Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #61
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 27,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilNinjaDog
Ridden in a friend's -- it's very quiet.
Thank you.
Hannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #62
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannda
How is it for "road noise"? Loud, average or quiet? My wife has a CR-V. Great car but loud on the highway.
I had a CRV a few years back. The Ridgeline is much quieter and is on pare with the Pilot on which it is based. Had one of them as well.

The lockable water tight compartment in the bed is very handy. Just remember to take out what you want / need BEFORE you load the bed.

One other minor nit. The cowl comes up over the wipers to help with wind noise and drag. In NH it is nice to be able to lift your blades off of the windsheild to make snow brushing, ice scraping, etc, easier. It can't be done on this truck unless you shut the truck off with the wipers on and above the top of the cowl line.

Yes, the bed is too short to put the gate up with a bike in the back or 4X8 sheets of what ever. It does not bother me though and does not affect the use adversly.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #63
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,591
I didn't think the Ridge was all that quiet. I guess it depends what you're used to, but I thought it had a lot of wind noise. Not so much road noise. Getting one without the rack on top would be a good choice, and then maybe add some sound proofing. What I would do anyway. The thing is already a heavy pig, some sound deadoning material wouldn't be a big deal. Only think I don't like about the Ridgeline is the mileage. I'd love to own one.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #64
jmlmjmjm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 890
70K miles, 4 years old, 16-19 MPG (sometimes 20 extended highway), new tires at 66K miles, never been to the shop except for scheduled maintenance per the Honda mantenance minder.

A comfortable quiet honest tool for everything I need.

No pictures of a bike in the back but it did have a Z750S in the back during this trackday weekend to NM. Additionally we were pulling the trailer with a Ninja 650R, three people, and more than the junk in the photo:

jmlmjmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #65
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlmjmjm
... during this trackday weekend to NM. ...
There was a trackday last weekend?!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #66
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlmjmjm
we were pulling the trailer with a Ninja 650R, three people, and more than the junk in the photo:
You hauled 3 people on the trailer?
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #67
p3ga
Rounding Error

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkwheel
How about a picture with bikes in the back with the tail gate up.
You might have to query the XR50 owners club for that.

One of our racing buds didn't think he could get his son's Cobra CX65 in the back with the gate up unless it was in at an angle.

p3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #68
NorCalslowpoke
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW
That bed looks really short. I've seen some bigger bikes at the very edge of the tailgate. Let's see some pics of your Ridgeline with a bike in the back?

And if you have owned or own one, let me hear your opinions on the Ridgeline...problems, etc.
Love mine, some quick notes.

45k no issues, super cheap to maintain. Mine was built in Canada, if that means anything.

Quiet, great ride, great handling, almost fun, kind of ugly, 21mpg on the road, 15 in town, wish the mpg was better.

I've had three bikes in it once (2 drz's and 1 510 husky), middle one rode backwards.

I like it since it is not built on a truck chassis. I use it as my everyday car, I'm not a contractor, only use the bed for Home Depot crap, dump runs, & dirt bikes.

Recommendation: Don't cheap out and get the fabric interior version (RT). The seats stain quickly (maybe budget nice seat covers). Also, get a long loading ramp, bed is pretty high. I use a milk crate as a step, too.

The in bed trunk holds my HUGE Ogio gear bag.

Even after owning it for 2 years, I still don't like looking at it...:), but If mine got stolen or wrecked, I go right out and buy another.

Pretty safe vehicle, apparently:

http://www.burtonco.com Sacramento Appraiser
NorCalslowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:34 AM   #69
Hannda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28
I had a CRV a few years back. The Ridgeline is much quieter and is on pare with the Pilot on which it is based. Had one of them as well.
Thank you. We love the CR-V, but would be much happier if the road noise were cut in half.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #70
Region Riley
rally kit widow

Oddometer: 3,447
I have a 2010 Ridgeline and I wouldn't exactly call it quiet, but I don't find the road noise bothersome either.

Hannda, PM me if you want to take it for a spin sometime.
Region Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #71
astro
seek light

Oddometer: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannda
Thank you. We love the CR-V, but would be much happier if the road noise were cut in half.
what model year is yours? I would consider my '02 loud but the newer '08 model is substantially quieter.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #72
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalslowpoke

Even after owning it for 2 years, I still don't like looking at it...:), but If mine got stolen or wrecked, I go right out and buy another.
Yeah, I never liked the look of the Chevy Avalanche nor the Honda Ridgeline. I wish the bedrails were flat. I think that sloping bedrail kills the looks for me, that and the small tires/rims. I've seen a lot of Ridgelines with the 2" lift and bigger meats...and they look a lot better to me.

Like I said, I've got a 2000 Tundra, and have been pleased with it. My biggest gripe is the front doors won't stay open. You have to be parked on perfectly flat ground with no wind, or the doors always close on you. I hate that! Kinda petty, but it's bothered me for YEARS! It's an un-excusable design flaw in my opinion. It's gets 15-16 mpg. So a Ridgeline won't be any worse....but won't have as much power either. I mainly want a larger back seat, and still be able to load a bike in the back. The under bed trunk is a bonus. I'd love a crew cab Tundra, but that's $5-7000 more than a Ridgeline right now (shopping used).

2" lift with bigger meats!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #73
NorCalslowpoke
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,236
The black one looks good.

I've seen some photos of some pretty silly things done to Ridgelines. (check the Ridgeline Owners Club form, some freaks in there).

I really like the stock wheel set up for actual driving. Of course I never really take it off road, except for OHV access.

It is not the right vehicle for serious off road work for many reasons. I always consider it to have as much off road capability as a Suburu, maybe a bit more due to clearance (8" IIRC). Motor is not that well protected from the bottom and skid plate options are minimal. If I did more offroad I'd probably own an FJ...and wish for 4 real doors.

I'm not really "into" my Ridgeline, It has no options/accesories. it is just an appliance, that plain works for me. I don't really care that much how it looks. I'll never "lift" it or change the wheels/tires as 99% of my driving is city streets/freeways.

The V6 power (265hp IIRC) is adequate for me. Probably a little soft for serious towing in hills, I would imagine. Great brakes, if you do need to tow.

Keep your offroad expectations in check and it does 90% of what most people want a "crew cab" pick up for, all with Honda reliability/safety.

Truly, it is an SUV (not a work truck) with a pick up bed.

Maybe you can repair the doors on your Tundra. There are hinge spring assemblies, I think, that can be replaced.

Cheers
http://www.burtonco.com Sacramento Appraiser
NorCalslowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #74
Hannda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Riley
I have a 2010 Ridgeline and I wouldn't exactly call it quiet, but I don't find the road noise bothersome either.

Hannda, PM me if you want to take it for a spin sometime.
Thanks Kelly, but I'm going to have to start earning money again before I start teasing myself with new vehicles. If we have a busy hurricane season I may take you up on your offer. Much appreciated.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #75
Hannda

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro
what model year is yours? I would consider my '02 loud but the newer '08 model is substantially quieter.
'08 or '09 I think. I can't remember if we bought it one year ago or two. It's not a deal breaker, but it is loud on concrete. Better on blacktop.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: