ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Chico, Ca Dualsport Riders

Hey everyone

I'm in Chico and ride a Triumph Tiger. Looking for people to ride with. I want to explore the off road stuff around the Chico area and foothills.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
NHESS81
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Ought to be some stuff around Oroville eh? I dunno. I used to live in Sacramento, but didn't go up around that area much.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

The area is full of dual sport riding! There is a vast network of logging roads that conect to higways and national parks. There's lots of routes through Chico to Chester, Lassen, Quincy, and beyond.........

I'm reluctant to get to "out there" on my own because of the risk factor of solo riding.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
lowx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I'm in Paradise and can ride almost anytime. I've got a Vstrom 1000 and a DRZ 400. How is that Tiger off road. My Vstrom sucks off road but the DRZ is great.
lowx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Welcome to ADVrider! PM me with your phone number. Want to ride today, sunday?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
lowx
Adventurer

PM sent
Old 06-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #7
hilukstrux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
what up Chicoans!

I am in Chico too.

Anybody been to the Monday night 2WM bike-night at Big Al's? Maybe we could meet up there just to ssy hi and BS for a bit. It looks like mostly sportbiker squids, but since I've got one in the stable...

Anyway I am up for some ds rides, midweek anyone?
hilukstrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
lowx
Adventurer

What time is the meet?
Old 06-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
hilukstrux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Chico bike night

Meet time is supposed to be from 7-9 PM. I'm going tonight (first time) about 7:30. A frosty milk shake sounds good right now.

Oh yeah, I'll be on the KTM GO!!!!!!
hilukstrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,708
Will be moving....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi
Hey everyone

I'm in Chico and ride a Triumph Tiger. Looking for people to ride with. I want to explore the off road stuff around the Chico area and foothills.
to that area probably next spring. I'll be looking for a riding partner also. Put me on your friends list and keep me in mind. I'm up there usually once a month at this point but usually working. used to live up there in the mid-80's and miss it. Looking forward to getting back there and doing more riding.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Let's Ride!

I just moved to Chico a week ago to attend Chico State in the fall. It would be cool to meet some other people in town. I went up to the High Lakes a few days ago, but am trying to find something else that is close by with some mountain trails.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #12
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,177
howdy from Oroville. time to get my GranCanyon a bit dirty. Jan
jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #13
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,354
Im in Chico and I know most all the trails in the mountains around here,the trick is they are mostly two stroke oriented single track and there are more blown down trees this year then ever. Lots of dirt/gravel roads going every which way,the silt beds are getting deep by now which can be tricky.
We went out yesterday(sunday) and rode backroads to Philbrook lake,we were stopped by 6ft snow banks at 6500 ft elevation and had to take a lower road to get there. Then we took a well established trail towards Butte Meadows,ended up being many bent over and blown over tress,we had to bushwack around some way out in the woods and cut some others to get through. I have a plated DRZe Suzuki 400 and a DR650 that is better for long dirt/pavement jaunts.

Early morning rides are good with 100+ temps going on currently.

A buddy of mine is getting a dualsport business started out of Chico,we just did a 400 miler to the coast and back a couple weeks ago,had 30 guys sign up,it was a fun 2 day ride. His site is www.ironmandualsport.com

Also there is a local club called the Paradise Ridge riders,they are based out of Paradise but half the meetings are in Chico,they are a good group and theres a few dualsport riders in it. www.paradiseridgeriders.com is their site I believe. Not much of a site but has some contacts on it.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #14
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Who's up for a ride this weekend? Higlakes and beyond.....Chester .....Lassen........
Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #15
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi
Who's up for a ride this weekend? Higlakes and beyond.....Chester .....Lassen........
High lakes trails are covered in snow. I guess I should have mentioned that. I went up to Mishop Bar Campground off of Milsap Bar Road today. It's about an 8 mile dirt road that leads to the campground right on the Feather River. Past the campground, Milsap Bar Road turns into an OHV trail. I kept going up for about another mile and then turned around. On the map it continues on to a cluster of other roads that may be worth exploring. The ride was just over 120 miles overall and was pretty nice. I would be up for a day ride somewhere this weekend. I'd like to scout out some good fishing/camping spots if that can be worked in somehow.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote