Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2003, 05:23 PM   #1
Coonass OP
Banned By BMWRider

Oddometer: 3,020
an adventure report for Krusty

Earlier this week, Krusty posted some comments about the lack of
"adventure" in the reports on this site. In return, he received many
attacks upon his character for his efforts. I wanted to post this report for Mr. Krusty to prove we do indeed have some great adventures here and his comments only inspire us to reach for more.

Today, MsB and I decided to retrace our steps on an expedition we made more than 21 yrs ago, before we wed. A dangerous undertaking deep inside a dark land known only as....Mississippi! It was only her second time on the back of a motorcycle those many years ago and it was the dead of winter. Luckily, there had been only one small case of frozen snot face. This trip would be in milder weather.

A trip like this requires long and extensive preparation, so I rose early, checked the tire pressure, and packed two instead of the usual one water bottle. With the preparations complete, we headed for an outpost known as Bogalusa, La. Not knowing what lies ahead, we took on as much fuel as we could carry, pointed our trusty steeds toward the rising sun, and screamed with excited inside our helmets.

Back on the road, it wasn't long before we had slipped past the border leaving all ties and safety behind. Our goal was to find an encampment we had visited on our previous expedition known as the Flint Creek Water Park. This is a strange land with many mysterious tribes. Though we were not successful last time, we would try once again to site members of one tribe that is said to exist in this land. They are rumored to wear white bed linen and a strange pointed head dress. A dangerous and stealthy klan, they only come out at night so none will ever know their true identity. We hoped to find evidence of this tribe for ourselves, having only seen old documentaries used to bring down the good character of all the other tribes in this beautiful country.

After a long hard ride, we entered the small settlement of Wiggins. I knew we were close to the encampment now and began to get excited with anticipation. Then, there it was. An old totum erected by the local tribesman to mark the way to the encampment. There are only a handful of us other than the local people who can decifer the ancient carvings. Loosely translated it reads "This is the path to the swimming hole".

Week from hungar, we had stopped earlier and traded for some of the native foods. On our last trip, we had dined on turtle soup prepared over a backpacker's stove. We opted for something more exotic this time.

Our strenth replenished, we mounted up to search the encampment. Though the landscape was beautiful, the roads were trecherous.

MsB did manage a bit of stunt riding, giving the salute while navigating the bad roads.

At the end of one of these trails, we came upon a fishing port.

We never did find the white robed tribe, but did cross paths with a band of nomads.

And then a great find, an ancient aqua system of some sort.

We investigate further.

The local people had placed many warnings to keep away strangers.

Continueing on the ever deteriorating trail, I decide to teach MsB the Coonass riding technique known as "Ride it like someone wants to make a fuzzy hat out of your ass"

I'll let the remaining photos of this strange and magical place speak for themselves.

The sun was getting low and the shadows long. I would need all my tracking skills to retrace our path home. It was good to return to this land filled with old memories. All those years ago I must have impressed MsB with all my adventurer's skills like riding & wilderness cooking. It wasn't long after that trip that we were married.

We finally find our way home after this long and exciting 150 mi. expedition to the lands of the east. Dirty and tired we take account of the day. The equipment held up well and no lives were lost. We saw beautiful lands and met some wonderful people. All in all a harmonious outcome.

Epilogue to Krusty: bite me!

Coonass screwed with this post 09-26-2003 at 05:33 PM
Coonass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:00 PM   #2
Slaniac
Martini elbow

Oddometer: 11,034
Cool2

Coonass,

Most excellent report. I enjoyed it very much. I'm suffering from a bad back, but will make similar journey into the wilds of No. California soon , and will post a report.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past"
F. Scott Fitzgearld

Regnat Populus.
Slaniac
Slaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:17 PM   #3
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,883
Nice job, Coonass.
I don't want to hijack your thread but if Krusty is watching, I thought I'd throw in a few action pics for him ... just the kind he likes:

Here's my GS after a quick washing, ready to spring into action a full 6 feet into my garage!

And here it is from the other side! Exciting!!!!!

Eat your heart out, Krusty. See if your action pics and dynamic dialogue can compete with mine ...
Old 09-26-2003, 06:28 PM   #4
mutineer
Raoul Duke Lives

Oddometer: 18,916
Fuckin ' A man - a real live adventure - exotic food, travel, scenic locales. You outta post it on Horizons unlimited.

Maybe if Krustina, who you just know is lurking, approves maybe he will come back . . . I miss him already.

I love the sense of humor in this place.
mutineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:31 PM   #5
BUBB
lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer: 20,676
Excellent pics, excellent writing... had me on the edge of my seat!
BUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #6
Coonass OP
Banned By BMWRider

Quote:
Said Slaniac:
Coonass,

Most excellent report. I enjoyed it very much. I'm suffering from a bad back, but will make similar journey into the wilds of No. California soon , and will post a report.
get that back in shape! you have to be in top mental and physical condition for this type of riding and exploring!
Old 09-26-2003, 06:44 PM   #7
Coonass OP
Banned By BMWRider

Quote:
Said BMW Rider:
Nice job, Coonass.
I don't want to hijack your thread but if Krusty is watching, I thought I'd throw in a few action pics for him ... just the kind he likes:

Here's my GS after a quick washing, ready to spring into action a full 6 feet into my garage!

And here it is from the other side! Exciting!!!!!

Eat your heart out, Krusty. See if your action pics and dynamic dialogue can compete with mine ...
I love those action shots! still working on my photo skills, hope to be to your level someday so I can really the depicted the essence of the ride.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:15 PM   #8
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,883
Quote:
Said Coonass:
I love those action shots! still working on my photo skills, hope to be to your level someday so I can really the depicted the essence of the ride.
It takes a lot of practice. :lol1
You know the part that must have Krusty virtually apoplectic with anger? These tremendous action shots were taken in his favorite state ... Ohio.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:14 PM   #9
thwack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,479
Quote:
Said BMW Rider:
Damn! Now you're washing it after just 6 feet of riding?!?!?!

Hey Coonass - looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics!
thwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #10
Coonass OP
Banned By BMWRider

Quote:
Said BMW Rider:
It takes a lot of practice. :lol1
You know the part that must have Krusty virtually apoplectic with anger? These tremendous action shots were taken in his favorite state ... Ohio.
I have a lot of work to do before I'm ready for an expedition to Ohio!
Old 09-26-2003, 08:20 PM   #11
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,536
Quote:
Said BMW Rider:

BS, that wasn't quick wash, that bike has been washed properly.

Great report Conass. Pleased you got home safely.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:29 PM   #12
BUBB
lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer: 20,676
Can someone tell me why the thread hijacker's pipes are not blue? That looks newer than a new bike.
BUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:35 PM   #13
hutchman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Krusty's probably got WOOD over this one!

Great ride Coooonass!
IBA #11656

"We are past the worst of it" - Yours truely.
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 12:09 AM   #14
thwack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,479
Quote:
Said BUBB:
Can someone tell me why the thread hijacker's pipes are not blue? That looks newer than a new bike.
Apparently, if you wash your bike really well every time it's been ridden about 6 feet, the pipes won't turn blue...
thwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 03:00 PM   #15
Augie
Nincompoop

Oddometer: 27,367
Hey Ca

How many weeks did it take to make the journey to the far off land. Great report.
Augie is offline   Reply With Quote