet that calls me "Dad."

She's a great kid.

I know that wasn't the original intent of this thread, but I had to add my two cents about fatherhood.

www.iamsecond.com
Wout67 is offline   Reply With Quote