User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #391
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,425
My cycle stopped before I got to try the Diva cup
So I don't have to worry about that stuff ..

I have mid back length hair ..
And I too braid it but in 2 braids.. I never liked the 1 braid thing..

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #392
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 478
Yeah I don't know about the whole diva cup thing but I have hair half way down my back now and I do the bun thing so. An take it out when we break. I have too many short pieces of hair that get in my face if I do braids. If I cut bangs that would help a lot I bet. I also have the strange problem of a big head and if I use braids they make my head hurt under the helmet because I have to do partial French braids to get the shorter pieces. French braids add just enough more size to my head to make the helmet tighter. I either buy a larger helmet depending on the brand or a medium helmet and razor out parts of the helmet!

Here's a picture of my hair up from a ride a couple days ago. Lady dracos braids are much cuter

Here's my hair down in Daytona bike week last year messing around on a pole I found
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #393
swann
Just practicing...

Oddometer: 273
I was braiding my hair too but they get messy. I just bought two do rag type things that keep my hair in much better shape. My daughter liked the shiny chrome one and took it to use for riding the Atv so I might only have one now! :)

http://raci-babi.com/Helmet-Liners-for-Women.aspx

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #394
swann
Just practicing...

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by azia View Post
I'm a little scared of this Diva cup thing...to my understanding, it doesn't actually absorb anything, just holds it like a "cup" so....how do you take it out? Cleanly, that is.
Hmm, how graphic should I get? ;). The stem part is pretty close to the opening so you don't have to dig around or anything. Smooth pull and out it comes. Unless you're standing in your head the cup comes out without spilling. Hth!

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #395
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

I guess I never worry about how messy my hair gets ,even with the braids..
But then again ya can just undo them and redo in less then 5 min....

I use to do the pony clip set low... But would get killer knots at the ends...

I hate do rags ... Could never get use to the feel...

But in winter I will use a Zub ... Micro tube that get my neck and head...

I love that shot of you and the dancer pole TS.....

Old 08-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #396
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
I guess I never worry about how messy my hair gets ,even with the braids..
But then again ya can just undo them and redo in less then 5 min....

I use to do the pony clip set low... But would get killer knots at the ends...

I hate do rags ... Could never get use to the feel...

But in winter I will use a Zub ... Micro tube that get my neck and head...

I love that shot of you and the dancer pole TS.....
Agree about the killer knots. Sometimes I a lazy and leave it in a pony tail only to regret the decision that night every time! I love the zub. I use that in colder weather too and you can use it so many different ways! Plus it is thin enough so doesn't make my head bigger under the helmet.

Thanks! That was a fun dancer moment. Hard to climb in jeans but was a fun minute to play
Old 08-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #397
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff View Post
Agree about the killer knots. Sometimes I a lazy and leave it in a pony tail only to regret the decision that night every time!
Tip for the day .... Get some leave in conditioner ( I like "organix" Coconut milk leave in hair cream )and when you take your hair out of what ever.. put a quarter size in your palm,Then rub it in to the area of knots . Works wonders !!! Big rake comb glides right through
And it good for your hair at the same time , stops it from drying out in the wind...

Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #398
TXADVGIRL
n00b

Oddometer: 5
RawHyde

HI,
I am new to this site- so i am not sure if I am posting in the right spot. I am really looking for just the woman's perspective...
Has anyone here done the RawHyde adventures course? I am scheduled to go in November and have a lot of questions. I am new to motorcycles- and have never been off road- not even a quiet dirt driveway... I got my license a couple of years ago and bought a F650GS but have only done day trips and around town stuff and still dont have a whole lot of miles under my belt.

If there is anyone available that has been through the course-I would love to pick our brain.

Thanks- I look forward to doing some trips like you guys describe-
TXADVGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #399
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 236
(Sorry if too much info, but...) Where do I start? I went to RawHyde in Sept 2010 with a similar riding history. It was hard work for me, but it was incredible and totally worth the investment. They don't just teach drills, they introduce you to what the whole off-road thing is all about, the community.

I was also very glad to get structured training before going out and getting bad habits or crazy advice from people. The staff's job is to see you succeed in what's being taught and they work hard to help you 'get it'. I was the slowest to 'get it' in my group (I was the only female of 12), but my fellow students were supportive. I also did the Base Camp Alpha trip which cemented the skills and made all the hard work worth it, getting to beautiful spots in the desert I wouldn't have ever seen otherwise.

Things I was glad I did beforehand:
-ride as much as possible
-got full gear, including hydration pack and motocross style boots (e-bay stuff to start off)
-focused on cardio and strength training for a few months ahead (not essential, but I wasn't sure what to expect)

Things I wish I had done:
-rented a bike that was same as mine at home (I didn't have a lot of riding experience so it was hard to get used to a different clutch/throttle response)

-Dawn

AnyDay screwed with this post 08-24-2012 at 10:36 AM Reason: shortened a bit
AnyDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #400
TXADVGIRL
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Thanks for the advice- I am trying to ramp up the cardio and strength a little too and I need to find some motoX type boots.
My husband is also in the class but he is way ahead of me experience wise and has ridden off road on smaller bikes... my main goal is to have fun, learn a lot and not impede his "good time" by having him worry about me wallowing around on the ground... :)
Did they break you up in to smaller groups according to experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDay View Post
(Sorry if too much info, but...) Where do I start? I went to RawHyde in Sept 2010 with a similar riding history. It was hard work for me, but it was incredible and totally worth the investment. They don't just teach drills, they introduce you to what the whole off-road thing is all about, the community.

I was also very glad to get structured training before going out and getting bad habits or crazy advice from people. The staff's job is to see you succeed in what's being taught and they work hard to help you 'get it'. I was the slowest to 'get it' in my group (I was the only female of 12), but my fellow students were supportive. I also did the Base Camp Alpha trip which cemented the skills and made all the hard work worth it, getting to beautiful spots in the desert I wouldn't have ever seen otherwise.

Things I was glad I did beforehand:
-ride as much as possible
-got full gear, including hydration pack and motocross style boots (e-bay stuff to start off)
-focused on cardio and strength training for a few months ahead (not essential, but I wasn't sure what to expect)

Things I wish I had done:
-rented a bike that was same as mine at home (I didn't have a lot of riding experience so it was hard to get used to a different clutch/throttle response)

-Dawn
TXADVGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #401
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 236
My husband and I both did the class together, too. We were in separate groups which was perfect, as you said, then he wasn't worrying about me. They broke us up into groups randomly.

I found MX boots on e-bay, kids grow out of them before they get nasty, so there are some good deals on barely used boots.
AnyDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #402
Newstar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXADVGIRL View Post
Thanks for the advice- I am trying to ramp up the cardio and strength a little too and I need to find some motoX type boots.
My husband is also in the class but he is way ahead of me experience wise and has ridden off road on smaller bikes... my main goal is to have fun, learn a lot and not impede his "good time" by having him worry about me wallowing around on the ground... :)
Did they break you up in to smaller groups according to experience?

Chiming in late but here is my two cents:

Definitely find good motoX boots. When I took the RawHyde course, I didn't give boots much thought. I wore my Oxtar (touring) boots. I've since learned that I need a more rigid sole. I ride in Alpine Stars now and for the first few months, it felt like walking and riding in ski boots. They are very stiff until broken in but now I love them and it helps alot to have a solid foot bed.

If you can afford it, rent one of their bikes. It's so much easier to learn when you are not worried about breaking something on your bike. Trust me! I took a few spectacular wipe outs on their bike!

The group should be no more than 12 riders with two instructors. All are taught the same course regardless of prior experience. Don't be intimidated by your husband or any othe rrider that you feel is better than you. But do be prepared to take a spill or two and learn from each one.

It's expensive but well worth the $$$. Let us know how you made out!

www.gsgiants.com
Newstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #403
NomadGal
Esther

Oddometer: 982
As far as the hair thing goes, well, I just chopped it off before I left, Soooo much easier, especially being on the road for a long time like I am. It's actually growing out again, I just cut it again a month or so ago.

NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #404
Lee C
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
Thumb

[/QUOTE]
Hi Tuffstuff my Girlfriend loves your boots can you please tell me who makes them Thanks Great pic on the pole
Lee C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #405
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee C View Post
Hi Tuffstuff my Girlfriend loves your boots can you please tell me who makes them Thanks Great pic on the pole[/QUOTE]

Ah the boots!!! Yes I love those boots. I wear them when we are on the Harley because the slip on and off easy and have no heel and are super simple. I ordered them from DSW for $35 2 years ago when we were riding across country from Sturgis. They are called zigi soho boots. I can't find them online right now but if I do will send you the link.

Thanks for the compliment about the pic. I do pole fitness and couldn't resist jumping on a pole when I saw one in Daytona :-)