Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #436
scottro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Veteran
I wish I had a Sherpa...
Everything I make in a year is not enough to buy one.
Things are bad in my country.
Some are millionaires and I make $243 a month.
So much for the Liberty and Freedom I once believed in.
I will take anything with two wheels and a motor.
Except a 50cc scooter.
I am too bad off to drag one through the sand.
I need a jeep that gets 70mpg...
Well at least they haven't broken your spirit... er, nevermind.
scottro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #437
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 745
I came upon an offer that I could not refuse and now I am selling my 2001 Super Sherpa. The listing is here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513770
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #438
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer: 1,396
pic ...

Old 10-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #439
AncientMariner
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
My daughter commutes at college with mine. Dealer put the high front fender on it in desperation to try to sell it. He just needed to wait for me to be in the mood. I put the low fender back on. It's much nicer to live with after re-jetting to eliminate its painfully coldblooded character.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:07 AM   #440
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

pic

... Old School ...

= = = = =

GsVs screwed with this post 10-16-2009 at 04:43 AM
GsVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #441
diesel1959
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsVs
Hey diesel ...

I haven't got my Sherpa dirty yet like tomatoe ....

Post some pictures of your Sherpa !!
Here you go! I've added a TurboCity windscreen, top rack and SU side racks by Happy Trails, and panniers by Uncle Sam (night vision goggle cases).

diesel1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #442
Super Suz
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556
Hey. There is a Super Sherpa thread! Allllllrrrrryyyyyyt!

Looking for new tires for my 01 Super Sherpa. Any suggestions? Also, anyone like their hauler / hitch that they use with their Super Sherpa? Looking to raise the fender and will check the thread to see how that has been done before.

SS
Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #443
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Northern Az
Attached Images

Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #444
Twinsteel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Suz
Looking for new tires for my 01 Super Sherpa. Any suggestions? Also, anyone like their hauler / hitch that they use with their Super Sherpa? Looking to raise the fender and will check the thread to see how that has been done before.

SS
Yay, another Golden State Sherpa owner! We're a rare crowd. How did you find yours?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #445
Rosie!
Little MissAdventure

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Suz

SS
I use the Bridgestone Trailwing TW301/302 combo that the sherpa's come with stock. I mainly ride road and gravel, with a few non-muddy off road tracks and they work really well. Even on wet tar seal.

If you are doing more wet/muddy/gnarly off road riding they probably wont be aggressive enough, but for general road/gravel duty they are a good tyre.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #446
Twinsteel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Diesel: Thanks for the great pix of your rack setup. Looks real nice. I also saw the video you posted on the 'Minimalist Touring' thread. I don't see those particular side racks on the Happy Trail site. Do you know if this is a new product for them or just a new version of their "OSR" racks?

http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/...SR-SHERPA.aspx

Also, a question for you -- about the use of the turn signal mounts and side cover attachments for their side racks. I noticed in building my own racks that the turn signal mounts and side cover bolts on the Sherpa are not super solid mounting points. Those turn signal mounts actually flex quite a bit, and the side cover bolt holes very small and prone to stripping. It also means you have to remove the entire rack setup to get to the battery, air filter, etc. Of the three mounting points used by Happy Trail, the only one I think is real solid is the pillion peg mounts.

So, do you have confidence in the mounting setup on the Happy Trail racks? Is there much flex or movement in the rig?

In my setup, I ended up using thick aluminum sheet, bent into shape, and bolted to the rear handhold mounting points, which are very solid, and to the pillion pegs using tube steel arms. Here's a sketchy cell phone pic:

Old 10-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #447
diesel1959
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsteel
Diesel: Thanks for the great pix of your rack setup. Looks real nice. I also saw the video you posted on the 'Minimalist Touring' thread. I don't see those particular side racks on the Happy Trail site. Do you know if this is a new product for them or just a new version of their "OSR" racks?

http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/...SR-SHERPA.aspx

Also, a question for you -- about the use of the turn signal mounts and side cover attachments for their side racks. I noticed in building my own racks that the turn signal mounts and side cover bolts on the Sherpa are not super solid mounting points. Those turn signal mounts actually flex quite a bit, and the side cover bolt holes very small and prone to stripping. It also means you have to remove the entire rack setup to get to the battery, air filter, etc. Of the three mounting points used by Happy Trail, the only one I think is real solid is the pillion peg mounts.

So, do you have confidence in the mounting setup on the Happy Trail racks? Is there much flex or movement in the rig?

In my setup, I ended up using thick aluminum sheet, bent into shape, and bolted to the rear handhold mounting points, which are very solid, and to the pillion pegs using tube steel arms. Here's a sketchy cell phone pic:

HT provides you with the proper hardware to complete the install and I have no qualms about the solid nature of the setup. And yes, you'll have to remove the rack in order to remove the side covers. I wish that was not so; however, I can do the job with two allen wrenches and one box-end wrench for the nylock nuts on the bumper attachments.

diesel1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #448
Super Suz
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556

QUOTE=Twinsteel]Yay, another Golden State Sherpa owner! We're a rare crowd. How did you find yours? [/QUOTE]

Craigslist Reno

Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.

Super Suz screwed with this post 10-23-2009 at 09:50 PM
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #449
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

pic

we need more Sherpa Pictures

..... .....

Old 11-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #450
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsVs
we need more Sherpa Pictures
After the Hammer Run dual sport, a couple of weekends ago:

The bike looks MUCH better after a washing!
tomatoe333 is offline   Reply With Quote