ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #1
Whammo OP
Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer: 2,173
Dear supporters of the Redwood Rendezvous, Mayday Melee and friends of the Roadhouse

As you may know, a complaint was recently filed with the Sonoma County Permit and Resource Management Department by the new proprietor of the Rio Nido Lodge. This is the latest in a series of legal challenges that have plagued Brad and the Rio Nido Roadhouse since purchasing the business in 2007. Specifically, the complaint refers to the rallies that we have held at the property on a continuous, biannual basis since September of 2007. During this time, no other complaints have been documented, noted or even mentioned in passing to any member of the staff. We have never lost the full support of the community who welcome regular visits by a group such as ours.

What is especially troubling about this complaint as it pertains to the rallies is, while the property IS ZONED FOR CAMPING, they are not permitted for it. Unfortunately, there isn’t a process in place to grant use permits nor any other official channel by which to make our events compliant.

The County has been cooperative so far, and we’ve had positive exchanges with the district supervisor. What’s more, we’ve informed him to expect testimonials explaining our position in the coming weeks.

THAT’S WHERE YOU COME IN!

We could really use your help on this one in the form of an old-fashioned letter writing campaign. A positively written, concise email to the members of the Board of Zoning Adjustments, the district supervisor and a CC to Brad would help us out immensely. All addresses are listed below for an easy cut-and-paste.

Please be sure to include how the Roadhouse and our rallies brought you to the Russian River area for the first time (if that’s true), how much you’ve enjoyed visiting Sonoma, any family visits you’ve had to the area since attending a Rendezvous or Melee, etc. You get the idea. That sort of upbeat, economically positive message will go a long way towards helping us achieve our goal. Unfortunately, since it’s such a hot-button issue and the primary objection of this complaint, please REFRAIN FROM MENTIONING “CAMPING” SPECIFICALLY.

Our long-time friend Pete from Berkeley has written a nice response as an example of what could be put down in the email:

“Speaking as a tourist, I'd be happy to pass my experience along. I don't live too close to Rio Nido but I have been there about twenty five times. The Roadhouse has always been the primary destination. I've been to the majority of these small gatherings but I have also come other times with family, friends and groups of riders who had not been to the Guerneville area but who have returned. In addition to the Roadhouse, we have shopped at the Safeway, gas stations, bars and antique stores. The Rio Nido Roadhouse is an asset to the local community, and the motorcycle gatherings they have organized have been what have introduced so many of us to it. Shutting these gatherings down would be just plain stupid. A loss for all involved now and all who would come in the future.”

From the bottom of our hearts we thank you for all of your past, present and future support. From the first time Brad showed me the lawn, pool and amazing redwoods, we have dreamt of having friends spend time at the Roadhouse. You have truly made it what it is today.

Our warmest regards,
Josh, Brad, Raena and Amy

Board of Zoning Adjustment members:
Tom Lynch- Tlynch@sonic.net
Pamela Davis- p.davis479@gmail.com
Jason Liles- jason@liles.net
Paula Cook- pcook@ch-sc.org
Komron Shahhosseini- komron@oakmontsl.com
Shawn Montoya- shawn@montoya-associates.com
Don Bennett- dcbenn@aol.com
Richard Fogg- sonomafogg@aol.com
Greg Carr- g_carr@sbcglobal.net

District supervisor:
Efren Carrillo- Efren.Carrillo@sonoma-county.org

Please CC Brad as well:
bk_metzger@yahoo.com

Whammo screwed with this post Yesterday at 10:13 PM
Whammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #2
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,646
Alright then,our duty is clear.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #3
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,379
I look forward to the day I visit The Roadhouse, and woe betide the nefarious individuals who dare to try to impede this iconic venue of ADV legend!

Good luck, men!