ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #10171
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Caren's new hawg:

Thanks for the hot tip Perrry, I owe you a free beer at warped LMAO, might even spring for one some other time too! Damn good price on it @ $700!!
Wow, Mike, you didn't waste any time! When I spotted it, your name was all over it.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #10172
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Wow, Mike, you didn't waste any time! When I spotted it, your name was all over it.
My name was on it?

Ooooh you mean cheapass.... Hah yes that it did. If the shoe fits I'll wear it with pride.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #10173
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Nice video Justin. I will be in DV next week getting a look at Titus Cyn. for the first time.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #10174
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Wicked Karen's new wheels

What, no plate. I thought you'd be getting a SM kit for her?
I looked at the picture, looks very clean and low seat height so she can reach the ground with her feet. Looking at my old DR in that photo made me think of my Barstow-Vegas ride on that baby. Original turn signals and tail light were hanging by duct tape at the end of that ride. Michael, you are the beneficiary of that ride, look at the cool tail light, rear turn signals, and license plate mount on that machine! All were needed mods. after BV, as were the new Renthal bars!
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #10175
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,526
Quote:
Hey Justin,

I'd like to leave here Friday night and come home Sunday afternoon.... Truck/tent camping near water tank #3 near Cal City.
I have room for 3 bikes/riders including myself if we use the trailer, if only two of us, we will fit it all in the truck.

Perry
Went for a ride last night to North Fork & back, I think I still need to be only doing light duty riding at the moment. I know if I'm in the desert that I won't be able to hold back & may hurt myself even more. Hope you have a good time, I'm sure we'll all be riding the good stuff together again in no time.

JP
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #10176
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Caren's new hawg:

Thanks for the hot tip Perrry, I owe you a free beer at warped LMAO, might even spring for one some other time too! Damn good price on it @ $700!!

Sweet holy crap Batman, is that a 96 tooth rear sprocket on that bike!?! You could bake a medium sized pizza on that thing.....
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #10177
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
What, no plate. I thought you'd be getting a SM kit for her?
Look closer... Its plated. And if she likes it well enough there may be a sumo kit in its future. Already hearing about cafe racer mentions on adv with them. 13 hp cafe racer... Downhill bike :b About the tailight - I am going to order up that same one for her machine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Sweet holy crap Batman, is that a 96 tooth rear sprocket on that bike!?! You could bake a medium sized pizza on that thing.....
Hell ya that sproket is HUGE! Perfect for he to crawl over rocks... Check this out... It has a 6 speed tranny in it! It'll likely still hit 50 with that gearing hehe. Someone put some money in this... Its got dual rated after market springs on the rear the stockers being waaaay too soft (one of the main downsides from what I hear in my research).

Dying to tear the damn thing apart and look at all the bits and pieces
Old 03-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #10178
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Wink Oh yeah

Now I see the plate. What's the size of that motor? Any hop-up equipment available? Pistons, carbs, porting,valves, exhaust, etc??? I've had some little bikes that hauled butt with the right performance mods...Had a Hodaka 100 that would pull the front wheel up on the 3 to 4 shift...
Old 03-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #10179
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Puke never mind

Looked at your link, performance parts there. It's always about money and time..
http://www.bjracing.com/tlr200.html
Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #10180
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,143
nice, mike.

that looks like a whole lotta fun.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #10181
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
Now I see the plate. What's the size of that motor? Any hop-up equipment available? Pistons, carbs, porting,valves, exhaust, etc??? I've had some little bikes that hauled butt with the right performance mods...Had a Hodaka 100 that would pull the front wheel up on the 3 to 4 shift...
I think ... Its essentially an XR200 motor? Read that somewhere I think when i was doing my research looking for the perfect bike for caren.

Aside from tlc i think the only essential mod will be a gel seat to replace that 12" of rediculousness on top of it right now :p it feels slightly stiffer then a down pillow... Weirdness.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #10182
montibank
Happy

Wow ... This is certainly my month! Just may have found a replacement for the quad for my kiddos that I just sold...

http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/2916832192.html

And with all the dough I saved on the tlr I just might be able to afford it next month too! Downside the guy selling didnt post a price... Don't wanna call too soon / look too eager... But these can't come up that often... Decisions decisions!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #10183
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,698
Anyone want to ride this weekend?

I had to ditch the desert ride this weekend, but would like to do some local stuff instead, anyone interested?
One idea is to do the forks of the Kaweah, North, South and East forks. This is an easy day ride with a few miles of dirt roads and lots of twisty slab....or

pcvance screwed with this post 03-23-2012 at 10:04 AM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #10184
montibank
Happy

Daughters birthday/backyard spring planting. Have fun.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #10185
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Cool2

Quote:
I had to ditch the desert ride this weekend, but would like to do some local stuff instead, anyone interested?
One idea is to do the forks of the Kaweah, North, South and East forks. This is an easy day ride with a few miles of dirt roads and lots of twisty slab....or

Skiing while there is some snow left, then work. "lots of twisty slab" you got that right!
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote