ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #2311
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Oddometer: 448
Mo, the week is all open for me too- what day is best for you (I don't seem to have you r ph. # mine's 676.0220)? Tomorrow's as good as any huh? I replaced the stock regulator w/ the Baja reg/rect to power all the DC stuff. I've been advised it'll hold up as long as I leave a load on it like the headlight. Maybe "re-wind" is a misnomer as my stock stator had only 4 of 10 lighting circuit poles wound to begin with. Now I've done the other 6. I'd post the pics but can't figure out how. How does one post pics anyhow?

redwave screwed with this post 12-29-2008 at 11:05 AM
redwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #2312
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwave
Mo, the week is all open for me too- what day is best for you ... Tomorrow's as good as any huh?
Humm Tuesday would likely be good, I could Monday after work. I need to take some water samples and do some quick inspections, and then a run over to the lab. I could be clear from work by 1200ish. Wednesday is out (New Years Eve) and Thursday I will likely need to sleep most of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwave
I'd post the pics but can't figure out how. How does one post pics anyhow?
I think attachments are disabled, er they were the other day at least. Something to do with a server update.

Is anyone else up for a ride? Do you have a destination in mind RWD? If we are going to play in the snow I am studding my tires one way or another, so that means trucking up the hill. The other day was a miserable sliding mess. Has anyone ever studded thier tires before?

~

Michael
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #2313
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Tuesday

Tuesday sounds fine I've no idea where though. The only possible spoiler for me is if there is a job to be had but I don't think anything is going to gel for me that quick. I put the epoxy on the windings today so a little more set up time is probably a good idea anyway. I'll put it all back together Mon. I am pretty sure I don't wanna go snow diving, wrecking or eating...What about the New Idria thing, did you go?

Powerman, anything lowland between Merced and Mariposa?

Foothills toward Squaw Valley?-- Hell I don't know where's a good run lowish.

The weather should be good this week, that's one good thing...
Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #2314
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Redwave, I can get us from Raymond to Mariposa on mostly dirt, but its a crapshoot as to where the snow is around there. We can try. I'm not too crazy about leaving real early, it gets real cold at hwy speed in the morning.
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:33 AM   #2315
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerman
Redwave, I can get us from Raymond to Mariposa on mostly dirt, but its a crapshoot as to where the snow is around there. We can try. I'm not too crazy about leaving real early, it gets real cold at hwy speed in the morning.
Woot! Is that an "I'm in!" from Powerman?? Ok I have to go into work around 1000 today, I will give you a call when I get ready to cut loose from work RedWave.

I would even be willing to truck part of the trip. We should be able to shove three plated dirtbikes in my truck. I could pick you up around Academy and 168 or what ever is closest to you RWD.

Not suggesting hollister, but that was sooooooooo much fun the other day!! It has been prolly two years since I have been out there. Somewhere similar might be fun. I like the high speed tight stuff, if either of you have been there, recall Peats Pass? That was the highlight of the trip without a doubt!!!

~

Michael
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #2316
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Sorry, but I just got off the phone with the vet, tomorrow noon is the soonest they can see my dog. I'd feel bad making her wait any longer. (her left hind leg hasn't worked since a good run we had last week)
I can go today or Wednesday.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #2317
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Thumb Let's go

I'm all put back together and ready to run, @ hm meet in Raymond 'round 12-12:30?

Tues and/or wed are good so far too

redwave screwed with this post 12-29-2008 at 11:04 AM
Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #2318
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,504
poor girl, hope it's nothing serious.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #2319
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

R U coming w/ us Layne? Today? Tues? Wed?

We're on: Redwave and Montibank mtg @ O'neals turnoff 1:30p today, mtg Powerman in Raymond 2-2:15p. Come one come all

redwave screwed with this post 12-29-2008 at 11:24 AM
Old 12-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #2320
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Bluhduh Finally

I finally replaced turn signals on my xr400 today, also repaired tail light, all Barstow to vegas casualties. Today was actually the first day in several weeks my back was well enough to allow me to do the crouching/bending/stooping stuff required for simple bike repairs! And I do okay riding the bike, it is just the walking/standing etc. that seems to bring on the sciatica. Now I find the headlight's not working. Think bulb is burned out as wiring looks okay. Crap, the Dr 650 is at the shop getting handlebars (bent stock ones) so I still don't have a dirt bike to ride, unless I ride Honda without headlight (yeah I know it's a no-no), then for sure better be home before dark. Wednesday out for me, have to wait for satellite guy to install HD upgrade (between noon and 5 0n New Year's Day?), you know how timely those guys are.....

mudpig screwed with this post 12-29-2008 at 08:10 PM
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #2321
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
you guys are driving me crazy

I want to go ride so bad i cant stand it. I got the valves and springs to Ryan but now we are waiting on a retaing nut or some such crap. I think I may have her back on new years eve which meens i am down for new years day ride if anyone else wants to hook up. dirt preferable to street for break-in.
shazamdrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #2322
powerman
Studly Adventurer

I'm home, it was a quick afternoon ride. Had to get off the hill before the road turned into a popsicle. Thanks, for thinking this trip up.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #2323
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Wicked Honda is hot to trot!

Fixed the headlight, found a loose connection. Practiced the cold start XR400 drill, rode it to the gas station and practiced the hot start XR400 drill. Could ride dirt tomorrow, Thursday or Friday...If somebody wants to do a street ride I'll take the ZZR1200...
Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #2324
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Wink Thinking of replacing my dr650 with this..

RARE! 2003 Yamaha WR 450F CA plated w/ elec start - $3800 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)

Reply to: sale-972746715@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-28, 10:20PM PST

RARE! 2003 Yamaha WR 450 elec start w/ CA PlateBike has no CA smog b.s.

Jetted properly

CA current plate (They will not come and take this plate back...this bike was grandfathered in)

Baja Designs Enduro Lights Kit

White Brothers Exhaust

GPR steering stabilizer with FLY bars.

Bike rips. These bikes are very rare to find.

Elec / Kick start

209-743-2940

Willing to trade for KTM / Yamaha supermoto ONLY... will include cash on a nicer bike.

They are about 50 pounds lighter and have about 15 more horsepower than the dr650. The wr450 with electric start could only be plated for 2003-2004 model years and the plated models are rare, base price seems to be around $4k. Comments???
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #2325
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Laugh Home safe

Got in maybe 30 mins ago, but as it is 34F outside I went from too cold to just regular cold over a cup of hot cocoa. Thanks Powerman for the best fast lowland dirt road I've been on, Thank you Montibank for your undying flexibility to make the ride happen-man you were hauling ass coming back down that sweet dirt paradise!!

Okay, who's in for when? Tus? Wed? Thurs? Fri? etc. etc?

Mudpig, I don't know anything about 'em- just buy it and we'll all know! Looks awesome