Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #76
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalslowpoke
Truly, it is an SUV (not a work truck) with a pick up bed.
jsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #77
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalslowpoke

Maybe you can repair the doors on your Tundra. There are hinge spring assemblies, I think, that can be replaced.

Cheers
No....I've never heard of a fix for the doors. They might have upgraded them in later years. But mine have been this way since I bought it back in 2002. It you're parked on even the slightest incline....they won't stay open. It a wind blows, they close on you, etc. It's just very frustrating to be standing there getting something out of the backseat, etc and have the door slam into your back. I'm talking about the front doors. They just won't stay open. Sad, but that really is my only complaint.

Where I park at home, out on the driveway, my front end is probably 3-6" higher than the back of the truck. A very slight incline, and it's enough that the front doors will not stay open.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #78
Sidecar Jim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
640 in the Ridge

Sidecar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #79
jmlmjmjm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Ridgeline owners, I have some OEM Alloy rims for sale. Use one for a full size spare! See my ad in the Flea Market. Thanks.
jmlmjmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #80
Cf-Transplant
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 825
Looked at all the photos. Why not buy a BMW so you do not need it in the trailer or back of the truck and just ride it to the location?

I need a camper shell on my trucks, and the Honda seems to make it a bit of an issue. The lack of clearance with snow on the ground seems to be a limitation over the clearance on the Toy (we have a Pilot and I think this has the same suspension). I like the Honda quality, but not sure the suspension will work as well. Anyone use these in snow country with some clearance issues with snow removal?

My Dodge diesel gets around 16-17 at 70 mph, is a long bed and will tow 24,000 pounds (truck and trailer). Take's up quite a bit of space, diesel prices at the pump are higher, perhaps the engine will last longer (certainly not the body).

The used Honda's are crazy expensive, used in this area.
Cf-Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #81
tjoseph
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,522
I thought long and hard about a Ridgeline, and ended up buying a crew cab Tacoma instead, a used 2004. Not the huge later models. Then my neighbor, who had a nice 2004 Tacoma (and whose truck I always envied) bought a new Ridgeline. And now I can envy that instead! I probably should have looked at the Ridgeline more, but decided I needed a covered bed. And the looks kind of turned me off. In the end I was swayed by the Tacoma TRD package, with locking rear diff, and all the other stuff I'll never use! But it's as fancy schmancy as a Ridgeline inside (got the Limited model).

+1 on keeping a sturdy plastic milk-crate handy. Those beds are high up when you're loading the bike.
tjoseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #82
EsconDeasy
Ectomorph

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW

When I was young, we called that look "Ghetto". But now that white people do it, we can call it a "on-road-only off-road-vehicle"
Old 03-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #83
Guano11
Half Decaf

Oddometer: 1,239
FWIW, had a coworker whose brother is a factory-trained mechanic (Nissan, Honda, Toyota). Made it a point to opine that the Ridgeline is the best-designed & built truck available, hands down.

Another coworker took delivery of a Ridgeline in Los Angeles after returning from overseas. Loaded his family of 4 & headed toward Wash DC. This guy's hard on vehicles -- no issues.

Guanowife drives an '05 Pilot. It's pretty quiet.
Dull, but quiet.
Guano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #84
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guano11
FWIW, had a coworker whose brother is a factory-trained mechanic (Nissan, Honda, Toyota). Made it a point to opine that the Ridgeline is the best-designed & built truck available, hands down.
My sense of the Ridgeline is that Honda locked the project engineers in a room and told them they couldn't come out until they had at least 1000 really good new ideas. The storage solutions (under bed and under rear seat) are the highlights for me.
jsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #85
Galen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
I've had my '06 Ridgeline for a year now. Best vehicle I've ever had, no issues, just two normal services. 17-19 mpg most of the time. Little bit of wind noise from the door seals. Handles great, tows what I need to tow, and has plenty of room. The tonneau cover is debatable but it came that way from the PO. If the GS isn't self-propelled, I'd rather put it in the Haulmark, though. The two way tailgate is nice for loading groceries and such by swinging it to the side instead of dropping it down. Sorry, no bike photos. I do miss the '99 Land Cruiser I replaced, though...
Galen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #86
Second chance
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterhead View Post
If your gonna haul stuff buy a real truck.
I was searching the INTERNET to see if anyone had experience hauling and loading a bigger bike in a Honda Ridgeline and came across this thread.

I bought the Ridgeline a year ago because is fit my needs where as a "real truck" was more than I need. It has been a great truck for my needs. What amazes me is that the OP here was asking for if anybody had hauled a bike in a Honda Ridgeline and you get responses like this. I guess there are folks that have not matured past the 3rd grade when the argument was "my dad can beat up your dad". The OP wasn't asking for opinions on what everyone thought of the Ridgeline. Why is is there are some that always have to chime in with immature crap like this that is off subject?
These forums are great but there will always be those that feel it necessary to interject their intellect or lack there of.
Second chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #87
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Cry OMG this thread was nearly 4 years dead and you brought it back to life with a bitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second chance View Post
I was searching the INTERNET to see if anyone ............ lack there of.
OMG this thread was nearly 4 years dead and you brought it back to life with a bitch?
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #88
fishkens
Further...

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
OMG this thread was nearly 4 years dead and you brought it back to life with a bitch?
He's just sad because he never got a real truck.
fishkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #89
Second chance
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbum View Post

Ha, ha and you 3rd graders felt the need to respond. Brings them out every time.
Second chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #90
jambie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterhead View Post
If your gonna haul stuff buy a real truck.
Seriously? After four years, it's funny to revisit this thread. Pooterhead, I'll bet you've got a set of truck nuts hanging from the back of your "real" truck

Well, we all find a way to compensate, I guess. As it happens, my Ridgeline and I have been to some awesome places, and I haven't had one regret.

Cheers,
Tom

jambie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: