ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #2191
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,567
Sat

Sweet! 7:30am @ DSRider's it is (same bat time same bat channel).

Mudpig,

I still have my old tail light in perfect condition because I replaced it with the DRZ250 model. I did however already offer this to Scott?? during the oct. 25th ride, but have yet to hear from him. If I can get 2 DSRider's to agree that he's been given ample time to contact me & pick it up then its yours free of charge. Also, I think running horse was just going to be the start of our ride, I think our ultimate destination was a place called New Idria??

JP
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #2192
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Thumb lights-camera-action

I will see if my tail lights arrive by saturday. If they don't I can just borrow the DR650 light until mine arrives...Got my heater fixed, man that feels good!!!
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #2193
dsrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 731
Update

West side canals & Kings river basin up to Idrea mine

Today, 11:26 AM #2190
mudpig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64

Where are we going?

With Running Horse, closed, what are the options? I still haven't got a tail light, may have to patch together a broken one just so I can ride saturday. Had to stay home today waiting for heater repair, blower went out so it's big $$$. was thinking about looking at that husky today but have to stay home......

Tahoe Rubicon June 26-28/2009 Ride details see www.dsrider.com or email

Ideas welcome The adventure continues..... More to come as the plans are hammered out.
Fresno dual sport club wwwdsrider.com email dsriders@gmail.com

All welcome. John 3:16-17 Matt 6:33-34 SUAR www.dsrider.com we could use a camera/photographer for the ride
dsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #2194
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Tail light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig
I will see if my tail lights arrive by saturday. If they don't I can just borrow the DR650 light until mine arrives...Got my heater fixed, man that feels good!!!
No Problem at all, PM me friday afternoon/evening(or whenever) & we'll meet up if they don't come in. I don't know why I was trying to give it away since you already ordered a new one, guess I'm always trying to get rid of unused stuff .

JP
Old 12-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #2195
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
times up

the tailight offer expired

theres one

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #2196
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevele5
the tailight offer expired

theres one
+1
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #2197
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
ok

now that the riding area over at running horse has been declared off limits
and we hope lajolla is able to recoup some of thier investment from the property, we are now looking forward to being wet and cold and maybe muddy heading west.

good news on the dr, the clutch went in perfectly the first time, last time i had to disassemble it 3 times to get it right and it was still wrong and the clutch fried on then way to swamp. well this time thanks to some helpful insights from dsrider the job went smooth as kessler or silk whichever your in the habit to prefer. so new oil, new clutch, clean steels, some reconnected parts which came dislodged during the collision with hst in the desert during a daring inside pass manuver which turned out to not be so daring but stupid enough to cause bodily injury to the buttocks of one hst and dislodge some valuable husyy plastic and break the apparently low impact lighting not suited for dual sport is this a run on sentence so anyway i am ready to go sat rain sleet or fog or cold or or or or............. see you all whoever you might be no fairweather friends i bet...only the true believers show up for a ride like this one or the criminally insane at the shop

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #2198
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
now that the riding area over at running horse has been declared off limits
and we hope lajolla is able to recoup some of thier investment from the property, we are now looking forward to being wet and cold and maybe muddy heading west.

good news on the dr, the clutch went in perfectly the first time, last time i had to disassemble it 3 times to get it right and it was still wrong and the clutch fried on then way to swamp. well this time thanks to some helpful insights from dsrider the job went smooth as kessler or silk whichever your in the habit to prefer. so new oil, new clutch, clean steels, some reconnected parts which came dislodged during the collision with hst in the desert during a daring inside pass manuver which turned out to not be so daring but stupid enough to cause bodily injury to the buttocks of one hst and dislodge some valuable husyy plastic and break the apparently low impact lighting not suited for dual sport is this a run on sentence so anyway i am ready to go sat rain sleet or fog or cold or or or or............. see you all whoever you might be no fairweather friends i bet...only the true believers show up for a ride like this one or the criminally insane at the shop
Hell yeah! I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, so I'll go with criminally insane true believer!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #2199
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Talking who are the crazy ones?

Rain in the forecast with a high of 52, sounds like a great day to ride....
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #2200
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
MotoGP250?

For you race fans-
FIM announced rules to replace 250's with 600cc four-strokes. There'll be control ECU's that limit r.p.m. according to # of cylinders, and weight limit will be according to # of cylinders. Should be interesting.
HST
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #2201
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,763
Quote:
no fairweather friends i bet...only the true believers show up for a ride like this one or the criminally insane at the shop

HAH! I should be there to say hi, but I don't think I'll be ridin. Too cold and wet for me, I NEVER ride when it is incliment weather.

Have fun!
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #2202
Mattb2bz
Metal Man

Oddometer: 197
Thumb 250 MotoGP 2 strokes gone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200
For you race fans-
FIM announced rules to replace 250's with 600cc four-strokes. There'll be control ECU's that limit r.p.m. according to # of cylinders, and weight limit will be according to # of cylinders. Should be interesting.
HST
Man I hate to see the 2 strokes going the way of the Dinosaurs. Love smelling bean oil and hearing the high pitch wail. But "maybe" some trickle down effect with high tech goodies for smaller cc sport bikes.
I can't imagine them going much quicker or winding any tighter than they already are though.
39 Indian Stroker Scout

Mattb2bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #2203
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

" HAH! I should be there to say hi, but I don't think I'll be ridin. Too cold and wet for me, I NEVER ride when it is incliment weather. "

Come on Monti, its going to be great! It looks as though you've got all the gear, come on.........its not going to rain, It'll just be a little foggy for the first 50 miles or so....

JP
Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #2204
dsrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 731

Tahoe Rubicon June 26-28/2009 Ride details see www.dsrider.com or email

Ideas welcome The adventure continues..... More to come as the plans are hammered out.
Fresno dual sport club wwwdsrider.com email dsriders@gmail.com

All welcome. John 3:16-17 Matt 6:33-34 SUAR www.dsrider.com we could use a camera/photographer for the ride
dsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #2205
tarmacter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Pissed The break up....I DUMPED FRESNO BMW!

Well...I finally did it...called up Cycle Specialties/Modesto BMW and made the switch......So that's what BMW service feels like?! NICE!

As you all know, I have been beleaguered with shitty service ever since buying my X-MOTO from Fresno BMW; yet, I just tried to ignore it and be cool...even after giving them a fair price for the bike and spending like $3000 on RETAIL accessories at their shop.

But today was the last straw: About a month ago, I placed an order for my front wheel spacers(lost em' last tire change), and had to park the bike while I waited 4 weeks for them to come in.

I had not heard from FBMW yet, no calls, no emails, nothing.....so I called em' up today...and check this: THEY GOT THE SPACERS EARLY, BUT THEN SENT EM' RIGHT BACK TO FREAKING GERMANY! Why: "I didn't pick them up." What a bunch of dumb-asses. Apparently, they expect their customers to just magically "pop in" and pick up their parts...forget about calling people back to say "Hey, your parts in early", let alone a courtesy call to say "We're going to send that super important part you needed back to germany because you haven't picked it up...you sure you don't want to come by?"

WTF?! Anyways, moral of the story I kind of blew up at the messenger because the main parts guy KEITH wasn't there. But he'll get his on tuesday, bright and early.

Out of all of this, I still have a lot of respect for Tanner(sales)...but as for the other turkeys he works with...they had just better hope Fresno PD doesn't start buying Honda.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Stay the F away from these guys. FRESNO BMW WILL BEND YOU OVER! ......ah....that was nice to get off my chest(it's been a long aggravating ride).....thanks for reading.

tarmacter screwed with this post 12-12-2008 at 04:55 PM
tarmacter is offline   Reply With Quote