Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #46
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 5,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW
I do really like the trunk under the bed. One question though, is it waterproof?
We tried to get one to leak.. sprayed water at it from all directions. Then we'd blow out the "seam" with compressed air and open it up.. it was always dry. Would it stay waterproof for a long time? While driving on a rough road? Dunno
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #47
comes naturally
renewed hope

Oddometer: 1,895
from the honda web page

comes naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #48
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW
I do really like the trunk under the bed. One question though, is it waterproof?
More than once I've had the bed fill with several inches of snow, then melt away. Trunk stayed bone dry.
jsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #49
nskitts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,081
The bed extender is the ticket. What kind of gas mileage are you guys seeing?

nskitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #50
wagonpilot
Freeeeze

Oddometer: 1,050
wagonpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #51
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,094
My Tundra gets 15mpg...always has always will. Supposedly the Ridgeline gets a few MPGs more, right? How's the "power" of the V6?
Old 02-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #52
joe a
awryder

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW
My Tundra gets 15mpg...always has always will. Supposedly the Ridgeline gets a few MPGs more, right? How's the "power" of the V6?
Better than my beater ranger... But really it's a nice truck with plenty of power for what I use it for.I don't really keep track of the mpg very often but when I do it's around 17.I did tow an open U-Haul with a friends HD from Fla to NY and the mileage suffered quite a bit.Of course we were at "elevated" speeds all the way....
Old 02-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #53
Sidecar Jim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Ridgeline

I've owned my Ridgeline for two years. I have been very happy with it. No problems, the only time it's been to the shop was for an oil change. What really sets it apart from the others is that it's based more on a car chassis than a truck chassis. The ride quality is superb when compared to other small trucks. the in bed trunk feature is awesome, it stays dry, we use it all the time. We took a 2,000 mi road trip this past summer with 3 adults, 1 teenager, and a KTM640 in the bed. Averaged 17.5 MPG and there was plenty of room for all our stuff.
Sidecar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #54
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,860
I have an '07 with 20k on the odo. +1 on the ride and handling. It is far less "truck-like" in the department and I like that.

I have some guys in "real" trucks laugh at it but I could give a shit. It's enough truck for me, carries 1500 pounds, hauls 4500~5000 pounds. I've hauled a loaded U-haul trailer with 5 in the cab without a problem. I think it has plenty of engine. I got 19 on a combined loop in the rain running at 75+ on the interstate loop. It did not have a lot of miles on it at the time. If you keep your foot out of it the truck does pretty well.

Dislikes: rearward vision and 3/4 vision is not great. The high tail gate and sail panels block your view somewhat, but that is what they makes mirrors for. I don't like the headlight switch in the dash after years of having them on the stalk.

I have the bed extender, fog lights, rear under seat storage net. I've put PIAA headlamp bulbs in and a hard folding bed cover.

I'm very happy with the Ridgeline, no problems, does what I need it to do. It's a good ride.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #55
stinkwheel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
How about a picture with bikes in the back with the tail gate up.
stinkwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #56
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 8,041
Wife has a first year Ridgeline (06?). About 70,000 miles. 20 MPG. The trunk is waterproof and very useful. I borrow the Ridgeline and haul my ktm 530 and son's 230. They fit no problem and the ramps fit behind the seat. Perfect.

The interior is really nice. Super functional with the rear folding seat. We've taken it on 15 hour trips, comfy, cozy and a great ride.

We've had no issues with it. Scheduled service and that's it. We've carried firewood, mulch and topsoil in it and it does the trick for us suburbanites.

For what we do with a pick up, I much prefer it over the F150 Screw I used to have.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #57
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 27,717
How is it for "road noise"? Loud, average or quiet? My wife has a CR-V. Great car but loud on the highway.
Hannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #58
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannda
How is it for "road noise"? Loud, average or quiet? My wife has a CR-V. Great car but loud on the highway.
Ridden in a friend's -- it's very quiet.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #59
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonpilot
I saw that and thought, "That has to be over the payload rating." Then I looked it up and found a reference to the 2006's rating of 1510 pounds. Wow. I would never have guessed to be that much.
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #60
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz
I saw that and thought, "That has to be over the payload rating." Then I looked it up and found a reference to the 2006's rating of 1510 pounds. Wow. I would never have guessed to be that much.
Wow that is amazing. Just enough to carry a Harley FTGHAKDFVBXGDKSJHA.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: