ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #8416
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200 View Post
Hogback/Dry Creek/Drum Valley/245... Peg-scraping heaven!
HST
Tom you scare me...

Heheh gots me a weddin ta git to thow ... Kaint go ridin as much as I wan'ter.

AND

DING DING DING ! WE HAVE US A WINNER!

One dead voltage regulator for the win!

New one already installed and bike is finally Dualsportin worthy again!

montibank screwed with this post 05-13-2011 at 05:32 PM
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #8417
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers View Post
Andrew is right...
...that must have hurt...
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:47 AM   #8418
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,978
Hello again, fellow ADVers. Wife and I completed our epic, 14-day journey to our new home in Ceres. (I know, I know, but its cheap, safe, and close to work) Started the new job, which is amazing and we are busy exploring the area...farmers markets, coffee joints, food, live music, gun ranges, etc etc.

Good stuff so far. Modesto is no where near as bad as the internet makes it seem. Shit you should have seen where I lived in NY. Just as "bad", 2x as expensive and in the middle of the rat race.

I'm jonesing bad for a bike. Look at this beauty here. 07 so last year of the RFS engine and 100% street legal. Great price and local. Want. So. Bad. Wife would have my nuts though. I promised I would not get another dual sport bike until we bought a house. I did wrangle her into letting me get a <3k street bike....something Japanese...sport tourer...2-upable. Kind of like my 02 FZ1. Maybe Bandit 1200, V-Strom, etc. The good news is that houses are so cheap around here it might be sooner rather than later. Just have to really scout out areas close to Modesto before laying down roots. Not a decision to enter lightly.

If I had the quid, this beautiful Tiger in the Bay area would be my dream bike. It has amazing ergos, wicked triple power and fits simian-sized guys like me well. (WiseBlood on ADV lives in NY and owns one....he is 6'11" and looks normal on it)

Will keep looking. This place is made for motorcycles, eh? Lane splitting, sunshine every day....why didn't I do this 10 years ago...I would still be young and have the toys I need.

Alas for now I can only drive around in my cage and dream of riding again.

Hopefully we can meet up, share a cigar and a few laughs this summer.
Stay safe out there, and look for the grinning idiot in the Silver Saturn with an ADV sticker.
-Dave
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #8419
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
I'm glad you made it!
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #8420
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Wink

"Good stuff so far. Modesto is no where near as bad as the internet makes it seem. Shit you should have seen where I lived in NY. Just as "bad", 2x as expensive and in the middle of the rat race."

Good news is you're catching the down side of housing prices. However, predictions are they will continue to decrease in Modesto for another year before they start going up again, just something to consider.

If you have a chance, check out TNT raceway. New slot car track in Modesto, sure you can find address on internet, contact me if you can't. They have a very active race program and a good group of guys. They're just off the freeway and north of Kansas exit. Good place to meet lots of new people in town.
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #8421
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
"Good stuff so far. Modesto is no where near as bad as the internet makes it seem. Shit you should have seen where I lived in NY. Just as "bad", 2x as expensive and in the middle of the rat race."

Good news is you're catching the down side of housing prices. However, predictions are they will continue to decrease in Modesto for another year before they start going up again, just something to consider.

If you have a chance, check out TNT raceway. New slot car track in Modesto, sure you can find address on internet, contact me if you can't. They have a very active race program and a good group of guys. They're just off the freeway and north of Kansas exit. Good place to meet lots of new people in town.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I've done a ton of electric and gas 1/10 scale off-road RC starting from the Audi Quattro rally, Wild Willy and Clod Buster all the way till about 6-7 years ago when I had a modded nitro TMAXX (1st gen) and raced a Losi XXT electric stadium truck. Sold all the trucks but still have the tools....slots would be cheaper too. Hmmmm.....

PS How much hotter does it get here? I'm a fat, sweaty bastard. I need to drop some serious LBs or I'm gonna be in trouble in a month or so. I'm already sweating like a Hooker in church.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #8422
FoothillRyder
Tiger Cub

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
PS How much hotter does it get here? I'm a fat, sweaty bastard. I need to drop some serious LBs or I'm gonna be in trouble in a month or so. I'm already sweating like a Hooker in church.
Welcome to the central valley. You'll see temps above 100 degrees on a pretty regular basis starting next month and running through September - but it's a (relatively) dry heat. ;)

Weather is everywhere. No point in complainin'.

Good luck lad!
- FoothillRyder AMA# 289558, BIR #47, COP #001
'97 Trophy 900, '98 Tiger, '03 Speed Triple 955i

My Blog: http://foothillryder.com/
FoothillRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #8423
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,763
Cool2

Quote:
I'm already sweating like a Hooker in church.
If this weather has got you sweatin already yer in for a treat... Whats the budget bike you bought?

Oh ya welcome aboard!
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:20 AM   #8424
artwalsh
MacArthur

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Hello again, fellow ADVers. Wife and I completed our epic, 14-day journey to our new home in Ceres. (I know, I know, but its cheap, safe, and close to work) Started the new job, which is amazing and we are busy exploring the area...farmers markets, coffee joints, food, live music, gun ranges, etc etc.

Good stuff so far. Modesto is no where near as bad as the internet makes it seem. Shit you should have seen where I lived in NY. Just as "bad", 2x as expensive and in the middle of the rat race.

I'm jonesing bad for a bike. Look at this beauty here. 07 so last year of the RFS engine and 100% street legal. Great price and local. Want. So. Bad. Wife would have my nuts though. I promised I would not get another dual sport bike until we bought a house. I did wrangle her into letting me get a <3k street bike....something Japanese...sport tourer...2-upable. Kind of like my 02 FZ1. Maybe Bandit 1200, V-Strom, etc. The good news is that houses are so cheap around here it might be sooner rather than later. Just have to really scout out areas close to Modesto before laying down roots. Not a decision to enter lightly.

If I had the quid, this beautiful Tiger in the Bay area would be my dream bike. It has amazing ergos, wicked triple power and fits simian-sized guys like me well. (WiseBlood on ADV lives in NY and owns one....he is 6'11" and looks normal on it)

Will keep looking. This place is made for motorcycles, eh? Lane splitting, sunshine every day....why didn't I do this 10 years ago...I would still be young and have the toys I need.

Alas for now I can only drive around in my cage and dream of riding again.

Hopefully we can meet up, share a cigar and a few laughs this summer.
Stay safe out there, and look for the grinning idiot in the Silver Saturn with an ADV sticker.
-Dave
Hey buddy. I work for sbux here in modesto/ceres. I make a damn fine cup if I don't say so myself. Stop by and introduce yourself some time. Ill be working tomorrow night in downtown modesto, next to brendon movie theater. Stop by sometime after 4...or simply reply here.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #8425
MikeinFresno
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
You know Monti Ive owned 7 KTMs and never had a VR go out. Wonder if it is you.....

Chip do I see some bikes for sale??
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #8426
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwalsh View Post
Hey buddy. I work for sbux here in modesto/ceres. I make a damn fine cup if I don't say so myself. Stop by and introduce yourself some time. Ill be working tomorrow night in downtown modesto, next to brendon movie theater. Stop by sometime after 4...or simply reply here.
Heading into Modesto now...going to hit McHenry Museum to see the bike exhibit and swing by the Starbucks after 4 and pick up a grande somethingorother. I'm a huge fat white guy that married waaay way up...
you can't miss us...might stop by TnT too...hope to meet some of you FFS.

-Dave
Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #8427
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Hey Art....was really nice meeting you. It still amazes me how something so simple as a love of motorcycling can link up people all over the world...and when the conversation starts that shared passion is pretty cool.

Always good to meet another inmate...however it had a detrimental side effect. I couldn't stop thinking about riding dirt all day.

I guess if there was a season here to be without a bike, for me the summer would be that season. Give me cold weather riding over heat any day.

We should meet up for some brews and a cigar herf. Do you guys have any regular meet-ups?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #8428
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Since I picked up the new BRP, there is no need for the 450 anymore. And my wife wants something a little smaller than a dr and a little bigger than the 230, so we're ditching both of those bikes and looking for a wrr for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinFresno View Post
You know Monti Ive owned 7 KTMs and never had a VR go out. Wonder if it is you.....

Chip do I see some bikes for sale??
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #8429
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,567
Blackrock 5-11

Blackrock 5-11 from Justin Paccassi on Vimeo.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #8430
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,188
Question Red Mt. this weekend anyone? Goat&Bolt BBQ 5-20-22

I'll be heading over to Red Mt. Friday afternoon 5-20 and coming back Sunday afternoon 5-22 anyone interested?, I have some room in the truck. PM me. I'll be tent camping, potluck BBQ Saturday nite.The weather is lookin' good 73 on friday 70 on saturday.

pcvance screwed with this post 05-16-2011 at 01:54 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote