ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #1366
Mr F
I hear banjos.

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
in motion..... yet

Mr F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #1367
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC View Post
So you are saying you were doing at least double the speed limit on a traffic filled road and rear ended a guy turning into a driveway? And he is the asshole? Maybe its time to start doing track days. The street is no place for this. Call me old and rotten. But nobody wants to see you dead. Or worse. My friend hit a car that pulled out from a stop sign. And killed himself and the 2 kids in the back seat. He was also coming around a sweeper. It was horrible. He was in 3 pieces and he looked better then the kids. People don't pull out in front of us because they are stupid. They pull out assuming you are doing the speed limit (if they see you coming at all) and far enough for them to fit in.

Disclaimer- I was no worse then you until I was 30. Then I took it to the track and got to really go fast. Its much safer and fun. Its worth every penny. Now I am a 10 over guy on the street. The street is no place for this. It gives bikers a bad name.
Exactly.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #1368
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Quote:
So you are saying you were doing at least double the speed limit on a traffic filled road and rear ended a guy turning into a driveway? And he is the asshole? Maybe its time to start doing track days. The street is no place for this. Call me old and rotten. But nobody wants to see you dead. Or worse. My friend hit a car that pulled out from a stop sign. And killed himself and the 2 kids in the back seat. He was also coming around a sweeper. It was horrible. He was in 3 pieces and he looked better then the kids. People don't pull out in front of us because they are stupid. They pull out assuming you are doing the speed limit (if they see you coming at all) and far enough for them to fit in.

Disclaimer- I was no worse then you until I was 30. Then I took it to the track and got to really go fast. Its much safer and fun. Its worth every penny. Now I am a 10 over guy on the street. The street is no place for this. It gives bikers a bad name.
You've sure read that I said it was my fault. Nevertheless one should not just stop on a freeway just for fun and that was exactly what he did as he wanted to "have a look at the nice mountains".
I did trackdays for years but this has nothing to do with street riding. And riding fast on streets has nothing to do with age or rationality. No one buys a 185hp superbike to crawl along. I understand what you are saying and I never would call you old or rotten as long as I dont know you well. I have sold my supersports bikes and I am now riding BMW's, meaning I have to go slow anyway Just kidding...
Thanks for thoughts, much appreciated.

PS. Am not a native speaker, what's a "10 over guy" ??
Steveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #1369
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,968
Thumbs down

You do a hundred on public road ways you get what you get. Even if it is someone else doing something stupid, if you weren't doing stupid speeds you could have avoided it.

If someone rear ended me while I was turning because he'd been doing 100mph. I'd punch him in the fucking face.

Just sayin'

Old 12-28-2011, 02:18 AM   #1370
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
You do a hundred on public road ways you get what you get. Even if it is someone else doing something stupid, if you weren't doing stupid speeds you could have avoided it.

If someone rear ended me while I was turning because he'd been doing 100mph. I'd punch him in the fucking face.

Just sayin'

My punching hero. Am not surprised, maybe a bit that it took so long till the first wisenheimer appears.... one of the many guys who always do everything right, ride correctly adhere to speed limits and never do anything which is either against law or is fun or both.....
Old 12-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #1371
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,643
Quote:
You've sure read that I said it was my fault. Nevertheless one should not just stop on a freeway just for fun and that was exactly what he did as he wanted to "have a look at the nice mountains".
I did trackdays for years but this has nothing to do with street riding. And riding fast on streets has nothing to do with age or rationality. No one buys a 185hp superbike to crawl along. I understand what you are saying and I never would call you old or rotten as long as I dont know you well. I have sold my supersports bikes and I am now riding BMW's, meaning I have to go slow anyway Just kidding...

A 10 over the speed limit guy. I don't completely follow the laws. I am usually about 10 mph over the speed limit. Yeah, those BMWs have a way of slowing you down. The things can't seem to pass anything. Not even a Starbucks.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #1372
professir
Buttugly ol biker

Oddometer: 117
Really?

Really? Your doing 100+ on a public street, and you rear end someone and its THEIR fault? I am an insurance adjuster for auto and bikes. YOU are the guys I LOVE to see come across my desk, I can smell the premiums already. Unfortunately, part of your stupidity sheds off on others premiums, not to mention the cost of lives. Please allow me to correct one train of thought though, one person doing something foolish, never gives another the right to cause their death, or do something many times as foolish. Yes, the Sr should have found a safe place to pull over to see the sights, but that does not compare to the stupid riding. My insurance company would make that 300.00 fine look pretty paltry.

FOOL!
professir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #1373
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
A 10 over the speed limit guy. I don't completely follow the laws. I am usually about 10 mph over the speed limit. Yeah, those BMWs have a way of slowing you down. The things can't seem to pass anything. Not even a Starbucks.
Many thanks Dennis!

Steve
Old 12-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #1374
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

In all fairness if I lived in Austria I would probably drive faster too. Happy Holidays Steveman
Old 12-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #1375
Hanzo
KLUANE

Oddometer: 408
Quote:

Thanx for sharing Steveman. Moments like that aren't caught very often. What a scolding you're getting.
How does it feel to be treated as a child, that doesn't know the risk of motorcycling at high speeds? I'm glad your OK.

Bike in motion thread resumes...

Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #1376
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

And back to our regularly scheduled program. Me on my Pig Control riding at a track day. Video in my link below.....
Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #1377
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Yes, I am almost as big as my bike. Lets just move on....
Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #1378
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
In all fairness if I lived in Austria I would probably drive faster too. Happy Holidays Steveman
Many thanks Dennis, it was in Italy And I didn't ride like this always. And now I am an ol fart riding a Beemer.*rofl* Lesson learned *lol*

Yeah, have a good one too, Happy New Year!
Steve
Old 12-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #1379
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Thanx for sharing Steveman. Moments like that aren't caught very often. What a scolding you're getting.
How does it feel to be treated as a child, that doesn't know the risk of motorcycling at high speeds? I'm glad your OK.

Bike in motion thread resumes...

Thanks for your nice words Hanzo,

good to see that you don't take it too serious

Weeeeee! Mothers lock up your kids! An insane biker is going way to fast! *lol*

Wish you well!

Happy New Year buddy!

Steve
Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #1380
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, I am almost as big as my bike. Lets just move on....
Nice shot

Noth'en to complain really. OK, we will not discuss the yellow jacket *lol*