ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
Wmac OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
TN Dirt Devil Riders

I thought it would be fun to get a thread going for anyone who has or wants to ride the Tennessee Dirt Devil.

I've ridden it solo a couple times on my KLR in the past couple months and it is a lot of fun. It isn't very technical - mostly dirt roads. There are about 10 creek crossings. Some deeper than others.

You can see some pics and buy a map here: http://www.dualpurposetn.com/Trail_Details.html

If you've got a story, pics or a desire to ride it, post up!

One of the many creek crossings on Cavender.
Wmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
angusbeef83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
New-ish to adv riding, and I've done a few sections of the DD solo, but hesitant to hit it too hard alone. Would love to get together for a group ride.
2009 FZ1 (Sold)
angusbeef83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
Wmac OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusbeef83 View Post
New-ish to adv riding, and I've done a few sections of the DD solo, but hesitant to hit it too hard alone. Would love to get together for a group ride.
I'm in the same boat. I'm out of town this weekend, but, the afternoon of the 18th would work!
Wmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
Belaflek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
hit up ribfest in Hickman Co hosted by BMW guys of mid tn
http://www.bmwmcon.org/ribfest.php
good times
Belaflek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
angusbeef83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
18th is no good for me....leaving for a ride in East TN, but I am actually going to be at Ribfest on Friday for the Intermediate School Adv Riders International is putting on. Should be a good way to improve my skills as a new adv rider.
2009 FZ1 (Sold)
angusbeef83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
outlaws justice
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
I have been coming Down to Nashville to teach Total Control Advanced riding clinics for a few years now, this last trip I brought along my Dirt bike and spent a little time also doing some MX riding. I do lessons for Adventure bikes as well and if there is enough interest I would be willing to bring along my ADV Bike and spend a Weekday working with a small group on some of the stuff to help you get comfortable riding off the beaten path with your ADV Bikes.

We can work on what ever you would like from Standing and steering with your legs, riding over stuff, gravel, hills etc. The Level we do will be up to the group.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
ADVRIDINT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
ADV Schools at Ribfest Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusbeef83 View Post
18th is no good for me....leaving for a ride in East TN, but I am actually going to be at Ribfest on Friday for the Intermediate School Adv Riders International is putting on. Should be a good way to improve my skills as a new adv rider.
We are looking forward to hosting the schools at Ribfest Rally.

These schools will be taught by Lorne Banks, a factory trained and certified full-time professional instructor.

You'll be glad that you signed up...
ADVRIDINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,492
Please don't think of this as a thread jump, it is just additional info for consideration. I have ridden at least some (maybe all?) of the Dirt Devil, and hopefully I'll be at RibFest by noon Saturday. I highly recommend both!

There is also a small group of us that gather at Land Between the Lakes twice a year for a little light Dual Sport and ADV riding.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997569

The skill levels there are everything from old racers who can't seem to let it go, to absolute beginners in the off pavement world. The evenings and camping aspects tend to be as enjoyable as the riding. There are no formal riding lessons, but everyone there is more than willing to share advice.

Hit the Dirt Devil, get to Ribfest, and hope to see you at Energy Lake in November.
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:32 AM   #9
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,859
Ever since dumping my bike on a creek crossing all alone 30 miles from home in Hickman Co I am a little unnerved about crossing on my own. Last group ride I did in the area we crossed 5 or 6 crossings without an issue but I am still a little concerned about being stranded alone again (wet cell phone too). There is some great riding in the area, I am tagging onto this thread so I can follow along.

Also.....I can only speak Highly of Outlaws Justice.....I have taken two motorcycle safety courses he teaches and learned so much from both!
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote