Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #106
Tangai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
I'm building a center stand for my GC. I'll make two while I'm at it. The hardware will be of stainless and the stand will be of 4130 chromoly. So far it looks like I can sell one for around $250.00.
Tangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:57 AM   #107
zooomgovroom
hooligan-esque

Oddometer: 68
long time lurker-now new registered to the forum with a new to me 99 Gran Canyon...and a long time Monster rider....

my question to folks here initially is in regards to the Moto-Sport panniers or any square-ish side cases...do you feel a difference in wind or drag or anything in how the bike handles with those as apposed to say the nonfango aerodynamic rounded units that you could get from Cagiva??

-12/19/07-zarn02 on the DML
zooomgovroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #108
Speed3
Aangenaam verdoofd

Oddometer: 447
I doubt you will feel the differance, I never have with other luggage unless you go rel fast. The only thing i've noticed is the added weight in the back when you load them up.
The CG I just bougt comes with the Motosport-panniers, but I won't have the bike until the end of March. I'll keep you posted on how they look/feel.
Speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #109
Speeddog830
Interloper

Oddometer: 84
*Nothing* wrong with the Gran Canyon !

Just got some miles on my GC after installing my 16t sprocket and euro blinkers.

Gearing is spot-on, and the blinkers really cleaned up the look.
Big shout out to Letko for hooking me up.

'02 Ducati Monster S4 - Too many mods to list...

'99 Cagiva Gran Canyon - TKC 80's, Euro blinkers, 16t front sprocket, ProTaper CR High bars
Speeddog830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:09 AM   #110
jehu
∩HƏſ

Oddometer: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangai
I'm building a center stand for my GC. I'll make two while I'm at it. The hardware will be of stainless and the stand will be of 4130 chromoly. So far it looks like I can sell one for around $250.00.
Will it be operable from the left side?
jehu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 AM   #111
zooomgovroom
hooligan-esque

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooomgovroom
long time lurker-now new registered to the forum with a new to me 99 Gran Canyon...and a long time Monster rider....

my question to folks here initially is in regards to the Moto-Sport panniers or any square-ish side cases...do you feel a difference in wind or drag or anything in how the bike handles with those as apposed to say the nonfango aerodynamic rounded units that you could get from Cagiva??
I am also in the future looking to put heated grips on mine as well as maybe one or 2 other lil comfort niche mods...it would be a nice consideration to have a centerstand...so I have some interest there also...

-12/19/07-zarn02 on the DML
zooomgovroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #112
Tangai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Clearance of the chain and side stand is a problem, but yes, my center-stand will work from the left side of the bike.
Tangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #113
davide
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
I am selling my GC. I just went to great length to completely rebuild my front forks (was going crazy trying to find the lower bushings, until someone here recommended Letko and I got a whole fork kit) + do a complete service and now I'm offered a job in Pagosa Springs, CO and the nearest dealer is in Denver, so I'm selling my GC and my Scrambler to buy a car and move there with my dog.
Anyway, I thought I post this to see if anybody is interested.... Here's some info: 2000 model with high wind shield, black/red, Ducati Logos instead of Cagiva ones, 60,000 Km, full service just completed, front forks rebuilt, rear shock rebuilt, EVA center stand, heated grips, Moto-Sport panniers hard cases w. inner soft bags, Piaa light, Magura tapered handle bars with new grips brand new brakes front/rear, fresh clutch/brakes fluid, new Avon Distanzias front/back, 1 brand new spare belly pan silver, all records in really great shape. I'm in Northern California and I want $4000 if anyone is interested..... I have some good pics some where that I can post as soon as I find a way to scan them and load them...... Thanks, Davide.
davide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #114
neepuk
Such a drag...

Oddometer: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by davide
I am selling my GC. I just went to great length to completely rebuild my front forks (was going crazy trying to find the lower bushings, until someone here recommended Letko and I got a whole fork kit) + do a complete service and now I'm offered a job in Pagosa Springs, CO and the nearest dealer is in Denver, so I'm selling my GC and my Scrambler to buy a car and move there with my dog.
Anyway, I thought I post this to see if anybody is interested.... Here's some info: 2000 model with high wind shield, black/red, Ducati Logos instead of Cagiva ones, 60,000 Km, full service just completed, front forks rebuilt, rear shock rebuilt, EVA center stand, heated grips, Moto-Sport panniers hard cases w. inner soft bags, Piaa light, Magura tapered handle bars with new grips brand new brakes front/rear, fresh clutch/brakes fluid, new Avon Distanzias front/back, 1 brand new spare belly pan silver, all records in really great shape. I'm in Northern California and I want $4000 if anyone is interested..... I have some good pics some where that I can post as soon as I find a way to scan them and load them...... Thanks, Davide.
Color me interested! I can't buy it until the end of March (after close of escrow). If you've still got it then I'd love to have a look and I'll bring cash and a truck to viewing. Man I miss my GC...
neepuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #115
davide
Gnarly Adventurer

That could work..... I flying home to Italy and returning on 3/5, then I will start wrapping up things here in CA.
it breaks my heart to sell, but I don't do the servicing myself and even here I am quite far from the dealer.... I know that I would struggle even more out there. Here's my number 707-459-0930 it rings at the Milo Foundation outside of Willits where I live and work. Also, my email address is davideulivieri@yahoo.com
Thanks everybody.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #116
davide
Gnarly Adventurer

I forgot to mention.... mine is 49 state model bought in Miami, stripped of the emission stuff, modified airbox, chipped and carbon fiber mufflers. I now have a clear CA title and current CA registration. Here are some pics.....

davide screwed with this post 12-15-2010 at 05:51 AM
Old 02-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #117
davide
Gnarly Adventurer

one more...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #118
davide
Gnarly Adventurer

last one...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #119
neepuk
Such a drag...

Oddometer: 1,543
And it's already got pipes, the magura bar conversion, panniers and dirt! Yep, you're reasonable in your asking price and I'm very interested.... Like I said, end of March and I'll be ready to pull the trigger on my next bigger adv bike.
neepuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #120
RMac
Cheese!

Oddometer: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangai
Clearance of the chain and side stand is a problem, but yes, my center-stand will work from the left side of the bike.
I have one of Ove Machine's center stands which operates from the left but is kind of a bitch to hoist the bike up. Would be interested to see how yours turns out.

RMac is offline   Reply With Quote