ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #6586
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,979
Laugh CNF ride report

Got a text this morning "meet me at the top 9:30" didn't now who it was so decided to check it out.

Was going to do a oil change but figured needed to warm up the motor so what the heck.
(insert photo)
Got to the top at around 10ish and there was Dale waiting for me.
(insert photo)
Well we kicked it there for a few hours talking to all the riders, hikers, cages busy day up top.
(insert photo)
I picked up two grocery bags of beer, soda, monster cans etc. what a mess, people were amazed at all those cans.
(insert photo)
As a reward the beer gods left me 3 unopened PBRs nice and cold ready to consume. (one was flat two were perfect
(insert photo)
Tried to show some new peeps the ways but lost them. can you believe it you can lose people there.

All in all a great ride for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #6587
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Buster you should have gone for a shakedown ride with me in CNF before riding with those fools. I would have warned you. Riding with Rob is a blast and somethings gona happen, but no man left behind.
Heal up well and quickly. hope your not right handed.

100% my bad. Bad timing on top of bad luck. All my own doing. Not my first time at the rodeo, but it was my first time riding with a former lifeguard with a satellite phone! I even got chauffeured home. That never happens on Baywatch!

I'll catch up with you eventually Grinch!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #6588
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
100% my bad. Bad timing on top of bad luck. All my own doing. Not my first time at the rodeo, but it was my first time riding with a former lifeguard with a satellite phone! I even got chauffeured home. That never happens on Baywatch!

I'll catch up with you eventually Grinch!
Actually 100% my fault, if I had not brought the spare wheel, Rob would have been sitting at Bikinis getting drunk, Aram, you would not have been trying to pass Rob. Get the picture?
Sorry for the crash Buster....that shoulder x-ray looks knarly, heal fast.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #6589
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,478
Talking Nice pics Peter

Quote:
Got a text this morning "meet me at the top 9:30" didn't now who it was so decided to check it out.

Was going to do a oil change but figured needed to warm up the motor so what the heck.
(insert photo)
(insert photo)
Well we kicked it there for a few hours talking to all the riders, hikers, cages busy day up top.
(insert photo)
I picked up two grocery bags of beer, soda, monster cans etc. what a mess, people were amazed at all those cans.
(insert photo)
As a reward the beer gods left me 3 unopened PBRs nice and cold ready to consume. (one was flat two were perfect
(insert photo)
Tried to show some new peeps the ways but lost them. can you believe it you can lose people there.

And ride report
Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #6590
northsouth15
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
ugh, light drizzle out right now...so I'm guessing they'll close it tomm...
northsouth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #6591
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Actually 100% my fault, if I had not brought the spare wheel, Rob would have been sitting at Bikinis getting drunk, Aram, you would not have been trying to pass Rob. Get the picture?
Sorry for the crash Buster....that shoulder x-ray looks knarly, heal fast.
Aram is totally capable of passing me on that little 310 in the right spot. But honestly, we were hauling ass in open desert pucker bush and rock strewn terrain on the Nevada side. Right when he went for the pass, I was on the breaks just before blipping the throttle to pull up the front to hit the double crossing that I saw Razr almost get bucked on just in front of me. I think Aram only saw the single, making his actions totally doable. It was the second one that took him out.

If anyone knows that this can happen to anyone, it's me.

Heal quick Aram. Lets ride.

Is the little woman pissed...?
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #6592
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Aram is totally capable of passing me on that little 310 in the right spot. But honestly, we were hauling ass in open desert pucker bush and rock strewn terrain on the Nevada side. Right when he went for the pass, I was on the breaks just before blipping the throttle to pull up the front to hit the double crossing that I saw Razr almost get bucked on just in front of me. I think Aram only saw the single, making his actions totally doable. It was the second one that took him out.

Sounds very very scary , glad I worked now.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #6593
Fat Nelly
Squid Filter Repair

Oddometer: 264
text

Quote:

(insert photo)
(insert photo)
(insert photo)
(insert photo)
(insert photo)

I got the same text but misread it for Friday night at 9:30. Went up Friday night and it was epic. Took the hard way up. Not a soul to be found.
Fat Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #6594
XRnomad
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Ride report...Maple Springs Gate Open as of 6:30 this morning. Thought ranger dick might have closed it from the rain last night.. Awesome ride. Tacky dirt. Ortega gate open aswell. Wassup Grinch..Fat Nelly. I'll try to join u guys for a thurs night ride soon.
XRnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #6595
mr. thumbs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,008
Text

My phone must be broken because I didn't get a text.
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #6596
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRnomad View Post
Ride report...Maple Springs Gate Open as of 6:30 this morning. Thought ranger dick might have closed it from the rain last night.. Awesome ride. Tacky dirt. Ortega gate open aswell. Wassup Grinch..Fat Nelly. I'll try to join u guys for a thurs night ride soon.

they close it when it is 1/4" + of rain
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #6597
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post

I can agree with that sequence of events.

She seems to be coping okay.

I feel like Ozzy stumbling around the house mumbling about one thing or another. Sorry for the sideshow guys but this is the OC BS thread.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #6598
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
MS gate is closed, only bypass or limbo. No cages.

Fat Nelly and I got lost on the south side of Trabuco creek came to a section we could not make (trail washed out) was a real workout fun fun fun...

...didn't make it to the Ortaga side but most likely closed as well, will check again tomorrow.

VERY COOL!!! Now I don't feel so bad about the other week turning down the wrong road.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #6599
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,979
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
VERY COOL!!! Now I don't feel so bad about the other week turning down the wrong road.
"got lost" is code for looking old trails oops new trails whatever...

...your still a goofball for going the wrong way.

I will sweep for you next time so we don't lose you.

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #6600
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Did a Hungry Valley trip this weekend, it was fun. It is just outside LA, 2 hours from OC.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860660