ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #91
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
PS- my 41FCR has TPS and was stock on the bike. One of the many upgrades after '03
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #92
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
I've got to give you guys credit for loyalty. That Husaburg sound like an exercise in frustration. Good luck!
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #93
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevele5
xr650r is really what I think I want, put a cushy seat on it weld a rack to it and off we go.
The xr650r is truley a bad mother. The prob is no elec. start. U can get a bolt on elec. starter for it though. cost about $1k. A truly bad mofo though.

I saw your DR @ moto one yesterday. What up with that?
jeff
shazamdrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #94
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazamdrz
The xr650r is truley a bad mother. The prob is no elec. start. U can get a bolt on elec. starter for it though. cost about $1k. A truly bad mofo though.

I saw your DR @ moto one yesterday. What up with that?
jeff
Is anyone riding on Sunday. I am going to but i don"t have a plan so I am open to anything. call 213-0217. Jeff
Old 09-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #95
dsrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 731
Welcome to Adv Jeff

How is the bike running? How was camping. My people said that you went undetected And I was distracted last weekend which made it very difficult to get up there.
May ride today and Sunday May also have some extra luggage on back

Tahoe Rubicon June 26-28/2009 Ride details see www.dsrider.com or email

Ideas welcome The adventure continues..... More to come as the plans are hammered out.
Fresno dual sport club wwwdsrider.com email dsriders@gmail.com

All welcome. John 3:16-17 Matt 6:33-34 SUAR www.dsrider.com we could use a camera/photographer for the ride
dsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #96
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrider
How is the bike running? How was camping. My people said that you went undetected And I was distracted last weekend which made it very difficult to get up there.
It's sweet now. the crank siezed. New piston, rings, crank, oil pump, clutch, clutch cable, honed the head and re-inspected everything. Thank God for ryan @ moto one... he could have taken me to the cleaners but he cut me a major brek on the labor and discounted the parts. I couldn't have got them cheaper. I tried! I saw your DR there Steve. What r u doing to it?

I am down for riding today. What time r u thinking? I can through some extra cargo on the back too. Ol' girl loves going for rides.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #97
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
It's sweet now. the crank siezed. New piston, rings, crank, oil pump, clutch, clutch cable, honed the head and re-inspected everything. Thank God for ryan @ moto one... he could have taken me to the cleaners but he cut me a major brek on the labor and discounted the parts. I couldn't have got them cheaper. I tried! I saw your DR there Steve. What r u doing to it?

I am down for riding today. What time r u thinking? I can through some extra cargo on the back too. Ol' girl loves going for rides.
That would be "throw"
Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #98
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
That would be "throw"
Just a stop along the way
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2007, 05:59 AM   #99
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
Looking forward to the 22nd

The lag between rides is pure torture. I am looking for a sponsor who will allow me to ride every day, I just need enough to cover my expenses, I will quit my job and ride for the team. Maybe the guys at Gold Bond could pony up a small fortune every month. My bike is already yellow, and gosh I have used enough of that stuff. If any of you guys run across some sponsors that want to invest in me riding more, please let me know. Maybe I can start a paypal account on advrider and beg for 5.00 at a time. "Will ride for food" Until then I will have to sponsor myself........or how about I can send out letters to all my friends and family to support riding for a cause................................now, I only need a cause, hmmmm, any ideas?

I know, I will be a motorcycle missionary, spreading the good news of dual sport riding and saving mens lost and pathetic lives from the duldrom of ordinary existence bringing them into the light of the Sierra mountains where God can clearly be seen!!!!

For a small tax deductable gift you can partner with me to spread the good news, I only need 100 partners to to seed 100.00 each per week to get the message out to the lost.

In return for your small gift and to say thank you for partnering with the cause, I will send you the SECRET.

Oh, and by the way I look forward to seeing you guys at the secret disclosed location for some great breakfast and strong coffee. Come early and stay late..........is that the secret.....oh know/no!!!!!

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #100
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,522
haha

Stevies kids
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #101
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Steve,

Explain to BMW how you ride for the brand and how you really want the 800 cc parallel twin motor in the GS platform. Tell them that it's so important to you that you need to be a test rider. Explain that you love the 1200, but you find a smaller, lighter bike to be easier on the body and the machine. Show them pics of the "testing" you've done on the 1200, that ought to open their eyes(lots of pics of it on its side). You might want to add pics of mods Rob has done to his KLR and explain that this is what happens to bikes that aren't built right from the factory, shadetree machanics get ahold fo them and in the end they don't have the "finished" look the factory had in mind, but the manufacturer's stickers are still visable. Not good advertising. You don't want that for your beloved BMW.

Let them know you would do an around the world trip for them if they need you to. Or Fairbanks to Tierra del Fuego with an expense account might do it.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #102
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
Thats the spirit

Thanks for the thoughtful input, with ideas like that I should have my sponsorship in no time, oh, and powerman, how about some seed to get me started?????

I have heard some rumors about the 800 twin, have you seen one?

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #103
dsrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Steve will you be riding your "other Lighter bike" tonight?

I will chip in one Penny Lancaster to your great cause. now only 999,999 needed (per month) +cost.

I mean this penny NO Lancaster.

Ideas welcome The adventure continues..... More to come as the plans are hammered out.

All welcome. John 3:16-17 Matt 6:33-34 SUAR www.dsrider.com we could use a camera/photographer for the ride
Old 09-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #104
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Sorry Steve, no seed money. I'm saving up for some tires for both KTM's. Good luck with that though.

As for the 800, I've seen the 2 street bikes they built with them. The GS is just a dream so far. They have to be working on one though.
The X challenge has 53 hp and 44 ft/lb of torque
The 800 in sport trim is 85 hp and 63 ft/lb of torque
Both are liquid cooled. I think they have a heck of an opportunity here to make an outstanding bike. User friendly, not too tall, not too heavy, not too wide, with a decent amount of power and road manners to get you to the places you really want to ride. I think it could be a great all arounder with a heavy slant toward dirt.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:52 AM   #105
dsrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Back safe from ride Steve I smell S**T is that from a new steed in the stables?

Steve lets see some pics, What is her name? And we are not talking about TFO. (or TF1, TF-1) Layne what do you think?

09-09-2007, 08:47 AM #97
shazamdrz
n00b

Quote:

That would be "throw"

Blame John™
shazamdrz
View Public Profile
Send a private message to shazamdrz
Find More Posts by shazamdrz
Add shazamdrz to Your Buddy List

09-09-2007, 08:45 AM #96
shazamdrz
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrider

Blame John™