Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
JMartin OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Best Cycra Handguard Model to Work with Flexx Bars?

Hello,

I am seeking information on which of Cycra's three different models of their hand guards would give me the most room for cable routing and adjustment with Flexx bars (that I would like to mount on my KTM 400).

The BRP "commas" were designed to work with the Cycra Probend. But I see Flexx is now making the CRM's for Flexx bars. Then finally there is the the Cycra Racer model which has a bend on the interior end which makes me think it might provide a bunch of room for adjustment.

I seems like I am always having to compromise between clearance for the the front brake lever and hitting the front brake hose. Thus I'd like to select the hand guard model that is going to give me the most room with which to work. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jay
Old 12-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 576
I've got two setups. One with the BRP "commas" with the Pro Bend Cycra, and the other with the Cycra bend meant to mount to the threaded pivots on the Flexbars. Personally, I like the BRP and Pro Bend Cycra setup the best. It is simply the cleanest in appearance and I also believe in function.

I highly recommend the threaded bar inserts from Flexbars as well as the bar end mounting point. Easy to tap the threads with the provided tap.

Best thing to ultimately do is give the guys at FasstCo a call. They will explain all of your options and help ensure you get it right the first time. They are easy to talk with and super customer-service oriented. Chances are, you'll end up talking to the President of the company as he is heavily involved in customer inquiries.

ben
Old 12-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
JMartin OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Very helpful Ben! Thanks.

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I've got two setups...