Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #391
Fantuzzi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by orso
Bravo, bravissimo.
I now officially need more detailled pictures of this Rally Dominator.
Fantuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:29 AM   #392
micq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
nx suspension

Thinking about upgrading the suspension on my [ new to me ] 93 NX 650 , any ideas/suggestions gratefully accepted .
micq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:27 AM   #393
switch
Romanian Trailbiker

Oddometer: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by micq
Thinking about upgrading the suspension on my [ new to me ] 93 NX 650 , any ideas/suggestions gratefully accepted .
Hagon Shocks. UK origin - about 275 quid a'piece. If budget is a problem, look for an XR600 rear shock - used. Be mindful as non-NX650 designed shocks with a remote reservoir will likely interfere with the bike's airbox. Furthermore, it's going to be a pain to fit the remote reservoir.

For the front forks, either keep them and replace the springs (try some progressive ones) or replace them altogether -- look for aftermarket items.

EDIT: I do believe that Hagon I mentioned earlier offers a kit for the dommie: rear shock + front fork springs + front fork oil.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #394
micq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Got a price on hagon shocks today , rear mono shock $750 , front springs $190 a set . Thought maybe Ohlins or Wilbers might have something as the dominator was so popular in Europe .
micq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #395
goatroper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Special chemicals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey
That's because there's mold release agents in the plastic. You have to scrub the snot out of them with abrasives and special chemicals for removing the release agent from the surface. It's work, but not the same as impossible. You're not going to get away with a standard scuff-n-shoot for sure.
OK, what special chemicals?

Thanks
goatroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #396
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,758
Getto Light Screen

Another item that's impossible to find for the '88 NX650.

Getto headlight screen. Used a ss rain gutter leaf catcher. It's split in the middle. $4.00. Some plastic wire conduit, Auto Zone. Comes in a bunch of colors. $5.00. A few small zip ties.

Pic of my new Givi simi hard bag, on my getto tail rack.

Endless Mountains,PA
Mark5PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #397
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,964
Looking for Farkles in the US....

I purchased my NX650 two days ago and will be looking to add all the necessaries....

Here is what I want, so if anyone knows of a supplier, I would appreciate the information. I would happily purchase from a Europe Supplier and have it shipped over to the US, but would prefer finding a US importer/supplier, so that I can get the farkles quicker.

1. Tail rack for which I can mount a Givi/Pelican/Carabou case.
2. Side racks, where I can mount any of the above boxes....
3. Engine guards

Can anyone help?

Here are some pics of my new ride.....

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #398
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNAdventureRider
I purchased my NX650 two days ago and will be looking to add all the necessaries....

Here is what I want, so if anyone knows of a supplier, I would appreciate the information. I would happily purchase from a Europe Supplier and have it shipped over to the US, but would prefer finding a US importer/supplier, so that I can get the farkles quicker.

3. Engine guards

Can anyone help?

I had my own rack system out of some steel I had laying around.
Mine also came with the stock rear rack which I mounted a Pelican Case.
We will have to get Pablo and other Front Range NX's together for a group pic at the least. I ride mine almost every day somewhere.
Did a 300 miler down to Medano Pass this week on it, goes like a KLR, nothing great but everything good.
Assfault
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #399
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,790
the '89 came stock with a rear rack. I think the OEM rack kit for the '88 was $50, but I could be wrong. I'd look for it on Bikebandit. If you can't find it let me know and I'll give it a try.

I'd love to do a ride with some other NX's some time. I'll be back in town next week.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #400
2oldgonnarideanyway
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Mono Shock problem

I blew the mono shock on my 88 nx 650 & all the replacements are a little pricey. Does anyone know of an economical repair or place to find a good used? I have found prices from $450 to $850 most sources being outside the U.S. where I am located.
2oldgonnarideanyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #401
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo83
the '89 came stock with a rear rack. I think the OEM rack kit for the '88 was $50, but I could be wrong. I'd look for it on Bikebandit. If you can't find it let me know and I'll give it a try.

I'd love to do a ride with some other NX's some time. I'll be back in town next week.

Well, this weekend is certainly out with all the snow, ice and 20 degree weather. I sat up in the bleachers at my kids football game today and nearly froze to death with the wind chill and the fact that I wasn't moving around.

Anyway, I agree and we should ride some time.

I will look at BikeBandit for the rear rack.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #402
TucsonBill
Tucson Tiger

Oddometer: 120
I have two Dominators for sale. They are both 1989, a NX125 and a NX650. The 125 has ~1500 miles, it spent most of its life owned by a member of the military and it traveled around in a shipping container, not under it’s own power. It has been repainted as you can see and is in amazing shape for a 20 year old bike. The only additions are that it has larger footpegs, a higher rise set of handlebars to better fit a female rider – it was my daughter’s starter bike – brush guards, and the headlight is a H4 halogen, not the original wimpy sealed-beam.
The 650 has ~35,000 miles and has been an Arizona bike its whole life. It, too, has been repainted – do you see the yellow theme? – and has a professional clear-coat paint job. It also has larger footpegs, brush guards, a 23L Acerbis tank, and a larger custom rack. The original tank is also included. Overall both bikes are in great shape – all the plastic complete and unbroken - and are very fun to ride. I recently bought a second Triumph Tiger from this forum for my daughter, and part of the deal with the spouse was that two of the stable would have to go!
I’m asking $2200 for the 650, $1400 for the 125. They are in Tucson and are ready to ride anywhere.
Pictures of the bikes in action can be seen at : http://public.fotki.com/TucsonBill/trisaratops/
Pictures of the two close-up are at: http://public.fotki.com/TucsonBill/m...cles-for-sale/
1968 Honda CT-90, Edith

TucsonBill screwed with this post 10-11-2009 at 10:36 AM
TucsonBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #403
Menasco Pirate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
1) I searched a long time on US ebay before finding a complete 89 tail rack for about $75. It can be done as one did pop up this year on ebay. I powdercoated mine and now looks new. The same Givi plate for the Transalp (E200) fits it and is availible for about $50

They are no longer availible from Honda. But I do have a new side piece I will not be using, sorry I can't remember if it is a left or right . I was going to copy it for the other side but a used rack popped up on ebay. I believe the center metal pieces to be similar to the transalp but one needs to check the part numbers. These would be easy to duplicate.

2) Hepco and Becker used to make side racks, try ebay Germany, UK etc

3) Last year I bought new H&B engine guards. I google searched till I found a US dealer that would order it from Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNAdventureRider

3. Engine guards

Can anyone help?

Old 10-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #404
Big_John
Colorado Rider

I found this pic on the web and this is exactly what I am looking for. I think these are custom-made.......so I will probably have to brush up on my welding skills.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #405
awirsing1998
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Hepco Becker Engine guards and luggage rack, very similar to the ones in the above post were available through www.eurotechmotorsports.com

They also have a rack that attaches to the rear rack.

I got all of the above from eurotech, took awhile to get them in, but they were good to deal with. I also used the Happy Trails pannier puck attachment kit, with 1550 Pelican Cases, worked well. Waterproof, I can scrape them on pavement without damage, and if I really blow it and break them, they are relatively cheap compared to the aluminum or Givi.

The Honda rear rack took me about a year on ebay.

Good luck.
awirsing1998 is offline   Reply With Quote