ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #7666
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Damn Tom. Hope you heal up quick. Is the bike in better shape than your face? (he asks callously)

As for Steens- I'm thinking of taking 5-day weekend or something. Probably take a toy-hauler up to predtermined base-camp. Just a thought. I'd also be down for taking the DRZ all the way and rough it.
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #7667
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Sorry to hear it Tom. Glad your ok. For what it's worth, my scapula hurts too. And my face always feels better than it looks...
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #7668
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,721
Glad I didn't name my kid Tom - Yall have rotten luck!

Damn fellers ... that is rough you know I will be there if either of you need help. Just let me know how I can be of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200 View Post
I think not riding brings on depression for such as us- and depression may manifest itself in medical symptoms. I want to start planning another epic ride (like taking my 83 XR350 from Ludlow CA to Goldfield NV all dirt, no maps or GPS- on a whim- that was EPIC). I'm thinking Steens Mountains/ Alvord Desert area in S/E Oregon this spring. Probably late spring. I'm just looking for a show of interest- from you guys who I've ridden with and enjoy the company of. It may be my last good ride for awhile and will give me a goal to work for. I can do it solo, but probably isn't smart. If we plan as a group, now is probably a good time to start.
Interested - if I can do it I would love to get in on this. Plannin and the ride if I can... Hell if all I can do is help with plannin maybe that would help stave off the pangs.

As far as the depression goes - understand that. Wife never will - getting to the point that I couldn't give a F less if she understands. As long as I get out once a month as promised I will be a good little spineless domestic assistant in the interim.

I responded on CVR to your other post. Call me when you are off work ( I know you work crazy 36 hour shifts and I always feel like I may be waking you up ). If you want to round up the parts I would love a project, the berg would fit the bill nicely. I have some guys bike that I have never even met in my garage right now workin on it cause I cant afford to work on my toys. The kind of project that is at someone else is paying for are the best .

That and it will give me the chance to put that footpeg spring back in that I lost in rubicon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200 View Post
As for Steens- I'm thinking of taking 5-day weekend or something. Probably take a toy-hauler up to predtermined base-camp. Just a thought. I'd also be down for taking the DRZ all the way and rough it.
If we don't end up with a toy hauler I have a 1987 29' non-toyhauler trailer I picked up during the summer we could take the beds out of in the rear and try to get two bikes inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
Dumped my ZZR on Old Millerton Road Monday. Got onto the shoulder and did a highside. Had a flip up full face, it ripped offf at the hinge and the shield went too. Was going about 40, landed face first. Was unconcious, Carl called 911, went to hospital, nothing broken..Right scapula hurts, face feels better than it looks...
Hope you are ok yourself, bikes are replacable - people not. Are you back home or still at the hospital?

ZZR would have undoubtedly be my undoing, I knew if I were on it too much I would go down. Just way too nice to ride responsably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
And my face always feels better than it looks...

Particullarly aweful shot sent to me via MMS last saturday. Fawker heheh...

montibank screwed with this post 12-15-2010 at 09:04 PM
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #7669
chip
Follow Me

[

Quote:
Particullarly aweful shot sent to me via MMS last saturday. Fawker heheh...
I swear that was powermans idea, you can ask anyone. I would never give you the adv salute first. I was actually saying how much we all missed your being there, and powerman says "lets take a picture of you flipping the bird at him..."
Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #7670
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Thumbs down bike

ZZR needs windshield, right mirror, right fairing, front fairing, and headlight assembly.. Going to look for used body parts...
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #7671
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Chip's a rat!
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #7672
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerman View Post
Chip's a rat!
Monti, IMO it's an honor to recieve the ADV salute from fellow inmates, it's also funny and Chip is a rat! Ha Ha. We were all sorry you couldn't be there! Once a month riding?, you are a spineless domestic (ass)istant! sorry Monti.

pcvance screwed with this post 12-16-2010 at 01:36 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #7673
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,721
Quote:
[

I swear that was powermans idea, you can ask anyone. I would never give you the adv salute first. I was actually saying how much we all missed your being there, and powerman says "lets take a picture of you flipping the bird at him..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerman View Post
Chip's a rat!

LMAO - back pedaling I love it!!

Seriously though, made my day. Included me when I couldn't be there in body, but made me there in spirit, if only for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Monti, IMO it's an honor to recieve the ADV salute from fellow inmates, it's also funny and Chip is a rat! Ha Ha. We were all sorry you couldn't be there! Once a month riding?, you are a spineless domestic (ass)istant! sorry Monti.
Agreed ahahhah I think yer gonna fit right in Mr. Vance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
ZZR needs windshield, right mirror, right fairing, front fairing, and headlight assembly.. Going to look for used body parts...
Sucks man ... sorry. APF near my house - want me to make a parts run?
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #7674
chip
Follow Me

Now I'm a rat... I've been called much worse I guess
Old 12-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #7675
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
I still love you brother
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #7676
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Now I'm a rat... I've been called much worse I guess
Chip,a FAST rat, you are!Monti, the salute was from the group, not just Chip, he's just our scapegoat.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #7677
chip
Follow Me

There you go. You'd be a fast rat too if you had a big cat like powerman chasing you for the past 2 years...
Old 12-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #7678
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
There you go. You'd be a fast rat too if you had a big cat like powerman chasing you for the past 2 years...
Yep, that's why I'm following you guys.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #7679
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Hey, is anyone from CVDSR going to the WARPED ADV rally in Kernville this coming April? Looks like a fun weekend.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #7680
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
The photoshopped version

It's called "Ddn't criticize your wife's cooking" Alternative story, wife asked how many women I'd been sleeping with. I said none, honey, I only sleep with you. I stay awake with everyone else!
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote