Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #31
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambie
Not sure about the load leveling capabilities...that is something to consider. A thumper and a scooter plus the tongue weight of the teardrop (only about 125-150 pounds) should total around 750 pounds? Any Ridgeline owners have a thought about this weight on the rear end?

As far as the Pilot goes, I'm considering getting the Ridgeline to replace it when my lease is up, so it would be my daily driver when I'm not riding.

Cheers,
Tom
I sold my Pilot and bought a Ridgline for my daily driver. The Ridgline is rated to haul 1500 pounds in the bed. The closest I have come (so far) to your proposed job is 500+ pounds of rocks in the bed and a trailer full of bark mulch. The trailer tongue weight was in excess of 150 pounds for sure. I had no trouble at all.

As far as load leveling goes, I have not looked into it, but I personaly would look into air bag levelers if I were to do it at all.

Tire pressure would be something that I would look at.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #32
huhwhye
So when we going?

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Not sure about the load leveling capabilities...that is something to consider. A thumper and a scooter plus the tongue weight of the teardrop (only about 125-150 pounds) should total around 750 pounds? Any Ridgeline owners have a thought about this weight on the rear end?

As far as the Pilot goes, I'm considering getting the Ridgeline to replace it when my lease is up, so it would be my daily driver when I'm not riding.

Cheers,
Tom
Since its has IRS if you don't level the rear you will have accelerated tire wear due to excess camber.
ABC#8265
2005 Yamaha FZ-1
1995 R100 GS
1998 Yamaha YZF400
2006 TTR-125
huhwhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #33
jambie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Could a current Ridgeline owner take a couple measurements for me? I need to know the distance from the ground to the bottom of the tailgate when it's down, and the distance from the end of the receiver hitch (or from the ball if you've got the drawbar) to the corner of the tailgate when it's down.

There's some question about maneuvering the trailer with the tailgate down.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #34
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Could a current Ridgeline owner take a couple measurements for me? I need to know the distance from the ground to the bottom of the tailgate when it's down, and the distance from the end of the receiver hitch (or from the ball if you've got the drawbar) to the corner of the tailgate when it's down.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tom
OK, now that my POS internet provider is back up (thanks Comcast) I will go measure for you. Give me a few and I'll get back to you.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:30 PM   #35
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tom
OK. Sitting in my garage with no load in the bed, the distance ground to tail gate down is 30".

The distance from the centerline of the Honda provided draw bar (to the center of the hole where the ball mounts) to the corner is about 29~30" as well. I did not have my 4' level handy to get a plumb point from the corner of the TG to the ground to measure to. If you reqire greater accuracy just let me know and I will use a level to measure to.

I hope that is what you are looking for. If it isn't, or you need anything else checked let me know.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #36
jambie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
kobudo28,
That's perfect! Thanks for the quick info...

Cheers,
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #37
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
kobudo28,
That's perfect! Thanks for the quick info...

Cheers,
Tom
You are welcome. Let me know if you need anything else please.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #38
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,047
Show me your Ridgeline with a bike in the back

That bed looks really short. I've seen some bigger bikes at the very edge of the tailgate. Let's see some pics of your Ridgeline with a bike in the back?

And if you have owned or own one, let me hear your opinions on the Ridgeline...problems, etc.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #39
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,495
I don't have pictures but I've hauled my KTM 950 in my Ridgeline a couple of times. It's a long-wheelbase bike, just fits with the tail down, but had no problems. It's a standard 5' bed. No shorter than the 5' version of the Toyota Tacoma.

I have 50k miles on my Ridgeline and couldn't be happier. Typical Honda quality: zero problems so far. It's exactly what it appears to be: a roomy, comfortable, 5-passenger SUV with a half-ton pickup bed on the back. Have filled the bed with everything from mulch to furniture to snowblowers to my 950. The tiedown cleats are handy. Handles great for a truck, comfy on long family trips, the under-rear seat strorage and in-bed trunk work as advertised. IMHO one of the better-designed products on the market.

Only downside: you have to be secure in your masculinity, as it's not a "real" truck.
jsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #40
joe a
awryder

Oddometer: 590
80,000 miles on the Ridge...Gas,Oil,Pads (Rotors),Tires....

The truck has hauled a bunch of different bikes GSXR,KLR,a couple of airheads....A bunch of stuff back north from the start of the Iron Butt Rally.Trucked my KLR back from Waynesville NC to upstate NY in a day..
I have a pic but dunno where it is...
Old 02-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #41
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 4,981
I haven't owned one but I have put thousands of miles on them as company vehicles. The handling and ride quality is superb. If you want a roomy family vehicle with the capability to tow 5000 pounds and haul a bunch of crap in the back, it's a great choice. A good friend has about 70,000 miles on his and the only thing he's had go bad is a grab handle for the rear seat passengers broke off. He's not known for taking care of his things, but mechanically it's in great shape so far.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #42
joe a
awryder

Oddometer: 590
I couldn't figger how to post in edit mode so here you are...

Lemme know if the image shows up,,I'm borrowing a 'puter.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #43
Chopperman
I am dead

Oddometer: 27,033
The ridgeline is pretty cool. The small bed always put me off. Hows the reputation from year to year?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #44
Charlie Brown
Sweeter than YooHoo

Oddometer: 10,404
id get one.

but im a taurus.

Just take 1/4 of the regular population here and set them aside. The remaining 3/4ths have a vendetta against you. Kace Coyote
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #45
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,047
Thanks. I currently drive a Tundra with access cab. I have always liked my truck (well, except for the stupid front doors that won't stay open), but would like a "crew cab". I've managed hauling two very young children around in my access cab, but I'd love more room. I have the 6' bed on my Tundra, and can actually get an XR650L in there and close the tailgate if I angle the bike. Straight in, its about 4-6" shy of closing. It's just nice to be able to close the tailgate when you're hauling stuff besides a bike back there. I'd love another Tundra, the crew cab version, but their prices are way too high right now. I can get a similar year/mileage Ridgeline for several thousand less. Never been a big fan of the "look" of the Ridgeline, and think they look much better with the Truxx 2" lift and aftermarket wheels. But I'm not one to spend $1500 on tire and rims either. I do really like the trunk under the bed. One question though, is it waterproof?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: