User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
ironhorse99 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Automatic chain oiler-- motobriiz

I recently purchased the motobriiz automatic chain oiler and after a 50+ mile ride I'd like to share my initial thoughts on this well designed product. I'm not going thru all the product features as this can be found on the website.(motobriiz.com) This unit works very well. I was no less than shocked after installation and driving literally 3.5 miles to find a nice even lubrication on the chain. If there's one thing I absolutely hate its chain maintenance and I just found a well made low cost performer that I can recommend. With no moving parts and no vacuum line or electrical connections to worry about this about as low maintenance as they get. Fill the reservoir and replace the pad every 5K or so and yr set. The developer claims to have never adj. or cleaned the chain in over two years and having known others using a good oiler that's totally believable. While researching this product I found a post here & there making statements about the fiber pad depositing bits on the chain........Really...... I'd say dirt & a dry chain has much more adverse affects on a chain than bits of felt. I suppose this is somewhat of a subjective statement I realize. Everyone comes to their own conclusions. As for me I've found a great product at a fraction of the typical cost.
ironhorse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
Rubiconnn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
I've been looking at oilers, this looks like the option I'll choose due to the price. However, I'm concerned that at high speeds (Cruising on the freeway in California while everyone is doing 90 isn't out of the ordinary) that it will put out too much oil. Does it spray out oil or slowly drip once a minute or so?
Rubiconnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
ironhorse99 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiconnn View Post
I've been looking at oilers, this looks like the option I'll choose due to the price. However, I'm concerned that at high speeds (Cruising on the freeway in California while everyone is doing 90 isn't out of the ordinary) that it will put out too much oil. Does it spray out oil or slowly drip once a minute or so?
Its 1 drop every 2 miles. Everything is based on your movement thus the faster you go/farther you travel= more drops. 10 miles=5 drops. 100 miles=50 drops. Before I changed my chain/sprockets my chain was nicely oiled. I did have a slight amount of fling but I admit It wasn't setup according to the recommended instructions. With all things new drive chain wise I will need to setup according to the instructions. This system is very simple to setup,no moving parts and the pads last much longer than you would think. If I had to do it again-I'd buy another one. The owner is very helpful as well.
ironhorse99 is offline   Reply With Quote