User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #946
CallMeBoog
hi functioning idiom

Oddometer: 5,958
Hello Fellow Sherps!

Finally got my 2009 all kitted up. only went on one long trip this summer, but i have more things planned for next year. hell or high water. I got the GIVI Cases as seen at happytrails, but i had a fab shop make up the racks for a fraction of the price. going to need a new back tire next year.

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #947
GS Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Parting out a 2000 Super Sherpa

And a few extras..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639997
GS Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #948
Dirtnadvil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
need a new fender

Is there an aftermarket, supermoto fender that will fit on the Sherpa? Thanks..............John
Dirtnadvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #949
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer: 1,381
yep ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnadvil
Is there an aftermarket, supermoto fender that will fit on the Sherpa? Thanks..............John
Hey Dirtadvil ....

Check this thread - Super Sherpa high front fender choices?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #950
JibJab
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Got one

I just picked up a new 2009 Super Sherpa this weekend and all I can say is wow! I love this bike. I had no idea the bike was this nice. Very smooth, comfortable seat, good power band for a 250 and generally well thought out design by Kawasaki. Its too bad Kawasaki seems to have dropped the bike in the US for 2011. Kawasaki nailed it with the Sherpa. I wish I had gotten this bike in the past rather than the DR650. Though the DR has more power, overall the Sherpa is a much better package.

Its fun as hell riding a 250 to its limits. People are right, its much more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

2001 Kawasaki ZR-7S
2010 Kawasaki KLX250SF
JibJab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #951
Turborob
Minimalist.

Oddometer: 618
Good to see happy Sherpa owners.

I just bought new bars for mine - standard they were hurting my wrist.

The Mrs just did 3000k on the Sherpa in a week, so that sheared bolt wasn't anything important!

Got anther 3k trip planned at Christmas - yeeehaw!

The best rider is the one who enjoys it most.
Turborob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #952
Saxon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinfevrr View Post
Hello Fellow Sherps!

Finally got my 2009 all kitted up. only went on one long trip this summer, but i have more things planned for next year. hell or high water. I got the GIVI Cases as seen at happytrails, but i had a fab shop make up the racks for a fraction of the price. going to need a new back tire next year.

Those cases look aerodynamic so I love them and that rack looks very customized. Let me know if you get tired of any of them and I'll buy them off you. Here in California. Sherpa On!
Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #953
CAVEboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
new bike

So... I picked up a nice 1600mi 02 sherpa for my lovely wife to ride. I'm trying to get it ready for Christmas and I already know she isn't going to like the front fender. I like the look of the ktm fender in silver that I've seen on the forum, but need to nail down the right ktm to buy it for. I think I'm supposed to be looking for a 03-05 sx250 fender, but I would love to have confirmation on that. What fender are the klr650 guys using? Anyone have one in black mounted on their sherpa? I think silver would look good, but black is easier to get. Pictures would be great. Thanks.
CAVEboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #954
katumo_jtb
bogus journeyer

Oddometer: 452
I can only find the OEM KTM supermoto fender in black (part # 5030801020030) or orange. They're $21 at KTM World, you'd probably have to cut the headlight nubs off:

http://ktmworld.com/view_single_item...%5Fparts%2Easp

Acerbis makes a silver one. Here's a link:

http://www.bikebandit.com/acerbis-su...LAID=338447853

Hope this helps,
John
katumo_jtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #955
CAVEboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Not sure if you are responding to me or the post at the top of the page. It is a helpful link for me as well, but I'm more interested in the acerbis silver ktm stock fender. Not really looking at a supermoto fender for the wife's new sherpa. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #956
katumo_jtb
bogus journeyer

Oddometer: 452
There are options for aftermarket dirt fenders in the KTM style too. Of course you can go OEM, but again only black and orange are available (I did find a silver one but it was stupid expensive).

Aftermarket I have found Polisport and Cemoto have them, with silver available from Cemoto only. Shipping from Italy could kill the deal. If you're going to spring for shipping, why not go with carbon fiber?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...=&colorAttr=13

http://www.cemoto.it/articolo.php?id=323

John
katumo_jtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #957
CAVEboy
Gnarly Adventurer

I have tracked down a silver one with some more searching. Hopefully it is the right one, as I took a bit of a gamble. I'll post up more info and pics if it works out. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #958
pantheman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
the Greek Sherpa

Hello everyone my name is Pan (Panagiotis) and I recently bought a 2000 SS
Im a previous owner of a XL650V Transalp (2003 75000km) which i sold a couple of months ago.
I also had a XR250R 97 which I couldnt keep because the wife couldnt kick start it ,it was ment to be the replacement for her (our) litlle bike ,she had a XR125L (actually I wanted a toy,but then I had to buy her another bike if I was going to keep the XR250R ,but I have plans for a biger street bike, and three is a crowd)
So I replaced the replacer with a SS 2000 model and I got my problems solved .I have it for a couple of months and Im allready in love with it
Here it is
the previous owner had brutalized the rear suspension with cuted dogbones ,I found and replace them with new ones ,preload the spring to its highest level,and gave it 2mm aditions in its fork to also preload it,my mechanic did that but left it no sag and I wonder now if it gain a litlle sag

pantheman screwed with this post 12-20-2010 at 10:32 AM
pantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #959
mike21b
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantheman View Post
Hello everyone my name is Pan (Panagiotis) and I recently bought a 2000 SS
Im a previous owner of a XL650V Transalp (2003 75000km) which i sold a couple of months ago.
I also had a XR250R 97 which I couldnt keep because the wife couldnt kick start it ,it was ment to be the replacement for her (our) litlle bike ,she had a XR125L (actually I wanted a toy,but then I had to buy her another bike if I was going to keep the XR250R ,but I have plans for a biger street bike, and three is a crowd)
So I replaced the replacer with a SS 2000 model and I got my problems solved .I have it for a couple of months and Im allready in love with it
Here it is
Welcome! And, the bike looks good. You'll find that the Sherpa is at least as reliable (and more civilized) than the XR250 (another good bike).

Is that a KLR-250 front Fender? Pantheman, you might not know if it came with the bike, but others should recognize it.

Mike
mike21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #960
pantheman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
the fender came with the bike and its the standard fender that sherpas wear in Europe along with the diferent mask and turn signals

PS my speedo just stoped reading kilometers it just shows zero!!
Got any Ideas anyone ,Ive cheked the cable and its there WTF hapened Idont know
pantheman is offline   Reply With Quote