ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #16
LarryB OP
Baja GPS Maps, LBMaps.com

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster
Interesting, I did the ride about 2 years ago, yes deep, deep, soft pillowy sand, but alot of single track and bushwack too. We had no idea where we were going, only some sketchy info and directions (big rock next to tree, go left ) kind of stuff,. and of course a gps to tell us if we were totally fuckulated. I was going to go do the route again last week, but my buddy's schedule dictated that we stay in the far north and do a little loop. Ah, maybe in the fall, its heating up in the low desert pretty good right now and I dont fancy doing that route in 100*+ heat.
A riding buddy did this last year and said it was one of the most beautiful rides he has done. We are going to ride it N-S the end of Feb 2010. Probably camp somewhere on the beach . He said it was a bit of work on his XR650l loaded w/gear.

He also has a line on a route from Catavina west to the coast. Anyone know of this?

Larry
Old 12-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #17
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB

He also has a line on a route from Catavina west to the coast. Anyone know of this?

Larry
thats one of Bill Nichols routes. It has some rough spots. I thought a 450 was way too much bike on that route, well for me anyway. The 22 days and Freds Tractor Trail are even more burly I think..........

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #18
LarryB OP
Baja GPS Maps, LBMaps.com

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster
thats one of Bill Nichols routes. It has some rough spots. I thought a 450 was way too much bike on that route, well for me anyway. The 22 days and Freds Tractor Trail are even more burly I think..........
Any idea where I can find these tracks/routes?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
bajafool
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Crashmaster,
I can't open your .GPX file in Garmin RoadTrip. I think it is because your track is in a document. Can anyone provide me with guidance? Error is: The document “20080221.gpx” could not be opened. RoadTrip cannot open files in the “Garmin RoadTrip Document” format.
bajafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
sp4ce
Orange Invader

Oddometer: 431
2012 update

We rode this Jan of 2012 following a route from gpsxchange.com: http://www.gpsxchange.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1505

Mostly good two track. Heading into the mountains after La Trinidad the track runs in a very sandy, rocky wash for a ways and would be a stone bitch on a big bike. The area is VERY remote. It took us about 18 hours from Bay of LA, but we had a bunch of mechanicals (leaking tank, broken sub frame, malfunctioning lights, broken chain, ruptured FI hose) and spent at least 4 hours stopped wrenching.
sp4ce is offline   Reply With Quote