Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 AM   #256
GazzaFish OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Prestonpaul, jump in at any time, but is anyone riding North from Canberra in the next week? I believe Prestonpaul has Bacon sorted until Canberra, hope he travels far
GazzaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 AM   #257
GazzaFish OP
Studly Adventurer

Should bacon have his own login.??

I also like the idea of a seperate user name for Bacon to use when posting. that way when reading the trip report you could reference quickly what posts are from bacon....

Does anyone know if this could be setup?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:53 AM   #258
boottothedoor
The Muddy

Oddometer: 37
How about 'THE Bacon'...since I'd like to bring home THE Bacon.
"I hate cities. To me they are just large containers for the desperate. Out in the rural areas one can be poor, but still live with integrity and self respect. I normally avoid cities like the plague when on a bike trip. Today I need what it offers though and so we descend." - metaljockey

Actually bird is the word...but the bird says mum. So we're gonna go with that. Over and out, dude.

boottothedoor screwed with this post 11-28-2007 at 07:22 AM
boottothedoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:19 AM   #259
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:21 AM   #260
Putts
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by boottothedoor
How about 'THE Bacon'...since I'd the to bring home THE Bacon.
Speaking of which, 100mpg, if I can make a small suggestion, which you can summarily ignore if you wish, maybe "Pass the Bacon World Relay" instead of "Pass the Pig World Relay" on the sticker. Just seems a little more ... breakfast-like!?

But, your sticker, your call.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #261
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer: 3,046
Is the Bacon mileage going to be logged in the Bacon book that he takes with him?

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #262
boottothedoor
The Muddy

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putts
Speaking of which, 100mpg, if I can make a small suggestion, which you can summarily ignore if you wish, maybe "Pass the Bacon World Relay" instead of "Pass the Pig World Relay" on the sticker. Just seems a little more ... breakfast-like!?

Two thumbs for Putts' suggestion.
"I hate cities. To me they are just large containers for the desperate. Out in the rural areas one can be poor, but still live with integrity and self respect. I normally avoid cities like the plague when on a bike trip. Today I need what it offers though and so we descend." - metaljockey

Actually bird is the word...but the bird says mum. So we're gonna go with that. Over and out, dude.
boottothedoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #263
GazzaFish OP
Studly Adventurer

Bacons log book contains:-

- His mileage
- Type of bike riden
- Name of Advrider
- start location
- dates etc
- description of the ride and what bacon did...

Inside the cover of Bacon's log book, I wrote up some brief instructions for fellow carriers....

Be an interesting read in 12 months time. :)
Old 11-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #264
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,018
I am doing this for everyone so if it is what the inmates like, so shall it be.
I want to get those that are riding WITH bacon to have the sticker while they are doing the ride.
I will make THAT change then email the picture to the printer.
SO, is there anymore ideas before it is too late?
Speak up now!!!

And I will post this here, so as not to clutter up the ride report. Is there a CLEAR order of riders, with their respective countries? How will Bacon get over the pond(s) when needed? Does he need a passport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putts

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #265
GazzaFish OP
Studly Adventurer

Decision time. Looks good. Do it. I've already handed Bacon on to carrier No.2 (PrestonPaul) but i'd still love a sticker or 2 for my bike. As I started this whole thing, it's only right that I buy a couple of stickers. I already miss him.....

Better have abeer for him tonight
Old 11-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #266
GazzaFish OP
Studly Adventurer

I dont think there is a 'clear' route that Bacon will take or a 'clear' list of advriders. Each country has people who are keen to help organsie things. I think if we keep a general idea in mind would be far better than trying to lock Bacon's route down in concerete. As for getting over the ponds, I think there s a fair chance that Bacon can be carried by advriders who are flying out for a ride (or back home from one). For example, Advrider GSdane is doing a lap of Australia now and it would be nice in a month (approx) to get Bacon to him and he can take Bacon back to England for his Europe leg?? Worst case, Put him in a postpack and mail away....but that is worst case in my opinion. I would recommend that each ADVrider carrying Bacon should actively try recruit the next rider etc going in the correct general direction. I reckon it will just all work out somehow... No doubt Bacon will re-trace his steps sometimes but in general, he should get around. There's plenty of ADVRiders around the world and nearly always someone going somewhere...
Old 11-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #267
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaFish
Decision time. Looks good. Do it. I've already handed Bacon on to carrier No.2 (PrestonPaul) but i'd still love a sticker or 2 for my bike. As I started this whole thing, it's only right that I buy a couple of stickers. I already miss him.....

Better have abeer for him tonight
I feel kinda paternal to the little guy, too, and I can't wait to meet him. I better drink a beer for him, too. Good thinking, G-Fish...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #268
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,018
The first pic is the 300DPI version, the second is a 150 DPI so you can actually see it on the screen.
Something don't look right...

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #269
Putts
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,358
I'd trim Bacon's bottom (would that just get us bacon?) so that it looked behind the D. And then I'd run it through a filter that softened the edges a bit; it looks like some of the letters didn't anti-alias.

Other than that I think it's sweet. You're going to get some softening of detail once it gets printed that will make it a little less harsh, too.

Did I say I think it's sweet?

Edit - Also the background won't look so stark white on the retroreflective material; it'll get a little more "pearl" looking and go quite well with the pink ... I think.

Putts screwed with this post 11-28-2007 at 06:56 PM
Putts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #270
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Oddometer: 1,915
Saw a mention that someone could get it to N. Idaho - I'm just across the border - between the adventure riders here we could get Bacon to Seattle side easy enough.

my smugmug: http://svizzerams.smugmug.com

Proud to be Riff Raff 07-08-09-10-11 !!!!
svizzerams is offline   Reply With Quote