Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #436
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post
My DR is the same way, a little heat tape/wrap around the forward exhaust parts really helps where your legs rest!
L
Thanks!

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #437
TXADVGIRL
n00b

Oddometer: 5
What were the accommodations like? Bunkhouse? Did you do the 2 day trip afterwards? Is that just small tents or big shared tents? I cant find much info about any of the logistics.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDay View Post
My husband and I both did the class together, too. We were in separate groups which was perfect, as you said, then he wasn't worrying about me. They broke us up into groups randomly.

I found MX boots on e-bay, kids grow out of them before they get nasty, so there are some good deals on barely used boots.
TXADVGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #438
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXADVGIRL View Post
What were the accommodations like? Bunkhouse? Did you do the 2 day trip afterwards? Is that just small tents or big shared tents? I cant find much info about any of the logistics.

thanks!
My husband and I got a bedroom together in the office/house. When I was there solo in March for a tour, I had my own room in a trailer rig. They generally find women and couples space to themselves. There are a few flush toilets, but generally the 'loo is an outhouse. For the two day trip, we used small tents. They supplied foam pads and sleeping bags.
AnyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #439
WNDRLST
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Does anyone have any idea who manufactures the jacket on this rider (lifted from the Killboy thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post

It looks like a practical, unfussy jacket that OMG, actually fits her.
WNDRLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #440
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,826
I think it's a First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket. But in an older style. You can find it here: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/f...manjaro-jacket
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #441
WNDRLST
Adventurer

I'm pretty sure it's not a Kili. At least, not from the last 3 years. lack of chest pockets, cream color, and the fitted cut are all unlike a Kili. Every touring jacket seems to be pasted all over with pockets, has a very square cut, and is either black or grey; I'm very interested in finding one that is none of these things.

Maybe I should give up and aim for an easier goal; like a goose that lays golden eggs.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #442
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,498
Finding women's riding gear isn't easy. I wear this jacket and like it: http://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/...orcycle-Jacket I'm a round gal and I found this in women's sizes. It's big enough around my bust and hips but yet the shoulders and sleeve legnth aren't so big I'm swimming.

Mine is black with pink piping. I prefer black just because the dead bugs don't show as much as they do on light colors but that's just what I like. The biggest thing for me was finding something that fit, is comfortable, and didn't cost so much I had to put the bike away for a season to afford it.

Most years I go to the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle and was able to check out all sorts of jackets there. The nice guy from Helmet House dug this jacket out and told me it would fit. I didn't believe him because other sales people had tried to put me in bigger sizes, that were too big in the shoulders or into men's jacket I am so not built like a man.

Good luck finding your prefect riding gear. Keep looking it might be where you least expect it.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #443
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

As soon as I thoroughly check out my finances I'm going to get mesh motoport pants and a jacket. The 3/4 length jacket is not stylin', but you can have them leave off all of the giant front pockets. I just need the hand warmer pockets and a tiny chest pocket for my iPod. pricey, but custom made and they're 20 minutes from my house. I'm hoping they can fit the jacket so I don't get the "sir, excuse me" from people behind me when I'm wearing my "football shoulders" jacket.
sigh........

Old 10-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #444
lexluther11
Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer: 1,071
They make womens riding gear here http://macnausa.com/macna-motorcycle...cycle-jackets/ .......and yes I was snooping on your ladies thread
lexluther11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #445
WNDRLST
Adventurer

I need to hit one of the big motorcycle shows and try on stuff. I tried on helmets at the MotoGP races at Laguna Seca, and was able to rule out 3 brands entirely, and get 2 good options for my next helmet, But there wasn't much in the way of women's riding gear (lots of tank tops, but not much actual riding gear).

Someone just told me about Held, http://stores.heldnorthamerica.com/StoreFront.bok which has some promising stuff for women. I just found out I'm going to the UK for XMas, so I think I'll check out some of the European brands while I'm there. Two months isn't too long to wait to find The Perfect Jacket (I'm so tired of compromising with badly fitting, not-quite-functional gear).

Always looking for more ideas for gear!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #446
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDRLST View Post
I need to hit one of the big motorcycle shows and try on stuff. I tried on helmets at the MotoGP races at Laguna Seca, and was able to rule out 3 brands entirely, and get 2 good options for my next helmet, But there wasn't much in the way of women's riding gear (lots of tank tops, but not much actual riding gear).

Someone just told me about Held, http://stores.heldnorthamerica.com/StoreFront.bok which has some promising stuff for women. I just found out I'm going to the UK for XMas, so I think I'll check out some of the European brands while I'm there. Two months isn't too long to wait to find The Perfect Jacket (I'm so tired of compromising with badly fitting, not-quite-functional gear).

Always looking for more ideas for gear!
We have a shop here that carries a tiny bit of women's riding gear (mostly men's) and lots of skimpy little tops.....
hmmm...... Guess some clothing manufacturers haven't quite clued in yet.......

Old 10-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #447
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 238
I really like Olympia jackets. They have pockets, features, protection, and take curves into consideration. Their sizing chart seems to run true (as in, I had to order online because no one had one for me to try on but it actually fit).
AnyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #448
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,826
I have an Airglide 3 Olympia jacket and love it. It's got a quilted and a waterproof zip-out liner, so it's very adjustable for temps. The pants zip to the jacket to make it truly waterproof.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #449
WNDRLST
Adventurer

I like Olympia; I have their pants, and they're pretty great. For jackets, it looks like I will probably end up in an Olympia AST 2. It meets most of my requirements: waterproof, good ventilation, placket over the front zipper. And at least it comes in grey (which is not great, but is at least not black). The fit reports sound like it will mostly work. But I'm guessing I'll still look like a little girl who stole her daddy's motorcycle in it.

I will try to make do this fall with lots of layers under my mesh, until I can go to Europe and try some stuff on there. If nothing works, well... a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #450
LuluOfDenver
The peanut gallery.

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDRLST View Post
I like Olympia; I have their pants, and they're pretty great. For jackets, it looks like I will probably end up in an Olympia AST 2. It meets most of my requirements: waterproof, good ventilation, placket over the front zipper. And at least it comes in grey (which is not great, but is at least not black). The fit reports sound like it will mostly work. But I'm guessing I'll still look like a little girl who stole her daddy's motorcycle in it.

I will try to make do this fall with lots of layers under my mesh, until I can go to Europe and try some stuff on there. If nothing works, well... a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do.
I have an Olympia AST2 and I like almost everything about it. I bought it before riding to AK in May, and it kept me totally warm and waterproof the whole time. In fact, two weeks ago I went out riding on our first really cold, lookin-like-winter day with just a thin layer on under and stayed plenty warm, even when hitting a small bit of snow. Sadly, I bought a small, not knowing that an x-small was available. Mine is in super obnoxious hi-viz yellow. Slightly less so now that it has seen 14,000 miles.

The only thing about the jacket I don't really like (and would have been less of an issue if I had the smaller size) is the collar making it a little more difficult to turn my head. It's not that I can't, I just have to work a little harder at it. Make sure you try the jacket with your helmet.

I like the protection of my gear. I don't like that you can't tell I'm a woman when I'm in it...

GIRL ON A MOTORBIKE
Http://louisesbmwbike.blogspot.com
LuluOfDenver is offline   Reply With Quote